Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An assault on American voters is underway

No Excuses

The federal lawsuit being filed Thursday takes aim at Mississippi's unique requirement that candidates for statewide office must win both a majority of the popular vote and at least 62 of the 122 state House of Representatives districts.

Sounds ridiculous. How has this not been struck down before?

Misled? I believe the word their looking for is lied. How were they rewarded by lying?

Republicans used that extra time to, among other things, try to tilt the state judiciary rightward, remap elected judges’ districts in the state’s largest county, and tweak election rules for the state Supreme Court. They restructured the State Board of Elections to dilute the influence of Roy Cooper, the state’s Democratic governor. And they tacked six proposed constitutional amendments onto last November’s ballot — many of them, like a proposal to make fishing and hunting a constitutional right, aimed at pumping up Republican turnout.

TALLAHASSEE — Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday approved legislation that would crack down on citizen petitions, a move that is likely to quash future ballot initiatives disliked by Republican lawmakers and corporate donors.

The bill, which takes effect before the 2020 election, makes it drastically harder to collect enough signatures to make it onto voters’ ballots.

And it will solidify Republican control in Tallahassee by eliminating one of the last threats to their power: the ballot box.

Nothing to see here.

17 hours ago, Bang said:

Un-American activities.

Subverting the Constitution.

Traitors.

And if you support them, so are you.

~Bang

^^This

I have to say though, the ones that really turn my crank are the people that still imagine there is some middle ground, some fence to perch on, that still tell themselves "Oh, I'm not into politics" or "Can't we all just get along?" No, no no no stop that horse**** no. The population of this country is parting like the Red Sea, and at this point I am of the opinion that the people that can't find it in themselves to take a stand are actually supportive of this fascist crap but too gutless to come right out and admit it.

Does that sound strident? Extreme? Tough titty said the kitty, our goddam country is being undermined, our childrens lives are being sold as salvage, I have no sympathy for ya if you can't admit it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

I have to say though, the ones that really turn my crank are the people that still imagine there is some middle ground, some fence to perch on, that still tell themselves "Oh, I'm not into politics" or "Can't we all just get along?" No, no no no stop that horse**** no.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2019 at 8:07 AM, LD0506 said:

^^This

I have to say though, the ones that really turn my crank are the people that still imagine there is some middle ground, some fence to perch on, that still tell themselves "Oh, I'm not into politics" or "Can't we all just get along?" No, no no no stop that horse**** no. The population of this country is parting like the Red Sea, and at this point I am of the opinion that the people that can't find it in themselves to take a stand are actually supportive of this fascist crap but too gutless to come right out and admit it.

Does that sound strident? Extreme? Tough titty said the kitty, our goddam country is being undermined, our childrens lives are being sold as salvage, I have no sympathy for ya if you can't admit it.

tumblr_lmnh6xFGyd1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

• Haha 2

On 6/9/2019 at 5:07 AM, LD0506 said:

^^This

.....🙄

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1

*Scrolls down a post about GOP lying to courts about their unconstitutional gerrymander*

Nope, not time to comment

*Scrolls down a post about Florida Republicans quashing future ballot initiatives disliked by them and corporate donors. *

Nope, not time to comment

*See's someone getting mad about said bull*****

🙄

Got him!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 8:07 AM, LD0506 said:

^^This

I also can't stand the "both sides suck" and "both sides are the same" crowd. No, the parties are not the same. They are different by several orders of magnitude.

Edited by Burgold

• 3 weeks later...