Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS Atlanta Fried Chickens

TK

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

wtf are you talking about? Sports fans shouldn't want the best possible team and fan experience, they should accept the slop that's ladled to them by the team in place no matter what and be thankful for it? That's ****ing stupid. I'll wait for you to walk it back. 

my complaint about you is that you're acting like you have the answers.  Oh, change this, change that, change the other thing.  The Skins have changed everything over the course of their suckiness, including their owner, because it predates Snyder.  Plus the Skins have had one owner that turned out well in the history of the franchise, so where's the evidence that'd work?

4 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Just one of those games. Redskins never stood a chance. 

Weird how these games always seem to happen against better teams when we are in a "prove they're for real" phase after building confidence against bad teams. Almost like Gruden is a bad coach. 

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

Not to upset, but I also know we are rebuilding and didn’t fall for the hype.

Still need edge rushers, LBers, secondary, offensive line, WRs and an elite QB. We have building blocks but still far away.

Rebuilding?lol you don't trade for a FS in the last year of a contract if your rebuilding or sign a 34 year old QB for 20mil plus if your rebuilding

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea.  It's possible we know each other.

Husband and wife? That's my guess. If so, please warn us to we know to stay out of anything that remotely looks like conflict. It never ends well for the 3rd person in.....   ?:cheers:

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

People said the same thing after the Saints game then we won 3 straight.

Exactly. 

I'm certainly not throwing in the towel by any means.

A win next week against the Bucs, and this team is 6-3.

Not let's cheer for a cowboy loss tomorrow night. :dallas_sucks:

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Husband and wife? That's my guess. If so, please warn us to we know to stay out of anything that remotely looks like conflict. It never ends well for the 3rd person in.....   ?:cheers:

Good guess.  Feel free to get in on the conflict.  Brings us closer together.

Unlike the Giants, the Falcons are legit much better then their record. They'll be a factor in the playoff race. It was just a real bad matchup and real tough spot for us. We won 3 in a row so we were due. We had injuries to key pieces on offense. They're an explosive passing team and we don't score much. They're coming off a bye.

The season isn't over. Not by any stretch.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Weird how these games always seem to happen against better teams when we are in a "prove they're for real" phase after building confidence against bad teams. Almost like Gruden is a bad coach. 

My guess now is that yes, he pretty well sucks. I am offended at many of his playcalls. His formation preferences are disgusting, at times. What kind of schmuck keeps calling for Shotgun or empty backfield on 3rd and short situations??? Adrian Peterson should slap him. 

4 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Rebuilding?lol you don't trade for a FS in the last year of a contract if your rebuilding or sign a 34 year old QB for 20mil plus if your rebuilding

On the one hand, we're constantly rebuilding. On the other, I wish this team's management realized that we're bad enough to need to rebuild.

2 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

To whom it may concern:

All else aside, if you don't think the refs affected this game, you have your head up your ass

Carry on........

I think the refs called a lot of very questionable penalties on us. Holds that might have technically been holds but that guys would generally get away with 99% of the time, that absolutely ludicrous taunting penalty on Doctson for SPINNING THE FOOTBALL. And a ton of them called right after big plays. 

But I'm under no illusions that those calls cost us the game. We lost that game because we were outmatched, outclassed, outgunned, and outcoached. The refs sucked and we got some unfair penalties. But we also sucked.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

my complaint about you is that you're acting like you have the answers.  Oh, change this, change that, change the other thing.  The Skins have changed everything over the course of their suckiness, including their owner, because it predates Snyder.  Plus the Skins have had one owner that turned out well in the history of the franchise, so where's the evidence that'd work?

Still have no idea what your actual point is. I'm a fan, I'm not supposed to have "the answers", even though I think that I do (and that you're hilariously wrong about the Skins trying everything) and post about them all the time. 

But that's besides my point. Which is that your point is nonexistant--again, I need to have the answers or just accept the bull**** the team puts in front of me happily? That's just a fan's lot in life, smile and take bad performances, broken Front Office construction, poor ownership, cowardly and predictable playcalling, a lack of innovation in any way at all, etc.? 

Your true belief is that if a fan doesn't come with a powerpoint presentation and handouts showing how it would definitely be fixed (and apparently a time machine to prove that it worked), the only other option is to sit down and shut up and take the bull****? 

Again, that's pure idiocy and I feel sorry for you. 

I have zero faith in this team to recover from this and start winning again until the O line is back in place. The entire offense is predicated on opening up running lanes and controlling the clock, which impacts the defense as well (you saw this at work today). 

This wasn't just a bad day, but also the start of a bad month if we can't get healthy. 

1 minute ago, CutPryorNow said:

After we win next week in Florida, us same fans will be doing an exact 180 raving about how good the Skins can be 

Not really the issue here. The season is by no means over and everyone realizes that. But when you continue time after time to have opportunities to shut down the critics and you play really poorly, it get tiring. 

And I will say now, they can be good. But the most important thing to be in football is consistent. You will not win a whole lot if you play well a few games but then play like total ****. If they had gone toe to toe with Atl and just lost a close game where they fought hard and just came up short, that would be a whole different story. But to get steam rolled - and it's not the first time even just this season - can;t happen if you want to be a legitimate threat. 

25 minutes ago, megared said:

The only time i saw foster near a sideline was when he was running off,  or coming on the field.   He has no business covering anyone. 

I think you misunderstood my comment. They weren’t attacking the LOS on run. They were moving laterally.

This team is poorly coached and prepared for games (I would say big games, but that isn't really what we see) .  Poor discipline, blown assignments, total lack of in-game adjustments, nothing creative (except those sooo over-the-top stupid that no teams would ever actually bite on the play), schemes that expose our weaknesses, a lack of consistent effort, belief in/acceptance of players that don't believe in themselves/don't seem to care/or show consistent-inconsistency, a QB that should be beyond the adjustment stage just playing terribly(regardless of how much $ he makes/costs).........the list goes on.

There is enough blame to go around..........why the heck are we still talking about KC?  The man hasn't been here in 7 months.  It doesn't matter what side of that situation you stand on, HE AIN'T HERE, focus on what is happening here now!

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Not really the issue here. The season is by no means over and everyone realizes that. But when you continue time after time to have opportunities to shut down the critics and you play really poorly, it get tiring. 

And I will say now, they can be good. But the most important thing to be in football is consistent. You will not win a whole lot if you play well a few games but then play like total ****. If they had gone toe to toe with Atl and just lost a close game where they fought hard and just came up short, that would be a whole different story. But to get steam rolled - and it's not the first time even just this season - can;t happen if you want to be a legitimate threat. 

I think the trend is mostly accurate. When we play a high caliber offense and plays don't go our way for whatever reason and we get behind we will most likely lose until the coaching staff/players find a way to be more dynamic on offense

Our record is accurate at 5-3 as we are beating the teams we should and taking our beating when it should happen. The only asterisk IMO is the week 2 loss vs Indy

Archived