Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Josh Norman slams Redskins fans after road win: 'They boo everything'

NewCliche21

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

LMAO. People make millions off of entertaining people like me, and if we're not entertained it's on us and we should be ashamed.

There are better ways to go about "being not entertained" than what Norman said.

"When we go into the home stands, it seems like (sigh) an open bubble or something. Like the other team's turf or something. You hear more of them than you do of us. Then, if something bad happens, they sulk. They sit back in their seat and they boo. I don't know. ... We come back to our home and guys...they just don't really care. They just boo everything. They're not really behind us."

But sure, keep on keeping on my dude. I really do have the hardest time understanding why or how fans like you still stay fans. Go take up basket weaving or something.

Winning produces full stadiums.  We haven’t won consistently in forever so our stadiums are typically full of errbody else’s fans since the dmv is full of transients.  Ofcourse, through it all, the diehards remain.  They get out cheered during losses by opposing fans and boo the team during grind it out times.  

Skins havent been the same since we sold our souls to move out of dc.  Alienated the fan base and provided an inferior product...every stinking season since.  

The entire franchise needs consistency

....fans included

Ok so not totally on topic, but kinda since it’s about the stadium crowd. 

Last week i was at the game agsibst the falcons, lower bowl. In my section i saw 2 cowboys fans.  For a while i was trying to think why they were there. 

Like....what’s the logic there? Their team (I’m assuming it’s Dallas?) isn’t playing there that day. And if they’re redskins fans, why wear a cowboys jersey? Da **** goes through people’s heads....? 

14 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

But only if you do it right.

I don't even know what this means. I assume cause you think I think I'm always right. Cool.

It's just backwards ass logic to go to the game and boo and sulk when we currently are leading the division and control our own destiny. That's confusing as hell, like clearly you've reached the point where you don't derive enjoyment from them. So stay home. Better off without ya, like I said.

I'm pumped Josh said something. Some of this fan base sucks. I hope they take on a me vs. the world attitude and shut these people up.

I fly up to games, home and the road.  And for the last two years flying to home games -- its amazing to me how many opposing fans are in the stands and get loud.  I've been been to a bunch of road games including yesterday, and its the opposite.  Redskins fans invade.  And its very impressive.  Felt like a home game.  

I was behind the Redskins sidelines and you could tell some players fed off of it, especially Swearinger.   So I can see it from their point of view -- on the road having an army of Redskins fans is fun.  But its the opposite drill in DC.  

I think a lot of this would change if they are able to speed up somehow the new stadium.  As much as I don't care for Dan/Bruce, I don't think they are the #1 issue with fans headed to the stadium -- I think its the stadium itself.  The location of it, the lack of character of the stadium -- opposing fans invading it, etc.

I've been to Tampa, Dallas, Arizona, New Orleans and others and there are actual things to do around those stadiums.  It makes it feel like more of an event.  All nicer stadiums than Fed Ex. You can actually walk from your hotel to them (except Dallas).  Going to a road game is a better time for me.  I think if they move the stadium back to the district or National Harbor.  I think that would be a game changer.  If they create a stadium with some character to it -- game changer to.  Fed Ex is sterile looking and has a sterile vibe about the place IMO.  

I know the subject is booing at stadiums.  I have never booed them ever.   But I do think improving the stadium experience would get people attending games in a better spirit-mood.  And I don't think that's easy to do at Fed Ex.   If I were them, I'd speed up the new stadium and take whatever penalty there is to break that lease.

And yeah people don't love ownership and it's been death by 1000 cuts where they've hit a threshold of frustration -- I get that's part of the issue.  But I still think the main problem with the stadium experience is the actual stadium -- the location, experience there, the whole drill.  I've been finding it much more fun to go to a road game.  And I think part of Norman-Swearinger's observation is about dealing with fans on the road who are in a much better mood in part I think for reasons I expressed. 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Shocked and appalled?  Where did you read that?  I never said anything of the sort. I don’t blame the players for not enjoying playing in front of half the other team’s fans, getting booed, etc.  I think he’s stupid for going on a tangent about it.  It’s a deflecting tactic by him to make the story about the crappy fans rather than laying eggs on the field.  He certainly could have went about it in a more productive way but I don’t blame them for not liking their situation when playing at home.

However the term “wine and cheesers” really dates yourself as far as actually attending games.  The wine and cheese crowd has been gone for a long time.  The FO wishes they still had that crowd to buy club seats and expensive parking.  A lot of folks outside of them have bailed due to reasons you’re well aware of.  I just find it odd that you constantly attack the fanbase as if there aren’t legitimate reasons for the decay.  Even more odd for you to be on this positivity high horse when the word positive doesn’t register with your posting history.  You’ve taken numerous dumps on numerous players, coaches, fans you name it for years.  That’s fine but your finger pointing at everyone else rings hollow all things considered. 

So because I criticize players I cant be positive about the team? That's dumb. Do I have to love everything about the team and pretend everything is perfect? Maybe you should explain these rules of yours better.

I've been pretty ****ing positive this season. I even like Alex Smith and have supported him. Lol. I really like the team this year and was going to fly in for a game, but had some work and dog stuff come up.

I'm honestly not sure where you're coming from with your bs. 

The nfl in general is a worse product. 

Generations are growing up without seeing the glory years.

The market is smaller with Carolina, Baltimore and Tennessee having better teams in the last 25 years.

Dan and Bruce

Fans think their stadium sucks.

There's plenty of reasons for attendance to suck, but when teams like the browns, Bill's, jets, etc get better support at home from their disgruntled fans, it's hard to pat ourselves on the back.

I wonder which team probably has the most similarities to our fans. Chargers? I dont think they get booed. Eagles are more lively. 

Maybe we could ask the players. Oh wait....

2 hours ago, HardcoreZorn said:

I don't even know what this means. I assume cause you think I think I'm always right. Cool.

It's just backwards ass logic to go to the game and boo and sulk when we currently are leading the division and control our own destiny. That's confusing as hell, like clearly you've reached the point where you don't derive enjoyment from them. So stay home. Better off without ya, like I said.

I'm pumped Josh said something. Some of this fan base sucks. I hope they take on a me vs. the world attitude and shut these people up.

Nobody cares what you think, Bruce. Everyone hates you. So there, go perma ban me, I dare you. Then everyone will know it's YOU!!!!!!

Tell Dan I said "hi" and see if you can get me some free tickets, ok?

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So because I criticize players I cant be positive about the team? That's dumb. Do I have to love everything about the team and pretend everything is perfect? Maybe you should explain these rules of yours better.

I've been pretty ****ing positive this season. I even like Alex Smith and have supported him. Lol. I really like the team this year and was going to fly in for a game, but had some work and dog stuff come up.

I'm honestly not sure where you're coming from with your bs. 

The nfl in general is a worse product. 

Generations are growing up without seeing the glory years.

The market is smaller with Carolina, Baltimore and Tennessee having better teams in the last 25 years.

Dan and Bruce

Fans think their stadium sucks.

There's plenty of reasons for attendance to suck, but when teams like the browns, Bill's, jets, etc get better support at home from their disgruntled fans, it's hard to pat ourselves on the back.

I wonder which team probably has the most similarities to our fans. Chargers? I dont think they get booed. Eagles are more lively. 

Maybe we could ask the players. Oh wait....

Yeah, but how do you REALLY feel?

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You’re one of the folks whining about bad fans and negativity.  I agree you’ve been positive for the most part this season but that’s definitely a new look for you.  Most of the negativity your talking about stems from the QB and abysmal offense.  I just can’t grasp why it’s okay to be critical of everyone but the QB.

Maybe Norman didn't get a contract to be on Fox NFL Kickoff with that hot chick for next season.

Norman is a defensive diva, he thrives off of attention, good or bad. Does he piss me off? Nah.  There was something with another NFL player winning 2 sports emmys, and he got jealous and said he could win 4, so when there's an open mic, he'll be there.

Hec, if you wanna really get upset about something,  [ people in general, not you NewCliche' ] get pissed about how these players make a play and act as if they've just won the SB or saved the world from extinction.  when the whistle blows they jump up and  its " me me me " time. Then usually the next play they get roasted, then the camera pans on them and they're smiling in shame.

People don't get it. We are 6-3, and have a good chance at making the playoffs. The players are putting in the work, and so far it is resulting in an NFCE lead. Home field advantage is just like it sounds, an ADVANTAGE. The players would like to have that advantage when they step on there home turf.  Norman wants to keep winning. Norman wants to make the playoffs. He is hoping that the skins fans will have the teams back moving forward. Stop blaming Norman, he speaks the truth.

I wonder what Norman will say after he gets torched by the Texans on sunday as the D gets routed for another 500 yards.

Are his comments supposed to make me buy tickets for Sunday? Because I'm not going to stubhub right now. 

I've lost years off my life and thousands of dollars for this team over decades. The redskins could go 16-0 and win 2 super bowls in back-to-back years, and I'll still expect them to lose every game. That's how damaged I am as a fan. 

So **** off and prove it, then I'll come back.

13 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

People don't get it. We are 6-3, and have a good chance at making the playoffs. The players are putting in the work, and so far it is resulting in an NFCE lead. Home field advantage is just like it sounds, an ADVANTAGE. The players would like to have that advantage when they step on there home turf.  Norman wants to keep winning. Norman wants to make the playoffs. He is hoping that the skins fans will have the teams back moving forward. Stop blaming Norman, he speaks the truth.

I see you learned nothing from your previous thread. 

This was nearly 20 years in the making, a 6-3 record in one season is not going to fix that.  FedEx is a terrible stadium, the offense is a struggle to watch, and this is a non-conference game against a team that could very well kick our ass. 

I believe we win, but probably won't see what you are looking for until we get another home playoff game. We've only had 2 this century, don't you get that's a huge part of what this is about? Norman doesn't because he's only been here three years and went to the super bowl with Carolina, whos been to two super bowls in that time frame.

4 minutes ago, respectgibbs said:

He's too green to this franchise, he dosn't understand that him saying all that and us getting blown out will be the ultimate "this is why we don't come".  Arlington did that once for a Dallas game, the most embarrassed ive ever been as a Redskina fan

14 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

Maybe Norman was pissed because the Bluebonnet Butter Co. called and wanted to change their box of the lady with the bonnet to Norman with a helmet.

He should realize its not him and him alone playing defense.

7 minutes ago, respectgibbs said:

I wonder what Norman will say after he gets torched by the Texans on sunday as the D gets routed for another 500 yards.

Are his comments supposed to make me buy tickets for Sunday? Because I'm not going to stubhub right now. 

I've lost years off my life and thousands of dollars for this team over decades. The redskins could go 16-0 and win 2 super bowls in back-to-back years, and I'll still expect them to lose every game. That's how damaged I am as a fan. 

no, his comments are supposed to say that fans like you suck as fans

3 hours ago, HardcoreZorn said:

I’ve been to numerous boo-worthy games over the years and never booed.  Although I’m pretty sure I joined a chant for Beck after watching Grossman carelessly heave it to the Titans numerous times in the first half.  Yes, that is as sad as it sounds.

However I do totally understand folks having the desire to boo.  I venture a guess a lot of those boos come from season ticket holders that have been sitting through these ass-kickings for decades.  They are indeed battered.  Going to Skins games and leaving miserable is a way of life for these folks.    The seats I usually get are surrounded by STH who can be a real good time, but it doesn’t take much for the pessimism to set in. Understandably so.  It’s going to take more than an ugly hot start to one season before they stop feeling duped by this team.  Fairly or unfairly. 

Josh and the other players/coaches are not responsible for all the years of letdown.  I don’t expect them to understand that they are carrying the burden of Dan Snyder’s Redskins.  That those boos are much less about them and much more about the displeasure with their bosses.

Perhaps those complaining about the complainers should buy more tickets and drown out these awful fans you hate so much.

5 minutes ago, carex said:

no, his comments are supposed to say that fans like you suck as fans

and players like him suck as players. 

Also, somehow Philly players overcame their battery-throwing, booing Eagles fans and won a SB last year. Don't remember Eagles complaining about how hostile and quick-to-boo their fans are. They just won ****ing games. 

I mean honestly, LMFAO that this franchise is crumbling and desperate to fill seats, and they have 3 players going off on their fan base. WTF? This is supposed to make me want to go to Fedex?

The one things Gibbs 2.0 always got right was that he THANKED THE FANS after every game to start his press conference. And we showed up for him. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I see you learned nothing from your previous thread. 

This was nearly 20 years in the making, a 6-3 record in one season is not going to fix that.  FedEx is a terrible stadium, the offense is a struggle to watch, and this is a non-conference game against a team that could very well kick our ass. 

I believe we win, but probably won't see what you are looking for until we get another home playoff game. We've only had 2 this century, don't you get that's a huge part of what this is about? Norman doesn't because he's only been here three years and went to the super bowl with Carolina, whos been to two super bowls in that time frame.

HAHAHAHA at I've learned nothing. Not sure if you are trying to be intimidating with your big talk, but it is far from working with me sir. Try someone else. I've got nothing to learn.  I've put in my hours of despair with this team like everyone else who has been a fan for years. Now that we are finally fielding a somewhat respectable team, the fans decide to act like this? No, I don't get it. They were showing up when the team was a 4-12 team. I will still call it as I see it, just as Norman is doing. He speaks the truth, and so do I. All I want is for my Redskins to win, and a home field advantage does just that, adds an advantage to our team. That would be a good thing, not a bad thing, if you want to see the Redskins win.

7 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

HAHAHAHA at I've learned nothing. Not sure if you are trying to be intimidating with your big talk, but it is far from working with me sir. Try someone else. I've got nothing to learn.  I've put in my hours of despair with this team like everyone else who has been a fan for years. Now that we are finally fielding a somewhat respectable team, the fans decide to act like this? No, I don't get it. They were showing up when the team was a 4-12 team. I will still call it as I see it, just as Norman is doing. He speaks the truth, and so do I. All I want is for my Redskins to win, and a home field advantage does just that, adds an advantage to our team. That would be a good thing, not a bad thing, if you want to see the Redskins win.

Thats really sad you think I'm trying to imtimidate you over the internet because i vehemently disagree with you. It's a discussion board, expect to be challenged, i deal with it all the time. No, if you really believe you have nothing to learn you're more disappointing then i thought you were. You don't get it because you don't want to, keep trying to make it simple and its not.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Thats really sad you think I'm trying to imtimidate you over the internet because i vehemently disagree with you. It's a discussion board, expect to be challenged, i deal with it all the time. No, if you really believe you have nothing to learn you're more disappointing then i thought you were. You don't get it because you don't want to, keep trying to make it simple and its not.

This is not a class room, and I did not come here to learn, "teacher". When you use degrading langue like that you most certainly are acting like your better than other people, and trying to be an intimidater. Again your tactics are coming up short in that department, and that kind of garbage just makes you sound like a depressing character. Again 6-3. One of the few times in a long time where this fan base should be having fun. If you don't want to go to the games, great no one is forcing you. But stop complaing that players and other fans might want to see our team have a home field advantage to help them keep succeeding. Just win Redskins, just win! HTTR

Archived