Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TK

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Schiltz Magic

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

A chance to buckle down and give the offense great field position.

If the D can get us the ball to start on the Bucs 35 yard line, I'd give us a 50/50 shot at a FG try.

Lets go D!

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Any given Sunday my man. 

More like Matt Ryan is a choke jockey unless he plays us.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What’s interesting is he did for Cousins back in the day.

But it might have been more GMSM who pulled that off.

I agree.  He doesn’t have the balls to do it.

I don't think Gruden is an office politics/in-fighting over power kind of guy regardless. He knows  where his bread is buttered--he's easy to work with and everyone likes him, basically. He rocks that boat and brings the rumors of dysfunction back to the Redskins and he's toast regardless probably. This kind of mediocrity needs an appearance of normalcy and professionalism to survive I think, which Allen/Doug/Gruden have been great at providing post-McCloughan

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Of course. But are they willing to admit that publicly? They'll get raked over the coals, because there are only two perceptions if you bench Smith for McCoy:

1. Smith sucks and was an expensive, huge mistake.

or 

2. The Skins are impatient and spent all this money and trade capital to acquire a decent vet QB who they immediately got impatient with.

Either way Allen and Gruden are done at that point, right? Snyder really only takes action when he's embarrassed. This would be embarrassing. 

Well, if it WORKS and McCoy is noticeablely better, Bruce is done but it might save Jay.

Which is what Jay should be worried about...

Of course.  Nice pass to DeSean.

BTW, if you guys can't tell that a TD pass to DeSean to beat us in the final minutes is on the way, you haven't watched enough Redskins football in your life.

This defense is not what we thought it was.  I gave them a pass against the Falcons, but they haven't done squat to knock Fitzpatrick off his pocket at all.  

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

would be great if Manusky would be aggressive and try and bring some pressure with them backed up. but I predict a big run by Barber of a 10+ yard throw to Evans. too predictable.

Close enough. 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

This defense is not what we thought it was.  I gave them a pass against the Falcons, but they haven't done squat to knock Fitzpatrick off his pocket at all.  

They have allowed 3 points, what more do you want?

2 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

would be great if Manusky would be aggressive and try and bring some pressure with them backed up. but I predict a big run by Barber of a 10+ yard throw to Evans. too predictable.

I actually like how manusky is playing them. Counting on them to make 3 mistakes in a row, as is Fitz's M.O.