PleaseBlitz

2018-19 NCAA Basketball Thread

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

That's a lot of words to say "Nike pays better."

Michael Avennatti confirms thus

24 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Welp...we’re all Spartans now.

You don't have to be. You can be Zionists.

10 hours ago, clietas said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFe2n16xAET4DW0wGaWZy

Damn good game. My heart can't take much more tho. 

Yuge game by Tre Jones.

Tre developing is good for the program. He's not a lottery pick guy, so he will stay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Welp...we’re all Spartans now.

Plus would you rather have K put his arm around you or Izzo to berate you in a way that would make Bobby Knight blush?

52 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Plus would you rather have K put his arm around you or Izzo to berate you in a way that would make Bobby Knight blush?

If you put it that way, I’d really prefer to go kill a couple cold ones with Bob Huggin.

If you listen to both Izzo and Coach K in their post-game interviews, neither of them has a voice left.  I think over the years they've both spent so much time yelling at players that their voices are destroyed.

He was out of bounds there. Gonzaga screwed out of a possession. If there was any time on the shot clock

Trying to strip the ball before it was inbounded, proved to be a very bad decision.  

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I knew Gonzaga was going down.

Yeah, 3 of the top 8 teams going into this tournament are extremely hard to trust. Tennessee lost the other night, Gonzaga lost tonight, we will see if UVA can make it through soon enough. All of those teams have the talent to make the Final 4 and even win it all, but until they do it, it's hard to believe in any of them. 

Gonzaga could have won it all, but this Texas Tech team is legit.  They've got the ingredients of a championship team.

So does Purdue, IMO.  That team plays beautiful offensive basketball and they have some size inside to play defense.  They're a little soft on the glass, but Edwards has been the player of the tourney so far.  He's locked in.

People have pointed out that UVA has looked shaky, but all of the one seeds have at multiple points this tourney.  Duke has been even less inspiring, and people still seem confident they'll win it all.  The fact that they made it to the elite eight is a testament to Zion's individual greatness, because they have not been good the last two rounds.  They're going to need three more huge games from him to win.  If they get past Michigan State, Texas Tech is going to strap those guards up and shut down their transition game.

Purdue runs an NBA caliber motion offense and they have NBA three point shooting range.  They've been a revelation to me this tournament.  I watched them two years ago when they had Caleb Swanigan, but not since.  And this team is way better than that one was.

• Like 1

UVA settling for some junk.  Not setting good screens to get separation.

Bad fouls will haunt them in the second half too.

Well, they're bad shot making now.  Jerome is a dead eye.

Posted (edited)

Edwards is incredible.  Shooting through a hula hoop.

The UVA guards are pressing like Hell.  Taking crap shots.  They know they can't keep pace with the Purdue guards.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Cline is grabby.  Gets into foul trouble on lazy coverage through the screen.

Don't like that foul call on Hunter at all.

What a dumb foul!  Can't be doing that against a one seed.

Bailed UVA out of a god awful end of half possession.

I can’t believe UVA is only down a point after Purdue’s early onslaught. Credit to them for making adjustments and battling back. Also, Purdue is incredibly streaky... curious to see what happens in the second half.

8 threes in the half for Purdue.  

16 in a game?  That would be a huge number against UVA...and that’s what they might need.

God almighty Edwards!

This is fun.

30 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I can’t believe UVA is only down a point after Purdue’s early onslaught. Credit to them for making adjustments and battling back. Also, Purdue is incredibly streaky... curious to see what happens in the second half. 

UVA is one of the few defenses tough enough to get through these screens and hedge these pick and rolls hard enough to cut them off.  This is a fun match up of two strengths.

• Like 3

Edwards cant miss.  Virginia’s offense is keeping them ahead, because no defense can stop Edwards right now.  

Edwards has been must see since the start of the big 10 tournament. As much as I like Virginia I want to see more Carson Edwards. Great game so far.