Chew

**The Official 2018-2019 Winter Weather Thread**

Let's get it rockin', folks.

Old Man Winter dropped about 6" on us last night in the south Denver 'burbs. 13 degrees currently.

20181112_085603.thumb.jpg.eada2c7e0ce7245615517862f7e0454a.jpg

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

I pub-crawled Charlottesville on Saturday night in 30 degree weather.  Had a bomb dinner, caught a Fleetwood Mac cover band and everybody got laid.

But now I have a terrible cold.  I hate winter.

• Haha 1

Fauquier, Loudoun, and Prince William County schools closed tomorrow, Fairfax County schools on a 2 hour delay in anticipation of the season’s first winter storm.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:23 AM, Springfield said:

I hate this thread cause Chew’s punk ass always starts it up before all the leaves are done falling off the trees here in VA.

With all the rain we've had, ours haven't changed color yet, much less fallen. ?

Gotta take my nephew to his mom's in a few mins so he can go to school. Montgomery County is on a 2 hr delay but i hope they just close. Not looking good out here

44 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yea its nasty here in tysons. New gig lets me telework so NBA 2K alllllllllll day. 

You playin online or franchise mode with that stuff. The reviews for NBA 2k get worse and worse by the year...BUT most of those people mainly play online and whine about VC. The criticism is overblown IMO. 

Anyway it was snowing a bit near Loudoun. I was still able to ride 28 south to work. Very empty here. I might try to do work :wacko:

Woke up to see snow covering the top of my house outside my window. I thought it was just going to be a dusting but this is ACTUAL snow. A week before thanksgiving!! 

23 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

You playin online or franchise mode with that stuff. The reviews for NBA 2k get worse and worse by the year...BUT most of those people mainly play online and whine about VC. The criticism is overblown IMO. 

Anyway it was snowing a bit near Loudoun. I was still able to ride 28 south to work. Very empty here. I might try to do work :wacko:

Never tried franchise mode. I'm addicted to My Park though. It's basically an MMO my player and me and my boys are SO bad it I cant stop. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Never tried franchise mode. I'm addicted to My Park though. It's basically an MMO my player and me and my boys are SO bad it I cant stop. 

alright I seen some of that on twitch. Enjoy it

I was just checking on how often it snows here in DC in November, and noticing I don't remember the November 1987 storm that got 11.5 inches because I was in Michigan in college.

climo_nov_top_10_dc_snow.gif?uuid=jMYn8A

Well, where I live has already eclipsed the 4" mark (officially at 4.3" and counting).  They completely botched the forecast.  When I went to bed last night it was only 1" and gone by evening rush.  Now a winter storm warning with frozen precip through 4am, and 4-6" expected.  Since I am already at 4.3", i fully expect to end up around the 8" mark, and I have to drive home 26 miles...

FML

4 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Well, where I live has already eclipsed the 4" mark (officially at 4.3" and counting).  They completely botched the forecast.  When I went to bed last night it was only 1" and gone by evening rush.  Now a winter storm warning with frozen precip through 4am, and 4-6" expected.  Since I am already at 4.3", i fully expect to end up around the 8" mark, and I have to drive home 26 miles...

FML

I was expecting maybe a light dusting here in Damascus. Woke up to a damn blizzard ?. Took my nephew to his mom's via 124  (no way in Hell I was getting on 270). Pure chaos.