Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018-19 NCAA Basketball Thread

PleaseBlitz

i want hunter on the wizards if zion is not available. 

Culver is too inconsistent. He had like 3 points first half. He need to play the full game. Plus he's a guard. The Wizards ain't need guards. 

Hunter be playing the 3 with Wall and Beal in 2019. Then he just drops 6 million three pointers like he did in tournament and Wizards are good again 

Congrats to UVA for winning. The bottom line is they made the plays late and their opponents didn't. Each of the last 3 games, UVA could have lost. But they made the plays and shots while the other team couldn’t. That is the difference in many games. Make the plays you need to make and keep making them late. 

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

This all proves how piss poor a job Coach K did this year. I'd throw Cailpari in there too but I'm afraid of 50 more pages about UK. 😁

If your entire team is McDonald's all americans...you probably should be in the final four every year.

Coach K definitely under performed given his Nike recruits. 

Cal's boys started the year sketchy and had inconsistency at times so I wasn't hopeful about our run this year. Getting to the Sweet 16 was a good run for that group considering the year they had, even if the talking heads were building them up, I didn't agree with any of that silliness.

Duke however should have ran the table, it shouldn't have even been close.

12 hours ago, Destino said:

Over/under was 118 and all day the talking heads complained the game would be boring.  

I filled out 1 bracket this year, the day before the First Four. I picked UVA to win, and 118 was the total I put for tiebreaker. I should have put money on it...

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

This all proves how piss poor a job Coach K did this year. I'd throw Cailpari in there too but I'm afraid of 50 more pages about UK. 😁

If your entire team is McDonald's all americans...you probably should be in the final four every year.

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Cal's boys started the year sketchy and had inconsistency at times so I wasn't hopeful about our run this year. Getting to the Sweet 16 was a good run for that group considering the year they had, even if the talking heads were building them up, I didn't agree with any of that silliness.

I don't blame the coaching, but more of the recruiting choices. Did K build his program on lottery picks? Not really. Laettner, Battier, Dunleavy, etc—decent pros, but the knock was always that Duke stars weren't stars at the next level. Tre Jones and O'Connell are as close to a Classic Duke player on the roster right now. It didn't feel like Duke basketball this year, yes more star power and explosive dunks and blocks—but not really a lot of the sound fundamental basketball, great shooting, the tough defenders slapping the floor, diving for loose balls, jumping the passing lanes, or guys taking charges. They didn't even have guy who could make a decent entry pass into the post. 

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

"Nike recruits" 😁

Are you seriously acting like anything that has possibly been going on at Duke isn't also going on at least as much at Kentucky during the Calipari years?

4 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

. . . ignores  part about "decent pros . . . weren't stars at the next level." But that's your thing. 

And you ignored mentioning Grant Hill, Jay Williams, Elton Brand, and even Carlos Boozer - a guy who actually supports your way more than the players you listed - among others.

Coach K has always gotten premium talent to play at Duke. That is what McDonalds All Americans are.

And the "decent pros" part is also irrelevant. Coach K has gotten the best college players to play at Duke. Thats what Duke had during his tenure.

I honestly never understand the arguments about college basketball coaches. I really don't. The most important talent for all of them is recruiting. If they are good at that, they are good at their jobs. Or they have really effective alumni.

Anyway, that game last night did not suck. It was borderline well played.

Though I'm still trying to figure out why on the most important play of the year, a great defensive team with a three point lead is sending three guys to contest a layup in the last minute of a game in which the only offensive strategy that worked was "drive and kick to a three point shooter."

Also, every time they said "Guy," I was hoping for Teddy Riley in a white suit.

Honestly, ACC teams find the most punchable white teenagers in America and say, "You shall be my shooting guard."

29 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Honestly, ACC teams find the most punchable white teenagers in America and say, "You shall be my shooting guard."

Winning formula. Every team needs at least one scrappy white kid that can shoot and play D. 

Hell that's been my whole game since kindergarten. Stand around while everyone goes after the real athletes. Then drain the open jump shot.

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

"Nike recruits" 😁

Are you seriously acting like anything that has possibly been going on at Duke isn't also going on at least as much at Kentucky during the Calipari years?

Did you miss the multipage strident defense of Calipari's ethical record and nevermind about anything from Memphis or UMass?

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

"Nike recruits" 😁

Rich Barnhardt UK A.D. told Cal he wanted a clean program when he hired. It was one of the main reasons Cal sat Enes Cantor.

27 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Did you miss the multipage strident defense of Calipari's ethical record and nevermind about anything from Memphis or UMass?

Some people get so annoyed by facts.

That said name a SINGLE fact (not speculation or wet dreams) that shows Calipari's involvement in EITHER case at UMass or Memphis. I'll wait....

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I honestly never understand the arguments about college basketball coaches. I really don't. The most important talent for all of them is recruiting. If they are good at that, they are good at their jobs. Or they have really effective alumni.

You must have never seen Mark Turgeon coach. That guy recruits a good bit of talent and then doesn’t know what to do with it. 

This is where I felt it broke down for TT. Mooney had been hot near the end of the game (especially the 3 pointers), and starting out in OT. The problem was he felt what could go wrong with the streak at this point, so he went ahead at took another chance. This time he was further out of the line.

I set it at the point of his 3 pointer attempt

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Rich Barnhardt UK A.D. told Cal he wanted a clean program when he hired. It was one of the main reasons Cal sat Enes Cantor. 

Some people get so annoyed by facts. 

That said name a SINGLE fact (not speculation or wet dreams) that shows Calipari's involvement in EITHER case at UMass or Memphis. I'll wait.... 

LOL, Enes Kanter didn't play because the NCAA deemed him ineligible.  Calipari's ethics had nothing to do with that, in fact he fought for Kanter's eligibility.  You are the only person in America who thinks that Kentucky program doesn't swim in the exact same soup as Duke and every other program that pulls in top recruits, and it is a demonstration of a comical lack of self awareness to see a die-hard Kentucky fan trying to clown Duke fans for their players pulling in shoe company money.

5 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Anyway, that game last night did not suck. It was borderline well played.

Though I'm still trying to figure out why on the most important play of the year, a great defensive team with a three point lead is sending three guys to contest a layup in the last minute of a game in which the only offensive strategy that worked was "drive and kick to a three point shooter."

Also, every time they said "Guy," I was hoping for Teddy Riley in a white suit.

Which is reason A as to why Chris Mullin is on his way out at St. John's. 

50 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

LOL, Enes Kanter didn't play because the NCAA deemed him ineligible.  Calipari's ethics had nothing to do with that, in fact he fought for Kanter's eligibility.  You are the only person in America who thinks that Kentucky program doesn't swim in the exact same soup as Duke and every other program that pulls in top recruits, and it is a demonstration of a comical lack of self awareness to see a die-hard Kentucky fan trying to clown Duke fans for their players pulling in shoe company money.

Enes Kanter was under investigation at the beginning of the season which is why Cal sat him.

As for the rest of your post I'll just point out that you didn't offer ANYTHING that might prove your accusations. Just conspiracy theories.

Archived