Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

I like Kyler a lot.  Still I don't want to trade a kings random to trade up.  Likewise I don't want to see him on the Giants.  And while I am not as enamored as some here are with Rosen, I still like the idea of trading for him if it doesn't cost a first.  So hopefully these stories are pure smoke.   What has me a little concerned is the meeting this week with Kyler.  And the dude that worries me is Dan.  Dan can fall hard for QBs.  Often the wrong Qbs. 

Still think the Raiders are a key player in the QB sweepstakes, If Murray doesnt head to Arizona then I reckon the Raiders make the move for him.

Coincidentally I think they could also be a player for Rosen if he hits the market in a scenario where Murray does go to the Cards.

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rereading Jay's quote which is in an article today.  Feels like they won't use a first on a QB.

https://www.richmond.com/sports/redskins/as-college-quarterbacks-cycle-through-redskins-park-here-s-what/article_2b5d5a10-e937-546b-864c-eb037d7d4809.html

"Drew could come compete right now," Gruden said. "But ideally when you have a guy who only played one year (like Haskins), you’d like to have him sit a little bit to get him used to it, not to say he couldn’t play – I’m sure he could come in and compete.

"If you take a guy like Haskins or whoever else, Lock or [West Virginia's Will Grier] or whoever else in this draft at 15, you would expect them to compete.

Gruden was clear that for a first-round pick, he expects immediate production.

I wish he mentioned Jones negatively here. 

I wouldn't be upset with Carr if not costly acquiring him.

I still worry Dalton comes into play on draft day. With that they looked into speedster John Ross, possible package that I am not a fan of but filling two needs.

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

I wish he mentioned Jones negatively here. 

I wouldn't be upset with Carr if not costly acquiring him.

I still worry Dalton comes into play on draft day. With that they looked into speedster John Ross, possible package that I am not a fan of but filling two needs.

I hear you but I don't see how they could pay Dalton with Smith, Keenum and Colt on the books. You'd have to assume one of them would be in the deal? Ross would be a nice gamble for us if we could get him somewhat cheap...Plus, how many guys can we go after without looking like a team with no plan? Keenum is a good one year plan as long as we have a plan to get a young top tier prospect either this year or next. Dalton is no better than Case in my opinion. But I understand your fears...I just don't think Jay has any say in whether they get Dalton and why would anyone in the front office want to go after him?

8 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Hey guys, without getting into all the details of what i read , i just want to throw a name out there,  Derek Carr, GO ?

If he's free, sure. I saw an ESPN article referencing potential re-draft of one pick over the last 5 years by each team (http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/26473482/nfl-draft-do-overs-let-re-pick-fix-mistakes-all-32-teams) and a couple actually changed their pick to Derek Carr. And I'm thinking why? Sure, Carr has been okay. But the Raiders are not good and seem fine moving on from Carr. And he's getting paid a fair amount to be pretty meh. Don't really want to spend $20 million dollars to get the 23rd best QB in the NFL

Context is everything though.  They may like Jones more than Lock but if they really don't like Lock then they may still not want Jones in the first round.  FWIW there has been quite a lot of talk about other teams liking Jones a lot more than the draft pundits, he could well be off the board in the top 10 and I certainly do not see the Skins trading up for him.

There was absolutely no chance Seattle would let Wilson hit the market, or trade him to NY. John Schneider would be fired immediately just for mentioning such madness. Pete Carroll would have guided him out on his private yacht, ate all the reserve caviar, left a note saying how disappointed he was in him, and left him out at sea 1000 km from nowhere in the middle of a hurricane.

Jones is a horrible prospect, but to be fair with the possible exception of Murray every QB in this draft is a horrible prospect.  Rosen is worth a look if the price is right but otherwise I would build the rest of the roster and roll with Case as our starter for this year.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sadly this is an exchange from Keim that's about one source telling him from the FO that they like Daniel Jones better than Lock.  I won't die on a hill for Lock.  I like Lock but far from love him.  But I really really don't want Daniel Jones. 

Not buying it. Jay and Co. clearly have eyes on defense at 15. Again, Jay himself has mentioned the importance of hitting on a good player in the 1st and not reaching on a 2nd/3rd round QB prospect just because of the position. 

That basically translates to ..."No, we wont reach to take Jones". And I dont see Snyder, Bruce, etc. pushing for it either given Jones's limitations.

2 hours ago, pcbothwel said:

Not buying it. Jay and Co. clearly have eyes on defense at 15. Again, Jay himself has mentioned the importance of hitting on a good player in the 1st and not reaching on a 2nd/3rd round QB prospect just because of the position. 

That basically translates to ..."No, we wont reach to take Jones". And I dont see Snyder, Bruce, etc. pushing for it either given Jones's limitations.

One of the scenarios I heard mentioned by a couple of the beat guys is trade down, gain a pick, and take Jones.  I hope not.  If the latest buzz about Jones is correct they won't have the opportunity though to do that.  Having said that Keim wasn't saying there they'd take Jones at 15 but that they like him better than Lock.

On another note, the media both local and national crying for the Redskins to give up a first for Rosen is getting a bit annoying for me.  the Arizona beat guys have said as others that the Cards don't even expect to get a first rounder.  But it seems like for many reporters including some who cover our team that they are just in love with the idea of the Redskins giving up their first.  

They are off on the theory that since Rosen in their eyes would be a highly rated QB among the current crop that he would be worth to them a first rounder so why not give a first rounder.  Even if I ran with their logic if the market at the moment isn't a first rounder why just give the Cards a first rounder?    But if the Redskins did that it would make many in the media really really happy for some reason. 😀  Standig just went on 106.7 pushing the idea.  But that's not the first I've heard it.

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't listened to this podcast yet.  But that's pretty wild if true.  So I'll check it out shortly

Never mind, its just speculation

Actually I think what Sheehan and Loverro were speculating on (and to be fair, they specifically stated that this was nothing more than a possibility), was that Rosen may be the type of person who has a strong aversion to the (potentially offensive) team name of Redskins.  They also have said repeatedly that they feel that this subject of the team name has come up in the past with regards to potential free agents as well.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Hopefully it means that Rosen and Skins are in talks and are closing in on a deal.  :)  

It's funny for me because I like but don't love Rosen.  But I ideally want them to come up with a young QB this year and so scared of them using the first rounder on one or even worse trading up for one -- that am getting antsy myself about trading for Rosen.  I want it to go down as long as its not for a first.

50 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Actually I think what Sheehan and Loverro were speculating on (and to be fair, they specifically stated that this was nothing more than a possibility), was that Rosen may be the type of person who has a strong aversion to the (potentially offensive) team name of Redskins.  They also have said repeatedly that they feel that this subject of the team name has come up in the past with regards to potential free agents as well.

Yeah I posted right below that the same person said it was speculation.  I don't care about Sheehan's speculation so that put me at ease. 

2 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

YA..perfect sense. A QB on the outs with a club that chose him 1st round after 1 year and deemed "unfit/expendable" is going to pass on a club trading for him as a starter (redemption) because he doen't like the "Name".

That kind of speculation is self aggrandizing at best...and at worst falsely portrays a culture's perspective to cause division IMHO

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html?utm_term=.b43e0362ff66

4 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Obvious because they think we’re stupid or somthin?

No chance we trade the 15 for Rosen. 

I agree. I said it earlier in one of these threads, for what it's worth, Charlie Weiss on his radio show said he'd be surprised if Arizona got a #3 round pick for Rosen and that no one will give up a 2 let alone a #1. He is not high on Rosen but admitted that some in the league who are as smart or smarter than he like Rosen. 

4 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Obvious because they think we’re stupid or somthin?

No chance we trade the 15 for Rosen. 

Yeah, it's kind of funny. Also these quotes about how the Redskins should trade the 15 for Rosen. If that's such a good deal, why aren't other teams doing it? Why not Miami at 13? Giants at 17? Hell even the Titans at 19 have to be in the discussion if this is such a "great deal". I don't really see why anyone should trade a first rounder for Rosen. Doesn't mean someone won't, but I don't see the allure here...

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Yeah, it's kind of funny. Also these quotes about how the Redskins should trade the 15 for Rosen. If that's such a good deal, why aren't other teams doing it? Why not Miami at 13? Giants at 17? Hell even the Titans at 19 have to be in the discussion if this is such a "great deal". I don't really see why anyone should trade a first rounder for Rosen. Doesn't mean someone won't, but I don't see the allure here...

I'd trade away number 15 for rosen if we got the Cardinals second round pick

Saw a tweet from one of the local media guys (John Keim maybe?) that said Kyler Murray is sick which might’ve been the reason for canceling the visit to the redskins, plus the redskins feel like a visit with him isn’t EXACTLY necessary, since they like him enough without him having to visit (or something to that effect). 

With that being said, i bet Arizona drafts him. 

Archived