KillBill26

Safety Clinton Dix to the skins

I love the move. Our next half of the schedule sports some awesome receiver groups. If he walks they get a comp pick back for him. Solid move imo

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

With DJ holding Sean's old 36, I wonder what number Dix will take here? Do we have a 20 here?

Wait, that's Kelley. 22, 37, are 35 taken as well. Interesting question.

I’m guessing #27.  The only available number left in the 20’s.  I predicted Peterson would wear #26 so trust me on these things ?

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 2

When was the last time you saw a 5-2 team make a big trade like this at the trade deadline and actually had optimism about the Redskins season. When was the last time you were actually PUMPED at work seeing something like this break? 

It's been a damn long time boys. The blueprint was last year when the FO had a commitment to D and they built on that. First the run game. Now the passing game. Our D used to be a laughingstock. Team ran all on us. Teams aired it all over. Now they ain't do that. 

Fix that Offense and we might have a pretty damn good club here in the nation's Capital. I'm so excited. :hi::headbang::redskins-3908::247::football:

• Like 10

He’s in a contract year so I’m assuming we’re just renting him for this year only? When is Swearingers contract up?

Kudos to Bruce for pulling this one off.  Maybe instead of hoping he gets hit by a train, I'll pull back to just hoping he ****s his pants everyday for the rest of his life.  

Welcome, Ha Ha.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

Sheesh... Shocking move.  But for a 4th!  Im surprised no one offered up a 3rd.  Good safeties aren't just falling out of trees. 

A shiny new receiver would have been nice.  I wonder if the FO tried to make a move on Tate.  Our defense is legit, young and only getting better.

Edited by Idaho fan

27 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like that he can single cover slot receivers

And the iggles thought they were slick getting Golden Tate to play the slot. :evil:

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Hoff on 106.7 just said that Nicholson apparently is dinged up, something that wasn't really public knowledge.  Plus Apke going to the IR puts our safeties in tough shape.  HEALTHY safeties are DJ, Everette, and Ladler. 

That makes me feel better.  I'm happy we have Clinton-Dix, but still want Montae to keep developing through playing time.

24 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Golden Tate to the eagles, Skins counter with HaHa.

Exactly, we will see your Tate and raise you two Hahas beagles.  Love the trade, because we have not had a quality FS since the man himself ST IMO.

Baffled by this, but not for the usual reasons.

This guy is playing great and the Packers are still in contention. 

Who did he piss off?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hooper said:

Baffled by this, but not for the usual reasons.

This guy is playing great and the Packers are still in contention. 

Who did he piss off?

No one. Last month Haha said he was leaving for free agency next offseason. They didn’t want to wait for the comp pick so moved him now

• Like 1

We already have arguably the best D in the NFC and we replaced the one weakness we had with a Pro Bowl talent for just a 4th. Normally I don't like giving up draft picks for likely rentals but I'm fine with this. This pick will likely be in the 110 range so its worth the gamble.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000981613/article/packers-s-ha-ha-clintondix-traded-to-redskins

Pretty cool!

Can he play Corner?  We'll need him for that mostly.  Small, but major point: he can't wear 21. 

Edited by C26 Run
  • Confused 1