Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS Atlanta Fried Chickens

TK

Just now, Renegade7 said:

When I think "pretender" I think either not making the playoffs or not winning a championship.  Think they are someone in between still.

the issue is that we lost to a team that isn't great in a terrible fashion, the next three games are going to be tough.  There may not be many more winning moments this season.  Hope I am wrong. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

When I think "pretender" I think either not making the playoffs or not winning a championship.  Think they are someone in between still.

Not me but I get your line of thought.  If this division were even decent, we wouldn't be leading.  I had us at 9-7 and getting bounced in the first round.  I'm not even sure we do that well now.  But we shall see.  That's why we still play the games.

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Who the **** are you? You post like some rube Skins fan who just finally discovered the Internet and that there are actually smart fans out there who aren't satisfied with the product on the field, who want a SB. You seem like the kind of dumb fan that only thinks week to week and says "it's just one game guys" because there's no more depth to your analysis. I don't know if that's the case, but just going on your few posts here so far. And you know what? I think that sort of koolaid drinking fan is insufferable, but I wouldn't demand your "fan card" over it, because besides being a stupid concept it's not my ****ing business how you decide to be a fan or express your fandom. Anyone posting here after this game and even more after this 20 years of Snyders ownership is obviously a fan of the team. Grow up or get lost. 

why, we're the ones who support the actual team, rather than the one you make up in your head, that might exist if things changed

You don't exist in reality anymore than the "koolaid drinking" fans so why should we take you seriously?

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The Falcons haven't looked this in sync all year, the Giants played them better than we did, this was about penalties and poor defense.

And, once again, terrible offense and play calling. We put up 14 points on a bad defense which was also missing some of their best players. The freakin Giants put up 20 on them and that was when Atl still had their best CB.

Our defense is only pretty good, not great, or elite. The DL is really talented but our ILBs are slow (at least Foster is), our CBs are mediocre, and we can't seem to cover underneath routes to save our lives. The scheming is awful as well. How do you blitz over and over (while never getting to the QB) WHILE ALSO playing soft zone behind that?

This team might somehow squeak into the playoffs based on a poor division and a weak rest of schedule but even if we do we ain't going anywhere. I still feel like the true nature of this team is 8-8.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Fitzmagic is going to crush us...

No it won’t. Fitz is an Eli type player. Rattle him he panics. All we have to do is hit him early and often and they’ll fail utterly. 

Of course I’m relying on Manusky to actually put together a competent game plan and that hasn’t happened yet, so...Yeah

12 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Sound like a Cheifs fan right here

If only. That would be a blast. Unfortunately I'm a Skins fan who can't get enough of this for some reason. 

It's possible in the fast approaching dystopian future we (diehard sports fans of bad teams) will be looked back upon with pity as it becomes recognized belatedly as a serious mental illness. 

3 minutes ago, MediocreGymnast said:

the issue is that we lost to a team that isn't great in a terrible fashion, the next three games are going to be tough.  There may not be many more winning moments this season.  Hope I am wrong. 

Oh, that Atlanta offense IS great and team on fire evening their record.  That was a buzzsaw we just walked into.  I'm worried about the Texans game, like our odds against Dallas, no idea what to think about the Tampa game yet.

7 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

The Smith trade was always a debacle, I’ve said it from day one. We got burned trading for a Reid QB once and Bruce Allen doubled down. This better be a playoffs or bust year for Allen, he’s done more damage to this team than even the Satan known as Vinny.

Yeah, but vikes still overpaid for the other guy. Overall i’m ok with how it worked out, I hope we draft a QB this off season. Falcons won two straight before this game, they are a quality team, we are probably the best in our division.

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

No it won’t. Fitz is an Eli type player. Rattle him he panics. All we have to do is hit him early and often and they’ll fail utterly. 

Of course I’m relying on Manusky to actually put together a competent game plan and that hasn’t happened yet, so...Yeah

Fitz is amazing until he thinks he is the starter than panics. 

First, Atlanta crushed us. They didn't need the refs help. We were playing without half our starters on the offensive line and two major play makers. Besides that, we sucked today. The Falcons won the game going away. It's still ridiculous how much the refs cheated in their favor.

Second, the most predictable thing in the NFL was that after the game was sewn up the refs would suddenly start throwing flags on the Atlanta Falcons which in my mind confirms the cheating. The Falcons didn't start committing penalties only after the game was over. The refs threw those flags for one purpose and one purpose only... to create the illusion of an evenly called game on the stats sheet. 

The question has been asked for weeks and I think we got our answer. If the other team scores first then we might as well just pack it up and call it a day, we ain't coming back. The injuries to the Oline were brutal. That many penalties is inexcusable. The play was terrible. 5-3 has never seemed so depressing.

4 minutes ago, MediocreGymnast said:

KC is worth more than 8 million more than AS.  We can't spend the saved cash on areas that could put up 30 or more points.

I actually don't think Smith played that bad today. Drops and penalties absolutely killed us. It felt like after every positive play the refs would throw a flag... usually, they threw it after the play was over once they saw it was necessary to negate a first down.

4 minutes ago, carex said:

why, we're the ones who support the actual team, rather than the one you make up in your head, that might exist if things changed

You don't exist in reality anymore than the "koolaid drinking" fans so why should we take you seriously?

wtf are you talking about? Sports fans shouldn't want the best possible team and fan experience, they should accept the slop that's ladled to them by the team in place no matter what and be thankful for it? That's ****ing stupid. I'll wait for you to walk it back. 

Jay sounds just as clueless and unaccountable as his brother has this year. 

9 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Preach. I’m sick of being told I’m not a true fan because I don’t support this organizations every move. 20 years of sheer disaster and the best we can do is mediocre. Enough is enough.

Its usually the whiners that blame every loss on the refs that questions other fans team loyalty because we tell what we see opposed to those same whiners who sugarcoat everything.  Simply unreal.

Archived