Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Schiltz Magic

TK

10 hours ago, -JB- said:

Sucks so bad his record as QB is 75-34-1 since 2011 ?️♂️

Just stop.  If you are going to only use records I have 2 words:  Sonny Jurgenson

How many games his team won in Kansas City or SF means about as much to me as how well Donovan McNabb or Mark Brunnel did in their previous stops.  They mean nothing today.  He simply has not played well here and as he gets older we should not expect that to change.  Not sure why you can't admit this to yourself.  

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Just stop.  If you are going to only use records I have 2 words:  Sonny Jurgenson

How many games his team won in Kansas City or SF means about as much to me as how well Donovan McNabb or Mark Brunnel did in their previous stops.  They mean nothing today.  He simply has not played well here and as he gets older we should not expect that to change.  Not sure why you can't admit this to yourself.  

They don’t mean anything when he comes here and loses a bunch of games.  He’s 6-3 right now. Lighten up. 

23 hours ago, -JB- said:

They don’t mean anything when he comes here and loses a bunch of games.  He’s 6-3 right now. Lighten up. 

I'm just sick and tired of fans sticking up for a player who is not worthy of it  The Redskins are 6-3 despite the play of Alex Smith, most people around the league know this.  And posting his win totals on other teams has absolutely nothing to do with what he will do for here, it's no different than pointing out what McNabb did in Philly.  

32 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm just sick and tired of fans sticking up for a player who is not worthy of it  The Redskins are 6-3 despite the play of Alex Smith, most people around the league know this.  And posting his win totals on other teams has absolutely nothing to do with what he will do for here, it's no different than pointing out what McNabb did in Philly.  

Well, McNabb started 4-5 in his first 9 games with Skins and finished 6-10.  Again, your point isn’t valid.  I’m not defending a guy losing games.  Alex Smith’s record is 6-3 this year.  I find it hard to argue that the Alex Smith formula has worked in winning games over the past 7 years.  No matter where he’s played, including here. 

Maybe there should be a new category for Alex Smith; one that desvribes his play the best.

I think I got it.

" PGM"... Precision Game Manager.

Not since Trent Dilfer hopped on the backs of the Baltimore Ravens' defense's backs and rode them all the way to the SB have I seen a QB who is on a team that wins like this.

Its the cards Gruden has been given, nothing Gruden can do but lay the cards down in a way that gives this team the best chance, Problem is, he's not playing the cards correctly in the second halves of games, but they managed to win, and when it boils down to business, winning is the #1 priority.

I don't like the stagnant offense, but I can't do anything but sit back and see what happens, but in the back of my mind I keep hoping Smith will get out of this funk and start playing like a good QB should.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I agree that Smith needs to play better and put up points. But I disagree that we are 6-3 dispite him. His not turning the ball over is a big reason we are 6-3.

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Well, McNabb started 4-5 in his first 9 games with Skins and finished 6-10.  Again, your point isn’t valid.  I’m not defending a guy losing games.  Alex Smith’s record is 6-3 this year.  I find it hard to argue that the Alex Smith formula has worked in winning games over the past 7 years.  No matter where he’s played, including here. 

My point was bring up Smith's wins in other cities is exactly like noting McNabb's performance in Philly.  It has absolutely nothing to do with how they played here.

Again if you are going to make it all about wins and losses you have just argued that Rex Grossman in Chicago was a better QB than Sonny Jurgenson in Washington.  I have no idea why you still don't get this.  He got a win on Sunday because the Bucs handed the Redskins the game. Alex Smith has virtually nothing to do with that win.  

44 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I agree that Smith needs to play better and put up points. But I disagree that we are 6-3 dispite him. His not turning the ball over is a big reason we are 6-3.

I'll give you that but of course we both know playing QB is much more than avoiding turnovers.  You need to make plays in this league and they Redskins were in a lot of close games because they simply did not score enough points to put the game away,  It was ridiculous that the Giants were in a 1 score game in the 4th quarter. And of course when they get in a high scoring game they are incapable of keeping up.

10 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Again if you are going to make it all about wins and losses you have just argued that Rex Grossman in Chicago was a better QB than Sonny Jurgenson in Washington.  I have no idea why you still don't get this.  He got a win on Sunday because the Bucs handed the Redskins the game. Alex Smith has virtually nothing to do with that win.  

Rex Grossman started for one full season in the NFL.  Not to mention he QB’d a team with one of the better defenses of the entire decade.  Aside from that he was a journeyman backup.  It’s laughable to compare him to a guy who has proven over the last 8 seasons now that he just wins way more than he loses.  I never said Alex Smith is Drew Brees or Matt Ryan or Tom Brady.  I just said he wins.

8 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Rex Grossman started for one full season in the NFL.  Aside from that he was a journeyman backup.  It’s laughable to compare him to a guy who has proven over the last 8 seasons now that he just wins way more than he loses.  I never said Alex Smith is Drew Brees or Matt Ryan or Tom Brady.  I just said he wins.

I like your avatar, one of my favorite movies, but your debating skills are seriously lacking.  

As I said bringing up Smith's win totals in KC has no more relevance than McNabb's performance in Philly.  It has absolutely nothing to do with how they played here  You said it's all about wins with the QB. Making this claim and ignoring all the other factors that goes into a win or loss is completely ignorant.   And again if you are basing the entire evaluation of a quarterback based on wins and losses you just called Rex in Chicago or Trent Dilfer in Baltimore good QBs and Sonny Jurgenson a hack. And I will not allow you to call a legend a hack, no sir not on my watch.  ?

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

I like your avatar but your debating skills are seriously lacking.  

As I said bring up Smith's win totals in KC has no more relevance than McNabb's performance in Philly.  It has absolutely nothing to do with how they played here  You said it's all about wins with the QB. Making this claim and ignoring all the other factors that goes into a win or loss is completely ignorant.   And again if you are basing the entire evaluation of a quarterback based on wins and losses you just called Sonny Jurgenson a hack. And i will not allow you to call a legend a hack, no sir not on my watch.  ?

If you would tell me Donovan McNabb sucked even though he won way more then he lost in Philly , then I would call you crazy.  And you brought up Rex Grossman ? That’s your argument?  That sorry ass Rex Grossman was a terrible QB for a team with an elite defense of that decade and got blown out in the SB because he had terrible turnovers?  When the whole idea of Alex Smith being a winner is because he does not turn the damn ball over??  And stop bringing up Sonny, I never called him a hack.  He’s from an era so far removed from today that it’s impossible to compare him to QB’s of today’s game.  

10 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'll give you that but of course we both know playing QB is much more than avoiding turnovers.  You need to make plays in this league and they Redskins were in a lot of close games because they simply did not score enough points to put the game away,  It was ridiculous that the Giants were in a 1 score game in the 4th quarter. And of course when they get in a high scoring game they are incapable of keeping up.

For sure, won't argue with that. If Smith hits Davis in the Tampa game it's 23 or 24 to 3 and completely out of reach. You have to hit that throw. Our defense is playing well for the most part, and the lack of turnovers is huge, but the offense needs to get it together.

Just now, -JB- said:

If you would tell me Donovan McNabb sucked even though he won way more then he lost in Philly , then I would call you crazy.  And you brought up Rex Grossman ? That’s your argument?  That sorry ass Rex Grossman was a terrible QB for a team with an elite defense of that decade and got blown out in the SB because he had terrible turnovers?  When the whole idea of Alex Smith being a winner is because he does not turn the damn ball over??  And stop bringing up Sonny, I never called him a hack.  He’s from an era so far removed from today that it’s impossible to compare him to QB’s of today’s game.  

I can come up with several more examples of good QBs on bad teams and vice versa but i don't see the point, you seem pretty dug in and don't seem to understand the points I am making. At all.    If you don't get it you don't get it so let's move on.  Have a good day 

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can come up with several more examples of good QBs on bad teams and vice versa but i don't see the point, you seem pretty dug in and don't seem to understand the points I am making. At all.    If you don't get it you don't get it so let's move on.  Have a good day 

Have a great day.  But before you do, just remember that bad QB’s never consistently win year after year in the NFL.  It just doesn’t happen.  

36 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Have a great day.  But before you do, just remember that bad QB’s never consistently win year after year in the NFL.  It just doesn’t happen.  

Which is exactly why I have concerns about Alex Smith and so should you. I'm not claiming he is bad, but he has certainly not been good. And that will only get worse as he continues to age.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:26 PM, Yng Lady88 said:

Norman doubling down on challenging the fans to show up next Sunday. tweeted a few mins ago

Not the "Shutdown" CB he's being paid to be.  Not worth the money nor the mouth....1st TD by Houston was on who?  Norman...  figure why the fans are booing yet?  Who can take a team with just over 2 minutes left in the half and 1st and goal from the 7....down by 3 points.... and then go to halftime losing by 10. Gruden and Norman and company.  Why is the fan base and attendance dropping off and booing.....???? I wonder.

• TK locked this topic

Archived