Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety Clinton Dix to the skins

KillBill26

I actually don't blame Ha Ha at all. I think that free safety is one of the more variable roles in the defense. You have to completely understand the scheme, every players' role, how the defense adjusts to any given call, etc. So, how does one do that midseason? It's more than knowing the call or the play. It's knowing everything and what every single player is doing.

I suspect in some ways, it might even be harder than being an incoming QB because the role is so reactive. 

If I'm right about this, then the problem isn't Ha Ha. It's that it was a dumb trade. Sure, it's an upgrade in talent that would work in Madden, but Madden and reality just aren't the same.

Sure it takes time to get acquainted which is why I was shocked to see him play so much vs. Atlanta after being here a few days.

That said, all the negative stuff about him has been on display that doesn’t necessarily have much to do with scheme.  He takes bad angles and appears to have no desire to hit anyone.  Which is perplexing for a guy  that says he looks up to Sean Taylor.

Except being out of position and taking bad angles could be a symptom of not knowing the scheme well enough of needing to think through steps and responsibilities instead of reacting. So, I still put Clinton-Dix's woes more on the trade and the wrongful choice to get him than on Ha Ha himself.

Then again, I'm quibbling. It's probably both... and, in fairness, by now, I expect you are right, he should have had time to acclimate. We should have seen a large jump in efficiency.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ll give it to you, you were one of the few not real excited about the Haha acquisition, and wanted to see more Nicholson. 

The laughs on us with Haha, I can’t say I’ve loathed a player in such a short period of time before.

It wasn’t so much an indictment on the trade for Haha, as I don’t have any feelings on him either way, just loved me some Nicholson lol. 

Defense for years has lacked speed and he has it, but also showed he can play. 

This defense is playing like its attempting a ku (if that's how you spell it....maybe not). They know they're not making the playoffs, they've lost their QBs, the offense sucks and they don't like the way things are running (in practice) or even how the defense is called during the games. And oh by the way, they're all under contract next year except for Smith. Plus they get a paycheck after every game. I'm not saying they don't care, but they don't care right now. I mean, where's the incentive other than pride? The hard truth is, pride will get them injured and out for the year and into the next. An injured player during this off season is in a compromising place. And with this team, you don't know whats going to happen with the organization, so you have to make business decisions until the season is over. In other words, you have to stay healthy. If this was HS or college, I can see the pride thing. But this is their livelihood. There's enough film on these guys to where they don't have to worry about not getting picked up. So if you find yourself watching bad football the next three weeks, remember this.

Think about this (or not)

You can't come out being one of the more dominant defenses in the league, then suddenly fall off a cliff with no injuries. DJ's comments about how practice was run was marginalized in public by both Gruden and Manusky. Say what you want about Clinton-Dix, but you don't go from being a pro bowler to being a guy that can't determine angles. This is (somebody help me spell that word)!!!!!

The **** stains will come out the draws when the season is over. Right now it stinks!!!

Who gets axed if that's the case? Who's to blame? I'm leaning more and moe towards Jay but I'm so wooried about getting someone worse.

I think players are frustrated all around and think this coach and organization is cursed or ******ed.

Who can make players forgot all that is happening around them and  play their hearts out for the sake of pride in football?

That's what makes what they do up their in New England special over all these years. Yeah they have an all time great ocd QB who has ice water running through his veins. BUt how the hell did they establish that pride and old school mentality.

4 hours ago, joeken24 said:

This defense is playing like its attempting a ku (if that's how you spell it....maybe not)...... 

... This is (somebody help me spell that word)!!!!!

I believe the word you're looking for is a "coup". 

But coup, or not, this defense is frustrating as all hell to watch the last few weeks.  

9 hours ago, Burgold said:

Except being out of position and taking bad angles could be a symptom of not knowing the scheme well enough of needing to think through steps and responsibilities instead of reacting. So, I still put Clinton-Dix's woes more on the trade and the wrongful choice to get him than on Ha Ha himself.

Then again, I'm quibbling. It's probably both... and, in fairness, by now, I expect you are right, he should have had time to acclimate. We should have seen a large jump in efficiency.

Problem is...the bad angles, being out of position and poor tackling were the exact complaints the GB media had about him when the trade happened.  At the time i hoped it was just them justifying the trade, but it's obvious now that is just who he is. 

12 hours ago, Burgold said:

If I'm right about this, then the problem isn't Ha Ha. It's that it was a dumb trade. Sure, it's an upgrade in talent that would work in Madden, but Madden and reality just aren't the same.

Woah there Burg, Madden and reality aren't the same!?!  Back off, son.

Let me tell you that I won the Super Bowl in Madden and nobody is taking that away from me. It really happened. It's real. I play Madden, therefore I am.

18 hours ago, joeken24 said:

The **** stains will come out the draws when the season is over. Right now it stinks!!!

Dude, you made my day -- maybe my month -- with that comment. I'm dying over here! I definitely get what you're saying. Something is up between many of those guys on D and coaching. I tend to give Rev. Swearinger the benefit of the doubt when considering the two.

I don't know many dudes that politic. And when I say dudes, I mean football players. We had a QB a while back that politic-ed. But for the most part, you get what you get with players. They're not going to keep it real per se. But they're not going to outright bull**** us. You'll get the I gotta go back and watch the film **** or we all gotta do our job ****, but that's more about not outing your teammate (clear throat Clinton-Dix). You may cuss him out (or even knock his ass out when nobody is looking if it comes to that) but you keep that **** out the media.

On the other hand, I've heard pure unadulterated politicking from GMs and Coaches....Hell its their job. So there in lays the problem with this defense.

So note to coaches: When one of you real ones speak out about improving as a team, your job when talking to the media is to shut the **** up and say no comment.

For all who have an ear, let him hear.

Thinking more and more about this trade and the way they handled the whole benching of Nicholson. Lets start the firing of whoever is letting him play. The guy is giving no effort at all. How the hell are you as Head Coach not seeing this and stepping in. They all need to go and if we don't stop getting played for fools by Dan Snyder and his poorly run organization than he is going to lose even more and fans.

7 hours ago, JPG said:

Thinking more and more about this trade and the way they handled the whole benching of Nicholson. Lets start the firing of whoever is letting him play. The guy is giving no effort at all. How the hell are you as Head Coach not seeing this and stepping in. They all need to go and if we don't stop getting played for fools by Dan Snyder and his poorly run organization than he is going to lose even more and fans.

Yeh i don't know if he's not giving effort or if he just isn't as good as we thought...

Just really would love to hear someone give an explanation of why we made the trade to begin with. i remember being slightly excited because he is a known playmaker, but immediately thinking, why a safety? We have our own young, homegrown talent that is playing well enough. It just doesn't make sense unless something else is going on.

Then I would love to hear an explanation of why nothing has been done about it since.

I really hate to point to this, and i know it is obviously not the only reason, but it is quite a coincidence that our defense went downhill after this trade. Of course Dunbar going down, and the offensive struggles are other contributing factors, but there hasn't been a lot of other changes on the defense to point to. 

Nicholson is a legit cover 3 safety. Let him roam and play sideline to sideline 20 yards off ball. 

DJ and HAHA seem to do better in the box. Please put them 3 on field together situationally and increase team speed and play making. Treat HAHA/DJ as Cravens was being groomed a hybrid safety/LB. Both high IQ guys that are more quick than fast and belong in the box. Though, DJ does okay at FS. 

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The easy, botched int was an absolute killer today.  Would’ve changed the whole game, I think.

Ive seen enough.

Pretty sure I saw #20 flash on a play where the screen runner was back deep on a 3rd and long.  #20 wished to avoid contact and flew off the screen to the right.  The runner proceeded to make a first down.  I think the Titans scored an FG on that drive.

On 12/15/2018 at 3:29 PM, NickyJ said:

Can we all just take a moment and say "**** PFF ratings"? That's where most of the hype he was getting came from. "Oh look, HaHa has good ratings from PFF, he MUST be good!"

Dsi1OcDXcAA_kJF.jpg

DqgQg4EXcAAjr6V.jpg

This is why stats and rankings don’t mean anything. Your eyes tell you more as a fan than anything. 

Archived