Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's stop pretending that the NFL isn't fixed (Josh Norman holding call)

normal_gymnasium

If you dont think every other fanbase in the league is saying the same thing today you are fooling yourself. Bad calls happen. From little league all the way to the NFL. You just have to hope that the bad calls even out eventually over the course of a season. And they usually do. We have had our fair share of good luck this season so far with missed fieldgoals and calls that have gone our way.  

30 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If you dont think every other fanbase in the league is saying the same thing today you are fooling yourself. Bad calls happen. From little league all the way to the NFL. You just have to hope that the bad calls even out eventually over the course of a season. And they usually do. We have had our fair share of good luck this season so far with missed fieldgoals and calls that have gone our way.  

Bad call happens, but usually not in consecutive drives under the same circumstances with the same ref making completely opposite decisions... throwing the flag in one case when there was no/minimal contact with no pass in the vicinity and none when there was egregious contact from two players before the ball arrived. 

I think that's the most galling aspect. The bad calls that came went in opposite directions came from the same individual. Even worse, said individual official had the advantage of replay to see that he blew the call against the Redskins and still decided to hold his flag during Doctson's mugging. That makes it worse than a bad call, but something that smells an awful lot like a conscious choice. 

The foul on Doctson was a call that should be flagged 100/100 times. It wasn't close to a noncall. Norman's play was not a penalty, did not impact the receiver's route running availability, or the play in any respect.

12 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Fixed or not, that call was incredible bull****.

Both of them. The Personal Foul for the hit on Watson was too (though that one is more understandable given how it feels that almost any hit on a QB is a penalty these days)

Every team gets bad calls [ well except the Patriots ] but the players shouldn't be putting themselves in that situation.

Its not really about bad calls, its about bad discipline.

When the Texans got that pick 6, the defense went to the endzone acting like fools, thinking they're bad asses when they just look stupid.

Sad part was the Redskins went and did the same damn thing later. The difference was they couldn't back it up when it was needed most. That's whats known as an ego check. They just HAD to go copy them. I shook my head because I knew they would not win.

Just now, skins island connection said:

Every team gets bad calls [ well except the Patriots ] but the players shouldn't be putting themselves in that situation.

That's a cop out. What did Norman do that he should not have done? It was a phantom call. The only way Norman could not have put himself in that position is if he dropped coverage and walked to the sideline.

21 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

The ball hit the ground clearly..should have been an incomplete pass..go ahead and Google it..it's worth a Google

It wasn’t clear enough to overturn whatever they called the balled looked like it could have hit the ground but then  you see one of our guys arms just under it 

3 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Its not really about bad calls, its about bad discipline.

When the Texans got that pick 6, the defense went to the endzone acting like fools, thinking they're bad asses when they just look stupid.

Sad part was the Redskins went and did the same damn thing later. The difference was they couldn't back it up when it was needed most. That's whats known as an ego check. They just HAD to go copy them. I shook my head because I knew they would not win.

You didn’t know squat skins came within 5 yards of winning that game had it been 23-7 then I could maybe believe you that that you “knew they would not win” but no they came up only 5 yards short...

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

It wasn’t clear enough to overturn whatever they called the balled looked like it could have hit the ground but then  you see one of our guys arms just under it 

My fear was that because it was called a catch, fumble and recovery it would be have been reversed to an incomplete pass. I could have lived with that as the call. It was either an incomplete pass or an interception. It wasn't a fumble recovery.

Still, the nonreversal was probably the correct way to go because you can't see if the ball ever hit the ground. The refs just worded their ruling  badly.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Again, a lot of refs suck.  That crew yesterday was a real pile of dung.  For sixty minutes.  It’s not rigged.

Then the NFL ought to do something about it. Add an extra two challenges so coaches can challenge any ref's call or perhaps even a non call. There are so many times, the camera shows a clear foul or worse, a clear absence of a foul. Let's get the game right because losing a game because the refs screw a team, whether it's because they are working for the mob, are just incompetent, are suffer from being human are all bad.

I personally believe that refs suffer from bias. I don't know that equals "rigged." It probably doesn't, but it does equal giving certain teams more benefit of the doubt or looking the other way for teams or players for various unconscious or semiconscious reasons.

Watson didn't rate a roughing the QB foul because the hit was late, or because it was a high or low hit, he wasn't even landed on with the full weight of the lineman. Now, I think that call was made because refs get a little overworked about this emphasis on protecting the QB. That's not rigged. It is looking through a biased lens. Were they more likely to pull the flag because Watson is a rising star? Maybe.

Was the PI against Doctson not called by the same ref who flagged Norman called because of bias? I think so. Were they wrong calls? Should we upset about wrong calls?

Refs won the game for Tennessee yesterday by swallowing the whistle on one end of the field and calling the game in the tickiest, tackiest way on the other. That's wrong. There's nothing wrong with calling out wrong and demanding better.

The problem is, most people are afraid to criticize the refs. Most people are afraid of demanding better.

At least four major ref questions this week.

* Once again, a hyperpicky free first down on a defensive holding goes in Dallas' favor

* Much more egregious hold which clearly impacts Harris' route and speed. Not called.

* Really obvious 1st quarter face mask which could not possibly have been missed by the refs. Uncalled.

*Really obvious helmet to helmet hit not possibly missed.. Uncalled.

These weren't the deciding calls in the game, but they sure were important game changers.

Edit: Last week, we got an apology from the refs apologizing that they stole the game from us. This week's apologies will ring just as hollow.

I watch a lot of football and I do think we've had bad luck in regard to officiating.

Last week it cost us a game. This week I think we would've lost anyways. 

We need to play a higher tempo offensive game. Those teams that do so seem to get away without a lot more, I think it's because the refs have to process information quicker and don't have time for ticky tack bs. 

Our pass rushers are pretty bad at selling the holds and our receivers are worse. Those things need to be worked on. 

Above all though, this team needs to take advantage of scenarios that aren't ****ed by the refs. Even in badly officiated games, there are several times where better performance can lead us to a win. Make a ****ing play and win your matchup. This is on the players but more so the coaches for not adressing such after the pattern continues to repeat itself.  

We don't do that though and because of it we will always be a scrub team. 

And btw, the Cowboys suck and are trashcans as well; they suffer from similar problems. 

We gave them so many opportunities to blow us out of the water and they actually let us hang around. 

4 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Norman is trash and should not be making 16 mil a year..such a waste of cap space for such **** play.

It was Moreau and Dunbar who were giving up the big, game-deciding plays.

Anyway, this is isn't about them or any players. This thread is about the refs.

So unless we can find some way that the refs conspired to cause our secondary to play poorly, then...

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It was Moreau and Dunbar who were giving up the big, game-deciding plays.

Anyway, this is isn't about them or any players. This thread is about the refs.

So unless we can find some way that the refs conspired to cause our secondary to play poorly, then...

We lost and it sucks so bad.  But I can't get on Dunbar.  He really shouldn't have been out there.  And if it was obvious to me at home, that he shouldn't be out there.  The coaches and training staff should have known it too. smh.  He tried his best.  And an injured Dunbar is probably playing better at corner right now, than even a healthy third or fourth option at CB.

24 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

I said it on the prediction thread.  If the refs allow us to compete.  They didn't, simply put this league wants the cowboys on the postseason.  And if you say no way then we have had horrible refs now two games in a row.  What are the chances of that?

Yeah, and the league will probably get away with putting the Cowboys in the postseason.  They are tricky, they even call more penalties on Dallas (for more yards and first downs) than they do on the Cowboys' opponents.  Just trying to hide their obvious pro Dallas bias.

Archived