Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018-19 NCAA Basketball Thread

PleaseBlitz

6 minutes ago, China said:

If Purdue could hit free throws, this game wouldn't be close.

Neither team hit free throws, but Purdue missing them late dragged that game on.  Purdue was 16-33 and Tennessee was 14-28. Just brutal free throw shooting in a game where a lot of fouls were called. Otherwise, that was a fantastic game. 

9 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Gonzaga is gonna roll over Texas Tech.

I think UVA is going to struggle against Purdue though. 

UVA is going to have  trouble defending Purdue's offense.  I was impressed with how clean their off ball execution is.  That is a heady, well-coached team.  Texas Tech is a better match up for them.

Seth Greenberg said Edwards is having a Kemba Walker-esque tourney run and I can see it.  He has been very dynamic.

I think Texas Tech is well suited to defend Gonzaga's offense because of how good their perimeter  defense is.  Looked like the key to defending them was to get into Perkins's face and push Clarke out of the paint.  Perkins stops seeing the floor well against lengthy pressure.  Clarke definitely struggles on offense against length.  But he still makes a huge impact on defense and he pulls down a ton of big rebounds.  He'll get offensive boards, but you can't let him have a night where he catches the ball around the paint without immediately getting bodied.  Have to try and make him pass out of his touches.

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Does Coach K lose some fans if he loses with the greatest college basketball team ever assembled (per the press and fandom of a few months ago)?

No.

But IMO, the game has passed him. He has lost for a while with really stacked teams and this group doesn't look like there is a coherent strategy other than Zion going beastmode.

Roy Williams is a better coach than him now and actually builds better teams.

Archived