Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Josh Norman slams Redskins fans after road win: 'They boo everything'

NewCliche21

I’ve seen a few saying the Foster remarks are fake.

IMO, Foster gets the absolute most out of what he has.  He’s slow as molasses but somehow some way has actually made quite a few big plays for this team.  It seems like the Falcons started exploiting him and everyone else has followed suit since.  I can’t imagine how bad it sucks to get worked on the reg on national TV only to check twitter and see a bunch of losers calling him fat and blaming him for the many troubles this team has.

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve seen a few saying the Foster remarks are fake.

IMO, Foster gets the absolute most out of what he has.  He’s slow as molasses but somehow some way has actually made quite a few big plays for this team.  It seems like the Falcons started exploiting him and everyone else has followed suit since.  I can’t imagine how bad it sucks to get worked on the reg on national TV only to check twitter and see a bunch of losers calling him fat and blaming him for the many troubles this team has.

Sounds like Doughty or Will Compton but with a bad attitude

10 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Foster looking for the escape hatch.

Cant blame him, really.

Where exactly is he going to escape to? He will not start anywhere else.

I wouldn't care as much about the fans comments from him, but the stuff about the team and not being a scapegoat for high money guys not doing their jobs...he's the team captain...also one of the biggest weakness on the D. I would hit that eject button on him right now.

The Foster comments are far worse than anything Norman or anyone else has said. I'd cut him today if I were Snyder.

Yes. I said Snyder. He makes that decision and sets the tone for the next set of players, general managers and coaches. His message should be: "I will leave all football operations to the professionals, but disrespect the Washington Redskins or its fanbase in such brazen fashion and you will not be on this roster or in the locker room."

That won't happen. It's a pipe dream. But that's how it should be handled.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

It doesn't seem legit to me.  The twitter feed of the guy who's DMs these are allegedly from is a troll. And he's locked it now, so you cant even see.

I dont think Foster even knows this person to be saying such things in DM to a complete stranger.  

Problem is Foster also made his instagram private when it came out, and put middle finger emojis up in his timeline...

26 minutes ago, dballer said:

Problem is Foster also made his instagram private when it came out, and put middle finger emojis up in his timeline...

Dang.  Then I dont know.  lol

At least it's not a guy I like, like Allen or Kerrigan or somebody.  it actually is fine if its true since it'd be a guy I wanted off the team anyway.

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

What did Foster say?  How come no one started a thread about it?

Nothing that can be quoted here because it's NSFW.  Basically F this team and F this fanbase.

I'm not sure this is real as it's easy to fake and the source doesn't seem legit.  However, Foster did talk trash last year, too.  I'm mixed on its genuineness.

For me, yes it's terrible what he said, but if he were just talking to another player on the team or something in house, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it as it wasn't meant to be public.  There's a world of difference between ****ing about work to a coworker in private and ****ing to the world about work.  For what Norman and Swearinger did, not only was it meant to be public, it came out of nowhere.

I still don't like Foster anyway.  If he were going to get cut, then I'd cut him over this if it's shown to be real (not hard to prove this one as just because a user deletes something doesn't mean the server has, and Instagram explicitly says in the terms of service no one reads that it may keep a copy.  This isn't just for them, it's for the ability to subpoena records. 

Set an example harshly and quickly.  Set the tone, show that you take the organization seriously, and demonstrate that being on this team is a privilege not a paycheck.  As @KDawg said, it would be wonderful if it came from Snyder.  It shows that he means business and that no matter who the next GM/HC/staff is, the guy who isn't leaving won't tolerate it.

Gruden just basically confirmed the comments were real and came from Foster at his presser. He of course gave Foster a pass and blamed the guy who screen-shotted the "private conversation" instead of calling Foster to task for anything that was said. But does seem like those comments really came from Foster. **** him. 

This is such an opportune time for Snyder.

Gruden seemingly giving Foster a pass on those comments. The current negative publicity, the Sanchez fiasco, the mostly empty stadium, the losing streak...

This is a perfect time for Snyder to do something he's never done... Release Foster and hold a press conference:

"Over the years there have been many times where I have heard fans and media asking that I stay out of football affairs. I have for the most part done that. And I will continue to try to place people within the organization who can manage the football end of things in a way that satisfies the fan base and then some. Mistakes have certainly been made along the way, but I believe it's time to start fixing some of those.

It has come to my attention that we had one of our teammates, one of our leaders, post some extremely derogatory comments towards this franchise in a social media message with a fan. And not only the franchise, but our loyal fans who have endured many years of mediocrity and worse. While there is almost always some level of grumbling between employees at any organization, it's an entirely different animal when that grumbling is taken to the outside. I am for privacy. I believe our conversations should remain private. I also believe that social media has a different set of rules to live by. In this day and age nothing that you say on social media should be thought of as private. It eventually all comes out in the wash. Front office personnel, coaches and players will be held to the standard that they should know better.

Keeping that in mind, today I made the decision to release Mason Foster from his contract with the Washington Redskins. This was a decision made by myself and myself alone as the owner of the Washington Redskins. We have to hold ourselves to a higher standard and for the last long while this team has floundered. Some of that, if not most of it, should be placed directly at my feet. I recognize that. It's time for this to change.

Being an employee of the Washington Redskins is a privilege and not a right. And it's time to remind people of that fact again. I will no longer allow the status quo. Changes need to occur with this franchise and the first is making sure that each of our employees respects everyone who came before them when they walk in that door. There will be more changes over the coming weeks and months. I want this franchise to be proud again, and I hope the changes that occur will rejuvenate our fanbase once again.

Hail to the Redskins."

Snyder is not in a spot where he can afford to act like his team has any sort of prestige or honor to uphold.  I don’t think it would be a good look to choose this over everything else to publicly get on a pedestal or take the reigns so to speak.

But Jay, on the other hand, I would expect to do something about it and apparently he’s not going to.  Go figure.

Everything is toxic with the players on defense right now, why, who is responsible for making them feel this way, why have they quit?

Is it Jay, Manusky, or both?

I can't see them quitting because the fans won't fill the stadium.

There's more to this story.

Gruden probably agrees with Foster.

But his response was as pitiful as it can get.  That is not a leader. And if Bruce had any guts, he woulda demanded some punishment for insulting a fanbase that they're already hemmoraghing. 

This wont stop the bleeding, covering for players that get away with open disdain for the fans.

Archived