Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

20 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

#15 for Rosen and their #33 pick is my trade.

Maybe a conditional 2020 mid round pick to see in through.

Would love to get Rosen and still have four picks on day two of the draft.

Charlie Weis on the morning show (Sirius NFL Network) said he'd be surprised if anyone offered a 2nd round pick for Rosen and don't believe any reports you hear where someone has already offered a 2nd. He dismissed that rumor as total crap. There are red flags with Rosen, if there weren't then Arizona wouldn't be dealing him. 

I'm thinking we can get a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round this year or get one on day 3 and roll with Case and Colt then grab a QB next year. 

43 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Obviously need to hear it from more sources before I can count on it.

Yeah am wary of random dudes on twitter all of a sudden saying they are hearing stuff.  The Stevedraft guy out of the blue did it like crazy during FA.  I was able to figure out most of the stuff he was coming up with tweets he repackaged from IB Incarcerated on twitter.  Almost all of it ended up dead wrong. 

A lot of what these guys do is come up with things that are believable and say they heard it.  The idea for example that the Redskins are willing to outbid any other team for Rosen -- that's intuitive.  As i've been saying on this thread its clear as heck that Bruce is a tough negotiator when it comes to money and FA but when it comes to giving up things in a trade not so much -- Bruce seems willing to outbid whomever (to a fault IMO) and get his man. 

Either that or its Dan really pushing things.  But yeah Dan-Bruce-Vinny are really good at winning auctions for players when it involves draft picks and where money isn't a major factor.    

Would it be over the top to suggest we could trade for Rosen and draft a mid round QB. Due diligence or not, there seems a hell of a lot going on at a QB.

I mean Gruden struggles to carry more than 2 on the roster, plus we've have Keenum and McCoy, but this sure is hard to figure out this year.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Either that or its Dan really pushing things.  But yeah Dan-Bruce-Vinny are really good at winning auctions for players when it involves draft picks and where money isn't a major factor.    

Trading for Rosen saves paying a 10mil rookie signing bonus and his remaining contract sure does help offset the millions Smith is still due.

All Pro Analytics (yes, the same account that said two weeks ago we were close to a deal to trade for Stefon Diggs) tweeted that he’s hearing the Cardinals and skins are close to a deal for Rosen. Offer currently is we receive Rosen, cards get our 2nd rounder, and 2020 3rd rounder. 

Based on that whole stefon diggs thing he tweeted a couple weeks ago, I’m not believing him unless i hear from a more credible source. 

9 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Charlie Weis on the morning show (Sirius NFL Network) said he'd be surprised if anyone offered a 2nd round pick for Rosen and don't believe any reports you hear where someone has already offered a 2nd. He dismissed that rumor as total crap. There are red flags with Rosen, if there weren't then Arizona wouldn't be dealing him. 

I'm thinking we can get a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round this year or get one on day 3 and roll with Case and Colt then grab a QB next year. 

Charlie is wrong.

6 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

The QBs absolutely suck this year in the mid rounds. Give me Rosen any day over them.

Rosen over Haskins all day.

This is another random dude on twitter.   But if that happens to be the compensation I am cool with it.  That would be similar to the McNabb trade compensation wise. 

My fav QB right now by a mile is Murray but acquiring him isn't going to happen.  So if I had to pick who I'd want left it would be Lock and then Rosen.  Both to me are boom-bust prospects with Lock having the higher ceiling and Rosen having the higher floor.  If they can acquire either one without giving up the store for them, I am cool with it.  

I think we're getting fleeced giving up #15 given we lose a year of his contact and he didn't light the place up in his first year. I am however very worried if we pass on Rosen that we'll force a QB at #15 instead and take a Lock for example who imo isnt good at all and an even bigger overpay. 

I loved Rosen coming out last year and had him and Darnold pretty much neck and neck behind Mayfield for my top 3. Think Rosen is probably better than any QB in the draft this year personally. 

So if we did give up #15 I could probably talk myself into it being an ok deal. I do think Kevin Sheehan is right though that if there's one thing Bruce is decent at it's finding value through haggling. I reckon we give a 2nd and a 4th or something like that which I'd be ecstatic with. 

15 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

So if we did give up #15 I could probably talk myself into it being an ok deal. I do think Kevin Sheehan is right though that if there's one thing Bruce is decent at it's finding value through haggling. I reckon we give a 2nd and a 4th or something like that which I'd be ecstatic with. 

Bruce is a big time haggler with FA and contracts.  But as for trades, he tends to get his man by simply giving up more than other teams.  As I've been saying he's a totally different dude as a negotiator or so it seems when it comes to FA versus trades.  That's why I wonder if Dan gets involved with a whatever it takes mode as to trades.  

Dan's fascination seems to be QBs.  So it wouldn't shock me if Dan is involved in this.  Getting Brunell, Campbell, RG3, A. Smith all involved trades.  They chased Sanchez and Cutler too but on those counts they got outbid.  On Cutler apparently it wasn't so much they were outbid but Denver liked Orton better than Campbell.  So the only time I can recall Dan getting outbid for a QB outright was Sanchez.

Hopefully, this time if they do it, Dan gets it right.  The others didn't end up so hot.  I am ok with this as long as they don't give up a first. 

If the Cards are stuck on getting a first somehow out of the deal, what about a trade like this for Rosen???

Skins get: Rosen and the Card's 2019 2nd round pick, (pick #33 essentially a low first).

Cards get: The Skins 2020 first round pick and a 2019 3rd round pick, (pick #97).

Why would the Skins want to adopt a guy the Cards just drafted and want to get rid of in favor of drafting another can't miss guy in the first round?  I don't get it.  I know the Cards had a tough year and Rosen was thrown to the wolves so I'm not really dogging on Rosen but I just got to question what they are not seeing in Rosen.

@Veryoldschool actually pretty simple. The Cardinals are a perfect storm for this situation. If you listen to BRs Matt Miller he makes it simple. Kinsbury loves Kyler. Recruited him hard to TT. Thinks he’s perfect for his system. And he’s been brought in and given the keys and has a chance to get “his perfect guy” ... it has much more to do with Kingsbury + Kyler than Rosen, per se. 

would be a perfect storm for Washington. Hitting the lottery really, if we can get him for a 2. 

I threw this out earlier @skins2victory but I was thinking we send 15 and they send Rosen and 65. Same kind of concept you’re getting at 

34 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

If the Cards are stuck on getting a first somehow out of the deal, what about a trade like this for Rosen???

Skins get: Rosen and the Card's 2019 2nd round pick, (pick #33 essentially a low first).

Cards get: The Skins 2020 first round pick and a 2019 3rd round pick, (pick #97).

I would really REALLY like something like this..

To get Rosen, still have the #15 pick, and there second rnd pick has a nice ring to it

16 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

If we trade for Rosen, is he automatically the starter?  

Yes, definitely.  He started last year, and if they're serious about winning, they would announce Rosen as he starter prior to camp.  Not to slight Keenum, but everyone knows that he's here as insurance once we get Rosen.  The odd man out might be McCoy.  Jay hates carrying 3 QB's, so Colt might find himself cut.  You don't get Rosen to then have him sit behind Keenum.  Rosen will easily win the QB battle at camp.

Archived