Sign in to follow this  
hail2skins

Next win will be #600 for Redskins

Was reading TK's blog entry about how the Redskins next regular season win will be their 600th, and it included the other milestone (100, 200, 300, 400, 500) wins. Thought it would be interesting to see how long it relatively took to get those wins......figures below are approximate:

100 wins took roughly 16 seasons (1932-1947), when the average length of a season over that time was 11 games. So the average record was 6.25-4.75

Next 100 wins took roughly 21.5 seasons (1948 thru mid-1969) when the average length of a season was 13.1 games. Average record over that time was 4.6-8.5

Next 100 wins took roughly 11.5 seasons (mid-1969 thru 1980) when the average length of a season was 14.5 games. Average record was 8.7-5.8

Next 100 wins took 9.5 seasons (1981-1990). All 16 game seasons by then. Average record 10.5-5.5

Next 100 wins took 13 seasons (1991-2003; got #500 in early 2004), average record 7.7-8.3

To get from 501-600, it'll be 14.5 seasons.  Average record over that time will be 6.9-9.1.

So a win tomorrow will already beat what we've averaged over the past decade and a half!

Edit: Forgot that we essentially lost half a season in the 80s due to a strike, which makes the decade of Gibbs even more impressive. 

Edited by hail2skins
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

You guys have a historic franchise. You have one less SB than we do. I think you guys are too down on your team.

Our most recent 20 year run of good seasons (1971-1992) coincided with a down period for the Packers after Green Bay had dominated the 60s.

Since then, the Packers have had a whopping 3 losing seasons, while the Skins have been mediocre to dreadful.

Edited by hail2skins

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Our most recent 20 year run of good seasons (1971-1992) coincided with a down period for the Packers after Green Bay had dominated the 60s.

Since then, the Packers have had a whopping 3 losing seasons, while the Skins have been mediocre to dreadful.

The Pack is heading down that road and fast. Rodgers is declining fast, injury prone. He will retire in a couple seasons then we get to be in the basement for probably 30 years.

• Like 1

GB was 4-12 and 8-8 in 2005-06 before having that monster 13-3 year in Favre's last season in GB.

Then Rodgers took over and 10+ win seasons have become the norm with the Packers over the past decade.

Who knows......you might hit on another QB. 

2 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

The Pack is heading down that road and fast. Rodgers is declining fast, injury prone. He will retire in a couple seasons then we get to be in the basement for probably 30 years.

Whose gonna fill his shoes ?

If he retires in a couple seasons, they shoulda done like they did with Favre, and draft and groom his replacement a couple years in advance.

That method seemed to work okay with them last time.

54 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Whose gonna fill his shoes ?

If he retires in a couple seasons, they shoulda done like they did with Favre, and draft and groom his replacement a couple years in advance.

That method seemed to work okay with them last time.

We wont. We're not a good team. The Bears and Vikings are on the rise. Our days are numbered.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

We wont. We're not a good team. The Bears and Vikings are on the rise. Our days are numbered.

This board has been around for 18 years, and if I could count the number of times (Eagles, Giants, Cowboys) days were supposedly numbered and (Redskins) were supposedly on the rise...…..

Just look at the Eagles.  No trophies, but a very solid record overall under Andy Reid for a while before its time to part ways. Chip Kelly comes in, record-wise really doesn't do too bad, but ownership feeling he has too much control does him in. At that point, "oh, Philly gonna be in for years of rebuilding." They land Wentz, and a year later are holding the trophy. Granted, they have fallen back to .500, which is certainly not what you should aim for, but still. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 7:29 AM, hail2skins said:

This board has been around for 18 years, and if I could count the number of times (Eagles, Giants, Cowboys) days were supposedly numbered and (Redskins) were supposedly on the rise...…..

Just look at the Eagles.  No trophies, but a very solid record overall under Andy Reid for a while before its time to part ways. Chip Kelly comes in, record-wise really doesn't do too bad, but ownership feeling he has too much control does him in. At that point, "oh, Philly gonna be in for years of rebuilding." They land Wentz, and a year later are holding the trophy. Granted, they have fallen back to .500, which is certainly not what you should aim for, but still. 

Seriously, I've been on since early 2004, and the number of times we have had false hope is crazy.  The Packers may have had bad seasons but your team seems better coached and managed overall.  When you have only had two QB's since the early 90s, that says something.  

Also, team success seems to all be about the right QB and coach combo in the end.  We have not had that since 1992.  We won't have that for some time until we draft a QB high and start grooming them under Smith or whoever next year.

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I believe we'll have to wait for 2019 Week 1 or 2 for this happen...

In related news. the Giants have 100 wins against us alone.

10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Yup. 6-10 for sure. Too many missing pieces to win another. 

19 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

That's some sad ****

8 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

Yup. 6-10 for sure. Too many missing pieces to win another. 

Too many missing pieces?

I guess you weren't paying attention we had 12 men on the field buddy!

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

By week 2? Damn, you're an optimist!

9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

By week 2? Damn, you're an optimist!

Well, I'll have better insight when NFL will release 2019 schedule.

But still, early in the season you may get a lucky win against an opponent not ready for a new QB and/or new HC with little to no insight on him.

On 11/18/2018 at 7:17 AM, ThePackisback said:

Be happy and fortunate, we've got Snyder ! He ruined this once proud franchise and took away all hope among fans.

Edited by FrFan

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Finally got win #600!! About a month after we thought we’d get it 😂😂😂

And nearly 10 months earlier than my lately prediction...

Anyway:

600.jpg

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/16/2018 at 3:40 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^and who knows how long it’ll be until we get win #601 😂😂

This Saturday..in Nashville... against the Titans..