Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

The more I look, the more I get the vibe Haskins might make it all the way down to 15.  He's not dominating the combine enough for the Giants to justify sitting him behind Eli for a year or two instead of getting someone on either of their lines.  The Jags are talking about getting Foles.  Dolphins can't get out of the Tannahill contract.

Should we wait to see if Haskins drops to us before pulling trigger on Rosen trade?  Think we should seriously consider that.  I can't help but feel Cardinals throwing this guy away so quickly they know something we don't and won't come out yet to further hurt his trade value.

KYLER MURRAYQB, COLLEGE PLAYER
13950.jpg

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Clarence Hill reports Raiders coach Jon Gruden is "all over" Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray.

Hill adds, Jon's brother, Jay, and the Redskins, are also interested in Murray. Oakland currently holds the Nos. 4, 24, and 27 overall picks in the first round, while also having the No. 35 pick in tow. If Gruden wants to make a move to get Murray, he certainly has the ammo to pull it off. However, the noise coming out of the Combine has the Cardinals having just as much love for Murray, and they hold the No. 1 pick. All we know is Murray looks like a lock to go first overall some way or another.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines#news-8883991

41 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The more I look, the more I get the vibe Haskins might make it all the way down to 15.  He's not dominating the combine enough for the Giants to justify sitting him behind Eli for a year or two instead of getting someone on either of their lines.  The Jags are talking about getting Foles.  Dolphins can't get out of the Tannahill contract.

Should we wait to see if Haskins drops to us before pulling trigger on Rosen trade?  Think we should seriously consider that.  I can't help but feel Cardinals throwing this guy away so quickly they know something we don't and won't come out yet to further hurt his trade value.

Hahahaha hahahaha

there is a zero percent chance Haskins makes it to 15. Zero.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Pretty sure we said same about Allen last year.

Allen is a DE and he dropped due to injury.

There are so many teams ahead of us that would pick Haskins that need a QB. You’re delusional if you think he’s gonna make it to 15.

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

What?!??!where!!???? why????!! HOW???!!!! How y'all set yourself up like this is beyond me..might as well not consider yourself a fan..ughh I absolutely ****ing hate seeing all the stupid ass negative "this year's a wash"..."forget this year, who we gonna draft with the first pick next year"..Jesus h ****in gods!!!, I had to get that out of my system sorry!!

It's called reality.

Get over it and stop acting like a tool.

13 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

There are so many teams ahead of us that would pick Haskins that need a QB. You’re delusional if you think he’s gonna make it to 15.

I'm sick of you being disrespectful to me, cut that **** out and talk like an adult.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-take-trade-bait-move-up-to-take-kyler-murray-no-1-overall/

This was two hours ago, only two QBs taken before us, Arizons with Murray and Giants with Haskins.  This is NOT delusional.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm sick of you being disrespectful to me, cut that **** out and talk like an adult.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-take-trade-bait-move-up-to-take-kyler-murray-no-1-overall/

This was two hours ago, only two QBs taken before us, Arizons with Murray and Giants with Haskins.  This is NOT delusional.

Brinson doesn't even have Lock in the 1st round.

I would not say it is delusional but in reality Haskins was the front runner until Murray decided to commit and there are too many teams ahead of us who would take him if he were available.  Say Murray goes to the Cards, the Giants trade for Rosen and the Jags take Foles that would still leave Haskins as the best QB on the board and Denver and Miami are ahead of us and both in need of a new direction, I know Denver traded for Flacco but if Haskins or Lock is there at 10 I still think they draft a QB for the future.  I can be convinced that Elway is going to fall in love with Lock and may take him over Haskins but I cannot see him getting past Miami at 13 so depending on how things fall we probably need to move up to 12 at least to get Haskins which I would be fine with.

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

When you say that we should sign Le’Veon Bell that erases any credibility.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Pfft... Please, we can't agree on everything, you acting mad rude doesn't make you the authority on anything.

No but putting out ridiculous ideas that have no benefit contributes nothing to the conversation.

1 minute ago, JoggingGod said:

No but putting out ridiculous ideas that have no benefit contributes nothing to the conversation.

This is a discussion forum, you are more then welcome to put me on ignore and stop telling me what to do.

42 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

The thing is, Haskins COULD fall.   There's an infinite number of possibilities in the draft, and there is a very saturated market of QBs available between the draft and free agency.  NONE of these qbs (outside of maybe Murray) has truly separated themselves from the others.  From everything i've heard, Haskins did nothing to actually separate himself from anyone, and I have even seen some analysis saying Lock proved why he was the top rated QB coming into this season.  it's not likely that Haskins falls, but it would not truly shock me to see him him there at 15.... especially if someone like Oakland does something wild to get up to the no. 1 pick.  

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

See... I sit back if Im the skins... It looks like a 95% chance that Murray is a Cardinal or Raider, which means Rosen or Carr becomes available.

Assuming Foles is a Jaguar, someone help me here...

That means 1 QB on the market (Rosen or Carr), Haskins, and Lock.

And I see only the Giants and Dolphins in the immediate market. 

So you have 3 QB's along with Tannehill, Keenum and Bridgewater as FA's....

Again, Im not overpaying for ANYTHING or ANYONE.

I hate this time of year. It's the time of year where people will say anything to get attention. So and so said this about this player. It's like gossip city. No one really knows anything. I hope the Cards take Murray. That's why they're the Cards. He plays in a system that can not work in the NFL and they hired a subpar college coach. Will he be able to adjust like Mayfield did? IDK but I wouldn't take the chance on him #1 overall. That's just me. All of these QB imo are being overdrafted. None of them to me are 1st rounders. Hope we don't end up overpaying for Jake Locker. 

Just now, Alexa said:

I hope the Cards take Murray. That's why they're the Cards. He plays in a system that can not work in the NFL and they hired a subpar college coach. Will he be able to adjust like Mayfield did? IDK but I wouldn't take the chance on him #1 overall. 

Care to elaborate?

As weird as it may sound I am equally excited for the Giants to get Rosen as I am the Redskins.  Because if the Giants land Rosen, it makes our path easier to get a QB in the draft.  And as much as I like the idea of getting Rosen if it doesn't take a first rounder.  Conversely, he doesn't scare me if he ends up in NY.   I think he's talented but I agree with Cooley (who I think is too harsh on Rosen) that he's somewhat of a project. 

6 hours ago, LightningBuggs said:

How did those become the only 2 options?

There will be free agent quarterbacks available to get through this year.  Next year is looking to be a better qb draft class than this one anyway.

And at worst, Rosen flames out and you wasted yet another high pick on qb position instead of one of the many areas of need.

To me, 2019 is a lost year anyway.  Use the draft picks to fill as many of the other holes as possible, OL, S, pass rusher, etc.  Try to build a base for next year.  Then in '20 go find that franchise qb.

Where do I say those are the only two options? But McCoy IS on the roster so hes right now the ONLY viable starting option we have. 

If we look at what's realistic though given the situation with Smiths cap number we can forget trading for a veteran of any note. Only realistic free agent option that would interest me is Teddy B and he's likely to get offers that are higher than we can really afford to pay another QB. Rosen is a great fit for Gruden's WCO, is very young, would be at LEAST a top 15 pick this year if he has stayed in College for his senior year and has an EXTREMELY team friendly contract.

Worst case if he flames out is we have a capable backup and throw the moon on a stick at a QB high in 2020, which as you note looks on paper to be a stronger class than this years. 

If we have to use a first round pick on Rosen that would make my eyes water a bit - but for say a 2nd round pick I think getting Risen is a get out of jail free card for this franchise. 

Now I am someone who really liked him coming out in the draft - and still do. I think he can be our QB of the future and its very low financial risk to find out.

Archived