Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

17 hours ago, Jericho said:

I don't even understand the rumor. There's little chance Haskins gets picked before #6 at best. Why not just trade for #5? Is Tampa really not going to do a deal? Haskins is a good prospect, but a risky one. No one should trade up to #3 for him. No one.

My apologies.

30 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

If this is accurate then it raise a major red flag around Haskins, over involved parents with their own agenda are never a good thing;

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/04/heres-the-strange-conversation-i-had-with-dawyne-haskins-father-before-he-hung-up-on-me.html

His dad seems incredibly protective.  There are worse things. And certainly Haskins comes off as having a good head on his shoulders when interviewed. The microscope these players are under gets more insane every year. Man, when I think about myself at 22? Now add millions of dollars, fame, social media, etc... I would have flamed out quick.

I think the big concern is that from the article it makes it seem as though his Dad wants to control aspects of his career and that did not work well with a certain first round QB in Washington a few years ago and it was also an issue for the Giants with Eli Apple and his mom.  I am honestly cool on all of these prospects and would rather fill other spots on the roster but if we go QB I at least hope we get one by staying out or trading back, if we move up for these guys I am going to start throwing stuff.

6 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

One thing to remember is that every year QB’s end up being a hot commodity at draft time. Look at a guy like Trubisky. He went from a borderline first rounder to the #2 pick. Teams are desperate for a franchise qb and will do what it takes to get one. Redskins are no different. 

I guess. Trubisky is a great example. But still, I've heard no rumblings of anyone wanting to trade up for Haskins. In fact, it's gone the opposite way where all the rumblings are about Haskins falling. And I've seen no suggestion that Haskins would go any earlier than #6 to NY. And even that is pretty suspect. So I really don't get the idea that any team should pay a king's random to trade up to #3. It's like going to an auction and bidding a million dollars on an item everyone else is bidding in the thousands on. Just seems crazy.

And you're right, teams can go crazy for QBs. While teams are desperate for a franchise QB, it's usually the bad teams that go crazy. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. San Diego got Brees at #32 after trading out of #1 and getting Tomlinson. Ben Roethlisberger slid all the way to #11 despite widely being consider a top 7 player  in his draft (and almost universally better like than Rivers). Rodgers slid all the way to #24. And yet teams fought over trading up to get the likes of Mark Sanchez, Ryan Leaf, and Paxton Lynch. I really hope this team doesn't make a dumb move (again), but it seems inevitable

I'm more in favor of Rosen than Haskins simply because of what it would cost. I had my hopes on an edge rusher coming from the first especially with Foster not being suspended and our ILB being addressed already through that. I wouldn't mind a Derwin or Sweat but there are some good options to make us a feared defense this year in the first. After that we can address WR, OL, and QB with our 2nd day picks. That's either Rosen or Grier for me. 

I don't know what the Skins are going to do, but I'm sure what ever they do it will be wrong. 

Personally trading up would be the worse move. If a QB falls to the Skins or we have a chance to get Rosen that's the route I would go. This team isn't a rookie QB away from winning the Superbowl. I'm sure the Skins will have a chance to draft another QB next year.

All I know is that when Snyder is involved it usually results in the wrong move. Something in my gut tells me that Snyder really wants Haskins. We all know how much he loved RG and how lukewarm he was about Cousins. 

The other issue is that if Snyder backs off I don’t trust Bruce on his decision making and who knows if Doug is any good as a talent evaluator. Like some have said I hope we just get Rosen. He wouldn’t cost much and we could still get a Metcalf in the first round. Let him start for the entire year especially considering Colt had to get another surgery on his leg. If he isn’t the answer then we can go after qb next year.  

5 hours ago, Peregrine said:

How bad is our training staff?  Not only do we suffer massive injuries every season, but both our QBs have now had 2nd surgeries due to not healing well enough.

I would definitely say it's very concerning... All of the injuries each year players having to have consecutive surgeries DeSean Jackson's freak accident on the sideline at training camp Jordan Reed always injured.. I mean the list goes on but yeah it's definitely concerning

Son of a ****... Not only do I now see the chances of the Skins drafting a QB in the first round but now I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull a 2012 thing.

9 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Redskins tried to rush Colt McCoy back and it delayed the recovery process and made things worse. This front office is a disgrace 

They did, but this third procedure was very minor in context

22 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Colt was going to get the boot for the 3.5 mil savings anyways.

2mil is fully guaranteed 

9 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

BOLD PREDICTION: We get Rosen for 3rd (2019) and 5th (2020). 

That would do me. If the Cards hold on too long, it may be less.

I wouldn't mind the Rosen stuff, but I also wouldn't mind just about any young QB getting a shot at QB here next year. We have Woodrum on our roster right now so he's the guy I'm rooting for to come in and beat out Case. I doubt he even makes the roster but hopefully he can show Jay that he has "it". 

Man. I dont even know what we’ll do at QB. Just so unpredictable. Id be happy with Dwayne Haskins at any price, since it’s not my money, and I’ll root for him to succeed here. I’ll be happy with josh Rosen too. I’d be happy with rolling with Keenum and seeing if he can do here what he did in Minnesota in 2017. 

Whatever gets us to the playoffs. 

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Man. I dont even know what we’ll do at QB. Just so unpredictable.

That's exactly the way is should be.

I don't want my team's draft plans so obvious that even fans all over message boards know what's going to happen.

Because if that's true, then obviously every one of their competitors knows what the Redskins are going to do, as well.

And that's not good at all.

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What did the FO do to make Colt's injury recovery worse?..."Tried to rush him back" doesn't really answer that.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/colt-mccoy-not-redskins-otas-he-recovers-another-leg-procedure-source

I mean, it's all in here essentially. People come up with different conclusions after they've connected the dots, but what I get from this is that he was rushed back and it was the reason why he had this recent procedure. It's bush league to do that in hopes of fighting for a playoff spot at 6-7. 

9 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/colt-mccoy-not-redskins-otas-he-recovers-another-leg-procedure-source

I mean, it's all in here essentially. People come up with different conclusions after they've connected the dots, but what I get from this is that he was rushed back and it was the reason why he had this recent procedure. It's bush league to do that in hopes of fighting for a playoff spot at 6-7. 

Yeah, rushing Colt back at the end of last season was not a smart move, even without delaying the recovery (I had not read that article until now). I don't think this recent procedure is due to rushing him back, though, especially since the article says he could be back next week.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yeah, rushing Colt back at the end of last season was not a smart move, even without delaying the recovery (I had not read that article until now). I don't think this recent procedure is due to rushing him back, though, especially since the article says he could be back next week.

I understand where you were coming from simply because even twitter news is just hearsay unless it's a direct quote. What Gruden said in that article is actually what ticked me off as a fan because it just seems like past mistakes (RG lll nightmare) are never corrected. Even if he is back by next week, the fact that they even thought that was a good idea is scary. 

Archived