Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stand Up Comedians

AsburySkinsFan

Thank you for bringing this back. 

I just watch whatever now. 

Nothing that I see these days makes me. 

I want to take my wife to a comedy show...just never know who to take her to see. 

I've seen legends, so it is hard to even know who those might be these days. 

I only hope you get comedians that are still alive...or actually still do live shows. 

Didn't care for Rogan's past stand up show, but I did like Strange Times. Asshole = Good?

I'm a fan of Bill Burr's, his stand up is great. There are a few on Netflix. I enjoyed Iliza Shlesinger's stand up. I also have Bert Kreischer next on the list to watch. I tried Ari Shaffir, but I couldn't get into it.

Kyle Dunnigan has these 1 min clips on youtube.

23 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Didn't care for Rogan's past stand up show, but I did like Strange Times. Asshole = Good?

I like how he pisses everyone off at various points as he shines an uncomfotably harsh light on some pretty screwed up stuff in our society.

I watch a lot of stand up and one thing that I’ve realized is that I normally like a comedian’s early work better than their late work. Mostly because their late work (if they got rich) is all about their rich life now which makes them really unrelateable. I watched Ron White’s “If You Quit Listening I’ll Shut Up” same thing, and same with Gabriel Iglesias. 

Rogan's new joint was pretty solid.  Ali Wong is somebody I was recently introduced to, she's got two specials on Netflix and the newer one was good.  Wong is a lot like Amy Schumer but wittier punch lines and not quite as vulgar.  I see brother PB is hip to Mulaney as well.  His Netflix special made me LOL a lot.  Love most of Bill Burr's stuff.  I think Lewis Black has a new special coming to HBO later this year? 

RIP George Carlin, my favorite stand up comedian ever.  "You ever notice how other people's stuff is ****, and your **** is stuff?" 

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

See, I had the exact opposite reaction. It seemed like rehashed material to me, only one or two really good segments. Rogan had me busting up all the way through.

It's definitely not Ron White's strongest material, for sure.  Rogan gets better each time out, I think.  The new one is his best one.

Not a fan of any female comic trying to go for shock value by talking about vaginas.  Flame away on that one.

41 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not a fan of any female comic trying to go for shock value by talking about vaginas.  Flame away on that one.

Besides Ellen. Since she is not active in that way, I won't include her. 

The rest of them are always talking about the same stuff. 

I loved Rogan's I'm Gonna Be Dead Somebody show.  Then I watched another of his a couple years ago and it was dull as dirt.  The new one is very good, though. I also liked Ricky Gervais' last one. Carlin was the all time great. Russell Peters earlier stuff was great, but last I saw was boring.

Mitch Hedberg's only special was brilliant. Sucks he died. 

And +1 for Bill Burr...

For recent stuff (last 10 years), I like Bill Burr, John Mulaney, Patton Oswalt, Jim Jeffries, and some older Louis CK.

Growing up, Sam Kinnison was the funniest comedian I ever saw... I have never seen anyone that made me laugh more.  Eddie Murphy Delerious was the only thing that came close.

1 hour ago, Nerm said:

For recent stuff (last 10 years), I like Bill Burr, John Mulaney, Patton Oswalt, Jim Jeffries, and some older Louis CK.

Growing up, Sam Kinnison was the funniest comedian I ever saw... I have never seen anyone that made me laugh more.  Eddie Murphy Delerious was the only thing that came close.

Eddie Murphy “Delirious” was the funniest things I’ve ever heard. My friends and I all had it memorized. It still cracks me up and I got to introduce my 16 year old son to it, now he quotes bits of it to me

16 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Eddie Murphy “Delirious” was the funniest things I’ve ever heard. My friends and I all had it memorized. It still cracks me up and I got to introduce my 16 year old son to it, now he quotes bits of it to me

That's the red suit one that was filmed at Constitution Hall, right?  The purple suit one is still pretty good but not as funny.

Archived