Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: Meltdown in the Meadowlands Metlife Stadium?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win, the 1st place team or the last place team?

• Washington Redskins
    • New York Giants
    • Tie between worst and first.

8 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

We’re making this way deeper than it needs to be.

if we are the good team we claim to be, we win. 

Its that simple 

Spoken in the words of our legendary coach, we need to fight our guts out.  We can't even for a minute think this one is going to be easy.  We need to get on top of them early and never lift off the gas petal.

Here's the thing about this game.  I am picking the 'Skins to win.  Something along the lines of a 23-17 type game.

However, until this offense can finish drives and score more points, it is hard not to feel uneasy about every game, especially divisional games on the road.

The Dallas game, the 'Skins pushed the Cowboys physically all over the field the entire game. With the exception of 1 busted coverage, it was borderline domination, but because the offense couldn't put the game away, it ended up close and coming down to a missed FG.

Now, overall the Giants are a worse team than Dallas, but I think ODBJr & Barkley are better than the combo of Zeke/Any Cowboys WR.  So I am not putting it outside the realm of possibility that the Giants will rip a big play here and there.  It will be up to the 'Skins offense to pour on enough points that the game doesn't come down a single busted coverage.

Stupid fact of the day!

Eli has worse numbers against the Redskins then either the Cowboys or Eagles, but the Giants seem to always find a way to win.

Vs Team     Record     Comp %     Yards     TD's     INT's     Rate

Redskins     18-9          57.6%        6179      29        25          78.0

Cowboys     13-15        62.5%        6953      50        28          89.5

Eagles         10-19        59.2%        7494      51        33          83.9

Giants' Alec Ogletree: Ruled out for Week 8

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/giants-alec-ogletree-ruled-out-for-week-8/

Averaging 6.9 tackles per game both this season and for his career, Ogletree has played every snap on defense through the first seven weeks. His workload will be covered by some combination of B.J. Goodson, Nathan Stupar and Tae Davis, which is a minor dose of good news for Washington's Alex Smith and Adrian Peterson.

Another starting defensive player out for this week.

27 minutes ago, Audible_Red40 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/giants-alec-ogletree-ruled-out-for-week-8/

The Gints are in full on tank mode at this point.  It wouldn't surprise me if they just have Eli throw it right to Josh Norman for the pick 6.  Anything to secure that #1 overall selection.

27 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh man. Literally everything is playing out to be a huge redskins win...this is strange. These things never happen for us.

are the football gods on our side this year? ? 

Means the Skins will lose, final week of 2016 all over again. 

Crowder is out

Dunbar is questionable, practiced on side field today

Among the other players listed as questionable remain running back Chris Thompson (ribs/knee) and wide receiver Paul Richarson Jr. (shoulder/knee). Both of them missed last week’s game against Dallas but have been practicing this week and their chances to play Sunday seem hopeful.

“We're playing it by ear,” Gruden said when it came to Thompson. “We've game planned as if he's going to play like we have the last couple weeks but we'll get a better feel [Friday] for red zone day and Saturday morning. But, we're hopeful, fingers crossed. But ultimately, it's going to be up to him and Larry [Head Athletic Trainer Larry Hess]."

When it comes to Richardson, Gruden seemed more optimistic.

“He's got some good work in and so we are hopeful that he will be ready to go,” Gruden said. “But again, he's the type of guy we have to really keep a close eye on the day after a good day’s work and make sure he's good to go. He's a tough guy really, really tough. He wants to play all the time but we have to do what we think is right for him and obviously for this football team."

Linebacker Zach Brown missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday with flu-like symptoms, but was able to return to the field on Friday. He's in line to play Sunday.

https://www.redskins.com/news/wasvsnyg-injury-report-quinton-dunbar-questionable-jamison-crowder-out

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh man. Literally everything is playing out to be a huge redskins win...this is strange. These things never happen for us.

are the football gods on our side this year? ? 

This is what Ive been saying..kinda..over in the conspiracy theory thread...but I think ya have a good point.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This is Alex's coming out party !

380+..4 tds..I can see it.. Malcolm Floyd gets game ball..

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Staying the course... predicting a Giants win... with a similar score as that dreadful loss in week 17 1/1

No pressure, nothing to lose, us all high on our horse....

NY Go fer 2 Giants 29, Skins 20. 

Jus when everyone starts getting along..

2 hours ago, Audible_Red40 said:

And another backup who will play really really hungry to try to win a starting job in the NFL ;)

I like Keim but I think Snacks has a point here.  I re-watched the last Redskins-Giants game on coaches tape in the off season and the Redskins almost went completely outside zone with their runs to avoid him.  Snacks is a beast.

Doug Farrar liked

Damon Harrison Sr. Retweeted John Keim

??? how many 3rd down runs? Or how many of them came directly at me or anywhere near me? Think with your brain John...cool numbers though bro.

Damon Harrison Sr. added,

John KeimVerified account @john_keim
According to @ESPNStatsInfo the Giants allowed 5.19 yards per carry on 117 run plays when Damon Harrison was on the field. Allowed 2.75 on 69 runs without Harrison on the field... (Last year: 3.89 when he was on the field.). Why? Dunno. Point is: Don't assume this cripples NY
15 replies33 retweets288 likes

3 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Among the other players listed as questionable remain running back Chris Thompson (ribs/knee) and wide receiver Paul Richarson Jr. (shoulder/knee). Both of them missed last week’s game against Dallas but have been practicing this week and their chances to play Sunday seem hopeful.

“We're playing it by ear,” Gruden said when it came to Thompson. “We've game planned as if he's going to play like we have the last couple weeks but we'll get a better feel [Friday] for red zone day and Saturday morning. But, we're hopeful, fingers crossed. But ultimately, it's going to be up to him and Larry [Head Athletic Trainer Larry Hess]."

I put that Thompson injury on Alex Smith so that's the one injury where I am not sympathetic as to him missing weapons.  That lob pass to Thompson in front of the red zone with a Saints player draped right behind him -- came off outright cruel.  I know it wasn't intentional but i thought that was a dumb pass and even more frustrating was that it was done when the game was already out of hand. 

Archived