Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

9 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I understand where you were coming from simply because even twitter news is just hearsay unless it's a direct quote. What Gruden said in that article is actually what ticked me off as a fan because it just seems like past mistakes (RG lll nightmare) are never corrected. Even if he is back by next week, the fact that they even thought that was a good idea is scary. 

When I heard they weren't putting Colt on IR because he had a chance to return and play, I thought WTF? lol...the injury was too serious for that possibility to be considered, and I mean, let's face it...it's Colt McCoy we're talking about lol. I get thinking that if by some insane reason Josh Johnson somehow lead the team to the playoffs, we'd be stuck with Sanchez as his backup, and seeing your #1 and #2 QBs go down with broken legs within weeks of each other would have you realistically wondering what the chances would be of seeing Sanchez on the field in the postseason. But it's still Colt McCoy lol...

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Omg, I'm sooo sorry, jus saw the BR article about us looking to trade into top 5.  Insanity ensues.

Just when we didn't think it could get any worse. I had heard they were trying to move up to 3. If it took another two firsts and a second to go from 6 to 2 What would the cost be to move to three? For this guy???

10 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Who are we so in love with we would do such a thing ? Don't tell me Dwayne Haskins ?! At 15 ok but trading up HELL NO!

Believe it or not, that's where I'm at.  Take a pass rusher if he doesnt fall, holy ****, man.

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Just when we didn't think it could get any worse. I had heard they were trying to move up to 3. If it took another two firsts and a second to go from 6 to 2 What would the cost be to move to three? For this guy???

The math was about what I put in April fools thread, but no way we have balls to trade CT and Reed.  He will be worth it long run, but damn, no doubt Colt procedure is forcing this.

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not if traded Kirk for a draft pick, while he still had value.

Ok, we'd have traded the kirk pick and the rest for Dalton instead of Alex and went 7-9 evey year anyway. 

Trying to imagine a scenario where Bruce isn't gonna Bruce if he didn't already Bruce is kinda hilarious though.

17 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

What about trading up to 3 and then trade it to Arizona for Josh Rosen? 

Sounds like a good plan to me.

4 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Watch out for Derek Carr... sleeper name from Jay's brother. I could see the Raiders going Murray if AZ doesn't pick him.

While I agree with the possibility of that happening I don't see it even possible from a salary Cap standpoint. Alex and Derek way too cost prohibitive.

7 minutes ago, Alexa said:

can't wait until the draft is over so we don't have to listen to all this bs. so tired of the stupid ass rumors we hear pre draft. the draft has become a mini super bowl

Atleast we get to participate in the mini super bowl 😁

On 4/5/2019 at 11:12 AM, hogdirty said:

I believe all these rumors are from Arizona to get the NYG to give up their #17 pick. 

As far as Rosen going to the Redskins, I don't see the Skins trading for Rosen at all.  In fact if the Redskins trade for Rosen I want The ES Moderators to ban me for 30 days because I'm willing to bet it won't happen 😁

Just got back from the Draft Party (which was fun) and I'm still here because I was right.  I don't know what ARZ will do with that guy but who cares because they suck.  I'm so pumped for the Haskins pick I liked Murrays talent but I believe Haskins fits this team perfectly.

Also I like the Sweat pick.  I like Ryan Anderson but I understand the pick for Sweat because I think he will be more effective when the Skins go into 4 down linemen in the nickel package.  They needed a replacement for Smith in that position.

Many of us want to see Haskins sit and learn for the good of his own development. 

Set aside any conspiracy theories about Dan or Bruce forcing Jay to start him.

Jay straight up said tonight that as the 15th overall pick, Haskins would be given the chance to compete for the starting job.

So we need to start considering that Haskins might just already be better than Keenum and Colt and will outright win the starting spot. On the one hand, obviously we hope he's better than these guys, it would be a good sign right out the gate. On the other, it feels like it would be less than ideal for his development and potentially his health. 

But given what a film rat he is and how smart he is, and the limitations of the vets' arms i  comparison to his, it's possible he just outright takes the starting spot, since he's being allowed to compete. Which should fuel the QB room's competitiveness, at least. 

I'm just saying those of us who wish he'd sit in a potential lame duck year need to get used to the idea that he maybe won't--and not because Snyder or Allen force it. Because he earns it. 

The Cardinals screwed themselves so bad.  They could have possibly had two first rounders tonight or 2 second rounders tomorrow night, but they were trying to be cute.  Then you still have Lock and Grier that will most likely get drafted tomorrow night .  The Cardz will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick now.  That is really bad considering Josh Rosen was a top 10 pick last draft. Now, they are doing media control and saying they are comfortable keeping both  Qb's which is some BS ass lies.

This team has playoff potential, and I don't think they are going to put that at risk, by putting Game 1 in the hands of a rookie, regardless of draft position, if he's not totally ready. He's still got to prove himself at an NFL level.

Of course he's going to compete for the starting spot off the bat, for sure, but it's not going to be easily or hastily handed to him.

I'm inclined to think by mid-season he earns it, unless something extraordinarily positive or negative happens.

21 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

What about trading up to 3 and then trade it to Arizona for Josh Rosen? 

Sounds like a good plan to me.

I'm not sure if you were serious, and my post is not related to their actual pick of Haskins, but not a chance Rosen's value was the 3rd pick in the draft. 

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Many of us want to see Haskins sit and learn for the good of his own development. 

Set aside any conspiracy theories about Dan or Bruce forcing Jay to start him.

Jay straight up said tonight that as the 15th overall pick, Haskins would be given the chance to compete for the starting job.

So we need to start considering that Haskins might just already be better than Keenum and Colt and will outright win the starting spot. On the one hand, obviously we hope he's better than these guys, it would be a good sign right out the gate. On the other, it feels like it would be less than ideal for his development and potentially his health. 

But given what a film rat he is and how smart he is, and the limitations of the vets' arms i  comparison to his, it's possible he just outright takes the starting spot, since he's being allowed to compete. Which should fuel the QB room's competitiveness, at least. 

I'm just saying those of us who wish he'd sit in a potential lame duck year need to get used to the idea that he maybe won't--and not because Snyder or Allen force it. Because he earns it. 

I agree with you.   Haskins has been competing against top talent, he is already further along in his development than many rookie QBs despite only playing 1 season.   He does not look like a rookie who will need a year of development to beat out the likes of Case Keenum and Colt McCoy but even if he does at least hope has been restored.    

4 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Colt will start the first 3 games, get injured and replaced by Case Keenum. After the Skins go 3-9, Snyder will push to have Haskins finish the season.

Which would be dumb because we wouldn't have anything to play for except getting a lower draft pick.  Of course, that means it's exactly what we will do. 

Archived