Renegade7

Starting QB 2019???

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

401 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

    • Alex Smith
      28
    • Colt McCoy
      66
    • Trade for a Veteran
      8
    • Sign a Veteran
      29
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
      65
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
      37
    • Too Early to Answer
      63
    • I don't know yet
      22
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)
      83


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, aspkikn said:

 

So you are saying we can get him without trading up in the first round?¬† ūüėā

 

I imagine so, but that may not be enough to preclude us from taking bold action. 

 

#WeAre

 

The Redskins.

 

rain-tennant.gif?resize=620,341

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 7:44 AM, volsmet said:

 

Tom Brady slaughtered it his sr year, then this guy, yikes.

 

 
    Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
*1979 Pitt Ind   QB 12 130 222 58.6 1680 7.6 6.6 10 9 128.9
*1980 Pitt Ind   QB 12 116 224 51.8 1609 7.2 5.7 15 14 121.7
*1981 Pitt Ind   QB 12 226 380 59.5 2876 7.6 6.8 37 23 143.1
*1982 Pitt Ind   QB 12 221 378 58.5 2432 6.4 4.6 17 23 115.2

Using a guy from 40 years ago after a HC change his SR year, yikes.

Unlike Tom Brady, who posted a 138 rating in his sr year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Some people around the NFL world have us Redskins going after Foles, which would mean we would be spending 40m on QB'S in 2019, personally I would rather we just paid Smith off and go with McCoy, then draft a QB with our first round pick in 2020. 

 

HTTR 

 

I clearly can't prove this, but I would wager that we made a polite inquiry to the Ravens about Flacco. 

 

Interesting that Elway was also in talks the Eagles about Foles, but shipped a 4th for Flacco. Probably realised he couldn't compete with the Jags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An NFL writer for Bleacher Report (so I already know I'm going to hate it) today has suggested we'd trade for Andy Dalton give up a 2nd Round pick.


I wonder if I'm the only here who is about warm to that, as melted marshmallows in cocoa.    Could there be more of a Blah choice than Dalton?  Seriously, I'd rather draft a young guy start Colt/Johnson as trade a draft pick for Dalton.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Dalton just needs a change of scenery.. now that flacco's out of the mix not that there was a mix but I forgot about Dalton/gruden connection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Veretax said:

An NFL writer for Bleacher Report (so I already know I'm going to hate it) today has suggested we'd trade for Andy Dalton give up a 2nd Round pick.


I wonder if I'm the only here who is about warm to that, as melted marshmallows in cocoa.    Could there be more of a Blah choice than Dalton?  Seriously, I'd rather draft a young guy start Colt/Johnson as trade a draft pick for Dalton.

 

Dont think we'd ship a 2nd rounder for a vet  QB like Dalton. I think we would trade a third, our Cousins comp pick, for a QB though.

 

The second rounder might go in a trade to move up from 15 in the draft mind.

 

Must be something going on with the so called brains trust, I mean we were in discussions with Josh Johnson weeks ago....

 

I smell a QB move coming by Bruce Almighty.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

 

Dont think we'd ship a 2nd rounder for a vet  QB like Dalton. I think we would trade a third, our Cousins comp pick, for a QB though.

 

The second rounder might go in a trade to move up from 15 in the draft mind.

 

Must be something going on with the so called brains trust, I mean we were in discussions with Josh Johnson weeks ago....

 

I smell a QB move coming by Bruce Almighty.

 

I thought you couldn't trade complimentary picks?. Pay Smith off and go with McCoy and Johnson. 

 

HTTR 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever happens, whatever stupid move Snyder makes I will take comfort in knowing  I am no longer contributing financially.   Snyder's poorly managed team occupies space in my head rent free but at least I am not paying Snyder a nickle and haven't for years.  For me now Interest in the Skins is like a case of jock itch that can be suppressed but it is tough to kill it off.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

 

Dont think we'd ship a 2nd rounder for a vet  QB like Dalton. I think we would trade a third, our Cousins comp pick, for a QB though.

 

The second rounder might go in a trade to move up from 15 in the draft mind.

 

Must be something going on with the so called brains trust, I mean we were in discussions with Josh Johnson weeks ago....

 

I smell a QB move coming by Bruce Almighty.

 

I would have loved the Dalton over Smith move last year, but not this year. Daltons contract is still in the 15mil range. that would be close to 40mil next year locked up in two average QBs.. just say NO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

I thought you couldn't trade complimentary picks?. Pay Smith off and go with McCoy and Johnson. 

 

HTTR 

You can trade them now. I agree with this scenario except cutting smith gives us a 42 million dollar dead cap hit for this year and I don't think we can absorb that. But I don't see the point in trying to force a qb whether by draft or picking up a rehash. Guice won't be fully healthy until probably halfway through the year and if we do draft a QB we'll absolutely have to draft a WR and sign another one in FA and then it's just too much expected immediate chemistry. Rather just load up on offensive weapons this draft and give whomever we draft next year an array of weapons that'll at least have a year of experience in the NFL and within the system. That's also providing Gruden is back. If not then drafting a QB who will then have to learn a new system in year two doesn't sound so appealing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How about instead of draft or FA, we sign an AAF QB after their season is done... ÔĽŅ

That's a good point. In fact, there's an AAF QB that they have a few ties to out there. They should go ahead and call up Josh Johnson and see if they can work something out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 7:06 PM, Hooper said:

At least Smith was coming off a career year. Flacco has been mediocre at best the past few years.

 

6 years!  I think Baltimore should have paid to get rid of his contract. Otherwise, good point.

 

Teams needs to play hard ball.  I would love to see Philly get stuck with Foles. They will take on risk by tagging Foles and wish teams could cough collude and screw Philly.

Edited by RandyHolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Using a guy from 40 years ago after a HC change his SR year, yikes.

Unlike Tom Brady, who posted a 138 rating in his sr year.

 

Few would refer to Dan Marino as a guy, some as the best QB in nfl history, but few meet your standards. Tommy? 16 tds to 6ints? That’s filthy, bud. Two of the top 5 to ever do it aren’t good enough for my pal, peregrine.

 

Yikes.

 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Maybe Dalton just needs a change of scenery.. now that flacco's out of the mix not that there was a mix but I forgot about Dalton/gruden connection

 

Yes, maybe without Green, Gio, Mixon, Eifert and Boyd he can let loose.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

My money is on a (salary cap friendly) rookie plus existing vets (McCoy / Johnson).

This is exactly what Allen and Gruden probably end up doing.  The big Q will be do they go early (1st or 2nd round) for a QB or later.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NickyJ said:

That's a good point. In fact, there's an AAF QB that they have a few ties to out there. They should go ahead and call up Josh Johnson and see if they can work something out!

 

I assume as soon as FA opens up, he'll be signed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

You can trade them now. I agree with this scenario except cutting smith gives us a 42 million dollar dead cap hit for this year and I don't think we can absorb that. But I don't see the point in trying to force a qb whether by draft or picking up a rehash. Guice won't be fully healthy until probably halfway through the year and if we do draft a QB we'll absolutely have to draft a WR and sign another one in FA and then it's just too much expected immediate chemistry. Rather just load up on offensive weapons this draft and give whomever we draft next year an array of weapons that'll at least have a year of experience in the NFL and within the system. That's also providing Gruden is back. If not then drafting a QB who will then have to learn a new system in year two doesn't sound so appealing.

Good points mate, although I would rather take the 42m Smith cap hit than say trade for a vet QB like Foles who would take our QB cap hit past 42m for 2019 anyway, and we would also still have a 20m plus cap hit for Smith in 2020. But the again we have got that useless **** Allen in charge who will more than likely trade our number 1 pick for Foles and give him a fully guaranteed 120m 3 year contract. 

 

HTTR 

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

I assume as soon as FA opens up, he'll be signed.

We can sign Johnson now he's a free agent. 

 

HTTR 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

We can sign Johnson now he's a free agent. 

 

HTTR 

 

If his contract expires after the 2018 season, don't we have to wait until FA begins to re-sign him, just the same as if it were a FA from a different team ?

Besides that, if we could have re-signed him by now, I'm confident that we would have.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey at least we didn't rush to acquire an old vet during the playoffs like we did last year, so there is that.  Did Bruce even have time to do all of his off season homework before agreeing to that trade?  He probably thought he was the smartest guy in the room, nabbing Smith when he did, while Reid laughed all the way through the Super Bowl.  

 

Heh had Bruce not rushed to trade for Smith, Folies may have been our QB instead after seeing his super bowl win. Bruce would have ponied up a few firsts for that one system fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Hey at least we didn't rush to acquire an old vet during the playoffs like we did last year, so there is that.  Did Bruce even have time to do all of his off season homework before agreeing to that trade?  He probably thought he was the smartest guy in the room, nabbing Smith when he did, while Reid laughed all the way through the Super Bowl.  

 

Heh had Bruce not rushed to trade for Smith, Folies may have been our QB instead after seeing his super bowl win. Bruce would have ponied up a few firsts for that one system fit.

 

Not disagreeing about the trade being lopsided towards KC but i do not remember KC being in the SB. I seem to remember they fell short to the eventual SB winner, just as Reid tends to do. A great regular season coach and not very good PO coach. 

 

It's interesting that Foles has not really done well anywhere but Philly, and really only at the end of the season. 

 

Again, I hope they do not do anything stupid - but they probably will. History isn ot on the side of them being very smart when it counts most. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the way I see it, the team has a few realistic options (Foles is not one of those options).

 

McCoy/Johnson as a duo or McCoy/Johnson + one of the following, or McCoy + one of the following: 

 

Free Agency:

Bridgewater

Fitzpatrick

Ryan Griffin - I've heard him mentioned a few times. 3rd string QB for Tampa last year who the Bucs fans thought might have been their best QB (based on preseason). I don't buy into it, but he'd come cheap and may be worth the flier if they don't want to make a significant investment and can compete with McCoy/Johnson. If he sucks, see ya later. Cheap, too.)

 

Draft:

Drew Lock (if we were to spend a first, which I'm not particularly for)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We won't draft a QB this year...bring in Bridgewater on the cheap give him the nod let Colt and big Johnson fight it out during t camp for the number 2 spot..carry 3 qb's this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.