Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety Clinton Dix to the skins

KillBill26

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

With DJ holding Sean's old 36, I wonder what number Dix will take here? Do we have a 20 here?

Wait, that's Kelley. 22, 37, are 35 taken as well. Interesting question.

I’m guessing #27.  The only available number left in the 20’s.  I predicted Peterson would wear #26 so trust me on these things ?

When was the last time you saw a 5-2 team make a big trade like this at the trade deadline and actually had optimism about the Redskins season. When was the last time you were actually PUMPED at work seeing something like this break? 

It's been a damn long time boys. The blueprint was last year when the FO had a commitment to D and they built on that. First the run game. Now the passing game. Our D used to be a laughingstock. Team ran all on us. Teams aired it all over. Now they ain't do that. 

Fix that Offense and we might have a pretty damn good club here in the nation's Capital. I'm so excited. :hi::headbang::redskins-3908::247::football:

Sheesh... Shocking move.  But for a 4th!  Im surprised no one offered up a 3rd.  Good safeties aren't just falling out of trees. 

A shiny new receiver would have been nice.  I wonder if the FO tried to make a move on Tate.  Our defense is legit, young and only getting better.

14 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Hoff on 106.7 just said that Nicholson apparently is dinged up, something that wasn't really public knowledge.  Plus Apke going to the IR puts our safeties in tough shape.  HEALTHY safeties are DJ, Everette, and Ladler. 

That makes me feel better.  I'm happy we have Clinton-Dix, but still want Montae to keep developing through playing time.

Just now, Hooper said:

Baffled by this, but not for the usual reasons.

This guy is playing great and the Packers are still in contention. 

Who did he piss off?

No one. Last month Haha said he was leaving for free agency next offseason. They didn’t want to wait for the comp pick so moved him now

We already have arguably the best D in the NFC and we replaced the one weakness we had with a Pro Bowl talent for just a 4th. Normally I don't like giving up draft picks for likely rentals but I'm fine with this. This pick will likely be in the 110 range so its worth the gamble.

Archived