Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The redskins don’t need a better player now. They need a better player in the 2020 draft. They need to go 3-13 or 4-12 in 2019 so they can get that better QB.

Having the #2 overall pick in 2012 didn't do squat for the team.

They don't need a worse record...they need a better GM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Agree, Keenum is leverage 

Exactly... Nobody was buying the Skins being content with McCoy as the starter. I dont see AZ in a rush to trade Rosen and we pick 15th in draft.

My stance all along was to sit back and not overpay. This helps that position. 

• Like 3
Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Package Keenum with a 3rd for Rosen?  That provides AZ a cheap vet that’s not a threat to backup Murray.

Why not just trade directly with the Broncos, then? What am I missing? lol...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Having the #2 overall pick in 2012 didn't do squat for the team.

They don't need a worse record...they need a better GM.

Yet people keep wanting that high pick like it will save us.  The right QB will keep us relevant best case scenario if nothing else, see Aaron Rodgers.

• Like 1

GUYS, Keenum is NOT playing for 3.5 mill next year.  That was just half of the guaranteed money (7mill) left on his contract for 2019 but his total CAP HIT was going to be 21 million.  Now that the 7mill has been paid off, the Skins can renegotiate a new contract extension... I expect it to still be pretty high in the 10-15 range.

EDIT:  I didn't realize that Keenum actually waived his $10million and we ARE getting him for 3.5 this year.  This is actually a very solid move for the Skins.

Edited by LaRonDontLikeUgly
3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Disclaimer - I'm connecting dots with unconfirmed tweets (LOL) but apparently AZ was one destination Keenum preferred and wanted desperately to get out of Denver.  If he doesn't get moved, he'll be a one year rental.

Edited by HigSkin
1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

They apparently dont want to tip their hand too early about what they are doing with the #1 pick. They are trying to potentially drive up interest in someone paying a ransom to get Murray. Trading for Keenum or trading away Rosen tells everyone what they are doing.

• Like 1
Just now, Califan007 said:

I think the Broncos wanted to make a move now. AZ sounds like they want to wait a bit.

I will say this though... if we trade a 3rd and Keenum for Rosen... that would be an interesting year. If I told you 12 months ago:

"We are going to use our 59th pick in the 2018 draft and a 3rd rounder in the 2019 draft.... And end up with Guice, Foster, and Rosen..."

You'd slap me for saying something so outlandish

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

AZ not ready to make that move. Still have Rosen who Denver does not want. ALso, I believe the Redskins did this as insurance so they don;t get left out of the QB carousel. I am typically all in on a FO bashing because they deserve it so much of the time. 

But this was a solid move given the situation the team is in. It's almost free meaning they can still make other moves. I do not think they are done her at all. Waiting to see it all unfold - which could go right into day 1 of the draft. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, pcbothwel said:

I think the Broncos wanted to make a move now. AZ sounds like they want to wait a bit.

I will say this though... if we trade a 3rd and Keenum for Rosen... that would be an interesting year. If I told you 12 months ago:

"We are going to use our 59th pick in the 2018 draft and a 3rd rounder in the 2019 draft.... And end up with Guice, Foster, and Rosen..."

Id have asked what you had in your pipe.....

23 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm in a panic because I fear they ARE done at QB.

Yes, they might draft a midround guy but that's just a "meh" move imo.

even if they are done, I've been on the train for 2020 QBs anyway, so if it bombs and they have a bad season then so what?  

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

They got Kirk for $28M...we get Case for $3.5M.

If Case is starting and we end up beating the Vikings, I am headed straight to the nearest Vikings message board and take in the chaos lol...

That would be sweet!

1 hour ago, pcbothwel said:

Hahahahahahahah.... What a joke

Just so EVERYONE here is aware of what just happened.

Case Keenum is guaranteed 7M of his 18M base salary.

Meaning... If the Broncos cut him they have 10M in dead money (3M from signing bonus + 7M for this years salary)

However, If they trade him the new team takes on that 7M guaranteed bonus.

Translation: We just saved the Broncos 7M dollars in both actual cash payments and cap hit... and we are giving them draft compensation as well.

WE ARE A JOKE OF A FRANCHISE.

Any team trading for Keenum should be RECEIVING draft picks...not trading them

This post didn’t age well 

• Haha 9
10 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Disclaimer - I'm connecting dots with unconfirmed tweets (LOL) but apparently AZ was one destination Keenum preferred and wanted desperately to get out of Denver.  If he doesn't get moved, he'll be a one year rental.

9 minutes ago, panahoo said:

They apparently dont want to tip their hand too early about what they are doing with the #1 pick. They are trying to potentially drive up interest in someone paying a ransom to get Murray. Trading for Keenum or trading away Rosen tells everyone what they are doing.

8 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

AZ not ready to make that move. Still have Rosen who Denver does not want. ALso, I believe the Redskins did this as insurance so they don;t get left out of the QB carousel. I am typically all in on a FO bashing because they deserve it so much of the time. 

But this was a solid move given the situation the team is in. It's almost free meaning they can still make other moves. I do not think they are done her at all. Waiting to see it all unfold - which could go right into day 1 of the draft. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1