Chew

**The Official 2018-2019 Winter Weather Thread**

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

My family is gonna be stuck for a while, they're on the side of a mountain. 🙁

MV5BMDRjOTViN2YtYWNkNy00NWZkLTg3ZTQtMmVh

Maybe they should go through the mines of Moria.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

so my friends invited me to hang out at their house in baltimore, but i was there is 0 chance i want to get stuck there until monday 

23 minutes ago, China said:

This forecast was way off.

To be fair, they updated it before the storm hit.  That post was old.

5 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

To be fair, they updated it before the storm hit.  That post was old.

Old is a relative term.  I guess in meteorology anything more than 4 hours out is old.

Edited by China

4 minutes ago, China said:

Old is a relative term.  I guess in meteorology anything more than 4 hours out is old.

There are different models out nearly every hour these days.  That CWG map was old, but even so, they under did their totals.  My yard in Burke had nearly 8 inches of snow at about 1:00 this afternoon.

Easily 10” total in my yard, though there was some compaction this afternoon. And still snowing. Glad I got the snow blower ready last night. 

Bmore ended up with about 4-5 inches.  My house (NE Bmore) seems to have lagged behind the rest of the city during the recent storms.  I'd say we maybe got 3 inches.

Still though, school's out tomorrow so I can't complain, and there's supposed to be another chance at a big storm coming up this weekend.

Alexandria got boomed for sure. Next time DC has giant snowball fight, I'm going, seems to be traditional now : )

I had about 10" or so in Rockville, but it came in like 2 different bands.  It stopped snowing around like 2pm then at 4pm it started coming down hard again and slowed down but never fully stopped until about midnight.  I dug my car out at like 11pm last night and when I went to it this morning it had like 1/2 on it maybe that I had to brush off.  Outside of the backroads, the roads were fine around 6:30am, with some messy parts around ramps or random parts on highways.  ICC and 95 were good for the most part.

Now that I’ve got a real tractor and a 540 pto 54” snow blower I love snow! Takes about 25 minutes to clear a 550 foot driveway. 

Cant wait for more! :)

4 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Is this weekend's looking like anything legit?

Looks like rain for now.  Not as promising as it was a couple days ago.

• Like 1

Looks like Mother Nature is gonna come through, will be teleworking for most of the week :headbang:

1039531193_Screenshot_20190121-165110_DENWeather.thumb.jpg.a39883324eebd6420208c651b64cbdac.jpg

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Update:  It's ****ing cold.

No ****. When I went out on the back deck to feed the porch kitties this morning, their water was frozen solid. Usually I can twist the bowl like an ice tray and it'll break, but not at 22 degrees. We'll be this way for the next week. 

• Like 1