Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety Clinton Dix to the skins

KillBill26

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Why is the NFL so trade crazy? Does anyone remember a year like this? So many teams going nuts getting rid of their good players? Is there an amazing draft coming up? Is there something going on with the cap?

Yes actually there is, you will be hamstrung in signing free agent going into new CBA. My understanding is no long term deals after next year, will have to be a 1 or 2 year deal ending before cba expires, trying to find article, but a bit tough to find.

12 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I love what McVay is doing, but am very curious to see what will happen when Goff commands 6x his current salary. The guy is so smart that it's hard to doubt that he has a long term plan in place. I just have no idea how he'll do it... 

Looks like his plan is to try to win a couple SB's by then and then cross that bridge. Which is what all teams who have a young franchise QB on a cheap 5-year rookie deal should be doing --it's the best way to "cheat" the salary cap market and field a dominant team for a few years at a time. 

36 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

The Rams may win it all this year, but then those salaries will trigger a mass exodus of players in free agency.  The Rams next year may look nothing like they do now.

The Rams have to get through us first... And everyone keeps forgetting how we man handle them in the trenches...where the game is won!!

39 minutes ago, thebeermonkey said:

If they don’t win it this year they are doomed. In fact even if they are they are doomed. 

Suh is on one year deal. So he walks after the year. They  are not doomed. Just won't have the talent they have now. They are 8-0 and clearly pushing for a super bowl this year. 

It was a good trade for them and cheap.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

The Rams have to get through us first... And everyone keeps forgetting how we man handle them in the trenches...where the game is won!!

Okay this made me laugh. Come on guys slow down. Diehard fan but let's get real. The Rams are a better team all around. 

We need to worry about the Falcons they're fighting for there season. This week is going to be tough and if this offense doesn't wake up. Sunday is going to be a long day.

4 hours ago, Poindexter said:

Not sure if I like this or not.  Well we have the two top PFF rated safeties in the NFL right now.  I'm sure it hurts the development of Nicholson....we will have to wait and see what we gave up and how we plan on making this thing work.

Nothing personal, but I hate reading posts about how acquiring a player hurts the development of another player.  I look at it this way, it makes our secondary that much stronger and Nicholson is great depth to have and gets to pick the brains of the top two safeties in the league right now.  

18 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Okay this made me laugh. Come on guys slow down. Diehard fan but let's get real. The Rams are a better team all around. 

We need to worry about the Falcons they're fighting for there season. This week is going to be tough and if this offense doesn't wake up. Sunday is going to be a long day.

I am real..I understand one game at a time but I'd bet on the Skins if they(skins/Rams)played tommorow

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

just checked out the GB point of view a little

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/30/breaking-down-the-packers-trade-of-s-ha-ha-clinton-dix/

Through the past two seasons, Clinton-Dix can more or less be described as follows: assignment sound, average speed, loathes contact, takes poor pursuit angles, arm tackles and, in general, shies away from physicality. He can be counted on to be in the right area, but during frequent media sessions he’s demonstrated an aversion to taking personal responsibility, though his on-field performances don’t ring a “lead by example” bell. Look around a pile when the Packers tackle an opposing ball carrier. More often than not, you’d say a variety of Packers jumping in and making an effort. Outside that bubble you’ll spot Clinton-Dix, standing in position but just that – standing. Perhaps the biggest issue, when lumped into a singular indictment, has been Clinton-Dix’s complete lack of effort.

ECED6443-D811-406F-BFA7-DD2971F2079B.thu

I'll take his lack of effort along with Swearinger's.

I know I haven’t posted in a while. Not to get into why too much and make this about me, but just in case anyone was wondering my mother fell critically ill towards the end of July and then passed away on August 8th. It was very unexpected and sudden, so tough to take, hence the absence. I want to say thank you to everyone who reached out and asked about my whereabouts, you guys know who you are and I certainly know now who I consider true friends on here.

But enough of that. 

I wanted to break my silence here because I absolutely love this move! At least with what I know as of now, which is not much more than Ha Ha is considered elite by PFF, lol.  

This is what those of us who’ve been clamoring for better from Bruce Allen, who is essentially the Alex Smith of football executives, were looking for. 

If you’re going to make a trade for a 34 year old vet QB, give up what we gave up, then pay him what we paid, YOU SHOULD BE ALL IN AND SUPER AGGRESSIVE. That’s the time to strike. Yes, have the basic overarching philosophy of building through the draft and being frugal in FA (to a degree), but wisdom is about knowing when to do things, not just what to do. 

Is there risk here? Absolutely.

You risk affecting the chemistry Swearinger has built with Nicholson. You risk alienating Nicholson and discouraging his growth and development. You risk a 2019 4th rounder that we’ve actually been pretty decent at picking players with the last few years. 

But the reward? You might have the best Safety play in the league from here on out. You answer the moves from your division rivals to bolster their receiving corps’. You add another presence in the secondary that can force the QB to hold onto the ball that much longer, allowing our very good pass rush more time. And you signal to everyone in the locker room that we’re all in and they need to be, too. 

Now, I don’t know how much of this was actually Bruce or not, but until I find out otherwise I’m happy that he either made the move or allowed someone to make it. 

This is a step forward for an FO that consistently puts too much on its coaches/players to overcome, plays it way too safe in the team-building department, and/or has historically focused on the wrong positions. And although the absolutely horrendous resource management at the QB position might limit this team for years to come, these type of moves help mitigate it. Hopefully it works out, but I think it shows forward thinking and the right mindset at the highest levels. Good stuff!  

Dix is a true free safety I think who can also match up with slot receivers.

Interesting move. I’m not a huge fan of spending draft picks on short term rentals (though I suppose there is the possibility of a comp draft pick for him) and I thought corner was more of a need than safety - but he makes us better. Also allows Swearinger to spend more time closer to the line of scrimmage.

Archived