Renegade7

Starting QB 2019???

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

Murray gets drafted by the skins= he won't make it in the NFL.

Murray gets drafted by any other team= that team becomes a Superbowl contender.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Code for Rosen rumors?  NFL just talking about the fact that Cards have already paid his $10 mil guarantee.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

Just now, HigSkin said:

Code for Rosen?  NFL just talking about the fact that Cards have already paid his $10 mil guarantee.

Yeah that's what am thinking.   If the Cards put him on the trading block, I bet the Redskin chase him.  I am judging that mostly on what Hoffman said today which is he knows they like him.  But will see. 

• Like 2

That's why I'm in favour of getting two rookies in, assuming we don't trade for a QB. Very favourable contracts. Especially with the Smith deal hanging around.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

That's why I'm in favour of getting two rookies in, assuming we don't trade for a QB. Very favourable contracts. Especially with the Smith deal hanging around.

Maybe one of them could be Trace McSorley and if he doesn't pan out, move him to safety!  😂😂

• Haha 2

I disagree with Keim that you'd have to trade for Tannehill.  I bet the Dolphins release him based on most of what I read here in South Florida.

I've watched a lot of Tannehill including college games.  i am not a fan.  I think he's better though than Colt. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/38207/alex-smiths-uncertain-recovery-makes-redskins-a-qb-wild-card

There will be other quarterbacks available via trade -- Ryan Tannehill perhaps? Tannehill does have fans in the organization but he'd cost a draft pick and cap room. The only way they'd make such a move is by converting base salary into bonus money and spreading it out over a couple years to lessen his hit. Is it worth it, especially not knowing Smith's future?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Maybe one of them could be Trace McSorley and if he doesn't pan out, move him to safety!  😂😂

He actually got compared to Colt McCoy during his 40 run.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

No smoke without fire. Sounds like Rosen is in play.

Yeah Hoffman seems conservative as to throwing things around.  He downplayed the rumors about Flacco and now Brown so it got my attention when he suggested they like Rosen.  I got to listen to that segment again but i think he flat out said he heard they like Rosen.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What station is it when you click on the link he provided in listen here?

Same issue via the NY media-Giants

They can't re-do the 2018 draft, but they could still get one of the quarterbacks from that class, if the Arizona Cardinals put Josh Rosen, the No. 10 overall pick, on the trading block this spring. That certainly seems to be a possibility now, especially after multiple NFL sources told SNY on Friday that they strongly believe the Cardinals are targeting Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the top pick in this year's draft.

And since the Giants heavily scouted the 22-year-old Rosen last year and had some interest in him prior to the draft, they will surely be interested again on at least some level if the Cardinals' asking price is right.

It's all speculation at this point, but several league sources thought the Giants could get Rosen in that scenario without giving up a first-round pick. They'd likely have to part with their second-round pick - 37th overall - and likely something else. But that's a small price to pay for a young quarterback who could lead the franchise for the next 10-15 years.

And that's clearly what Giants GM Dave Gettleman is looking for, with 38-year-old quarterback Eli Manning entering the final year of his contract. Gettleman spoke of his dream to find the Giants their next franchise quarterback and use "the Kansas City model" to have a young player sit behind Manning for a year before he's ready to play.

That led to speculation that he was ready to use the No. 6 overall pick in the draft on a quarterback, but many around the league think the top two quarterbacks in the draft - Murray and Ohio State's Dwayne Haskins - will be off the board by then. The Giants also think they're gearing up for a playoff run this season, so using a Top-10 pick on a player who won't play right away doesn't help them fill their many holes.

Trading for Rosen would allow Gettleman to use the sixth pick on a pass rusher or an offensive lineman, and he could still get the young quarterback he craves and let him develop into Manning's heir.

Rosen does come with some issues, though. Prior to last year's draft, there were many around the league who wondered if he had the personality to handle the spotlight in New York. And word around the league was that the Cardinals were down on him a bit after a rocky rookie season in which he completed just 55.2 percent of his passes for 2,278 yards with 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 14 games.

Perhaps that feeling was coming through a bit when Arizona GM Steve Keim was asked on Wednesday if Rosen was the Cards' quarterback and he answered, "He is right now, for sure."

New Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury, who said last October (when he was the coach at Texas Tech) that Murray should be the No. 1 overall pick in this draft, was much more complimentary about Rosen's abilities.

"He's a tremendous talent," Kingsbury said. "I feel like he got better as the season went on last year. Showed a lot of mental toughness and competitiveness. The talent is obviously there. He's very cerebral and I just like the way he fought at the end of the year through some adverse conditions. He never turned it down. He continued to get up and he continued to fight and compete his tail off until the end."

They could still be willing to get rid of him, though, because the 5-10, 207-pound Murray - who has a meeting scheduled with the Cardinals this week - seems like he'd be a much better fit for Kingsbury's "Air Raid" offense. Rosen, meanwhile, was thought to be the most NFL-ready quarterback in last year's draft - although in the end his season paled in comparison to most of the other first-rounders.

Many quarterbacks - including Manning - have had poor rookie seasons, though, only to go on to stellar careers. And getting a year to sit and learn behind someone like Manning -- instead of Sam Bradford like he did for the first few games last year -- can only help him get ready.

Whether it happens or not depends on how serious the Cards are about Murray, but if they decide to take him then Rosen has to be a quarterback for the Giants to consider, even as they ponder drafting someone like Haskins. Many scouts think the quarterbacks in this year's class rank behind all five of the quarterbacks that went in the first-round last year anyway.

And there's no doubt if the Giants knew last year they could get Barkley and Rosen, they would have absolutely jumped at the chance.

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/josh-rosen-emerging-as-option-for-giants-qb-succession-plan/304628868

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

What station is it when you click on the link he provided in listen here?

Yeah just clicked on it seems like a maze, I'll figure it out and re-listen to it.  

Lots of Rosen quotes of wanting to play in NY... had to do with much higher Jewish population

Not sure he directly said that, however, it may have just been speculation 

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Raiders also sniffing around Rosen. 

Heard that and also someone mention Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Josh Rosen ? Please tell me this is a joke ...... This guy looked so bad last season. What could the Redskins front office possibly see in him ?

Well, he is a better prospect than any QB throwing at this years combine, his salary is paid for for 2019 and his down year was a result of playing for the cardinals and their POS O Line.

• Like 2

Rosen is damaged goods at this point. If the cardinals are trading him to draft murray there is no need to pay a premium for a 1 year qb whose team has already given up on him. 

Stay pat and see what falls to us. 

• Like 1