Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skins island connection

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: Meltdown in the Meadowlands Metlife Stadium?

Who wins the game?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win, the 1st place team or the last place team?

• Washington Redskins
    • New York Giants
    • Tie between worst and first.

Never sleep on a team that consistently has had your number, no matter how down they seem. They want nothing more than to stick it to us on Sunday. Show up with an edge and dominate them. Let’s go SKINS SHOW UP AND SHOW OUT!! HTTR!!

51 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Lol!!!  The Mara conspiracy theory!!  Just a joke...

Man, if Mara can pull something off to make these Giants turn their season around, there should be a federal probe opened on the NFL.

The GD Giants... I hate that it's difficult to be optimistic even when we're playing reasonably well and they're tanking. As long as Eli continues to play like Eli, we shouldn't have any issue doing to them what we just did to Dallas. Hopefully we'll convert from inside the 5 and avoid turning a dominant game into a nailbiter.

ESPN just had the matchup on the bottom with 58% the giants win. 

I dont usually care about the media stuff, but come on. That's just rude.

Looks like they are using this as a rally cry and come out with incredible heart and outplay us. Jay better have the guys ready - the players better get themselves ready. If they come into this thinking the team is tanking and it's an easy win  then they will get stomped. So far that is how it's been. Jay can exercise some demons with a strong performance Sunday. 

Here is the article the quote below came from: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000978158/article/giants-players-not-throwing-in-the-towel-on-2018

"We're not throwing in the towel at all, man. I honestly think that's disrespectful to us players," cornerback B.W. Webb said, via the New York Post. "We don't go into any game thinking we're just gonna throw it away. We fight every week, there are people out there playing for their families, their kids, for each other. It's disrespectful when we hear that, somebody say we're tanking or something like that."

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The Giants have lost some close games to the Falcons and Panthers. I wouldn't sleep on them in the least bit.

The point differential is one thing...but the fact that they held the Falcons to 23 points in Atlanta was eye-opening to me. That's a team that scores pretty easily. We are not. And we're traveling. This feels like a game where we need to hold them to 14 points....

18 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The Giants have lost some close games to the Falcons and Panthers. I wouldn't sleep on them in the least bit.

Mara is probably kicking himself for not getting Goodell to schedule us earlier in the season for their get right game just like old times when they started out 0-2 or 1-3 and then played us. Then naturally finished strong and went to the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Looks like they are using this as a rally cry and come out with incredible heart and outplay us. Jay better have the guys ready - the players better get themselves ready. If they come into this thinking the team is tanking and it's an easy win  then they will get stomped. So far that is how it's been. Jay can exercise some demons with a strong performance Sunday. 

Here is the article the quote below came from: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000978158/article/giants-players-not-throwing-in-the-towel-on-2018

"We're not throwing in the towel at all, man. I honestly think that's disrespectful to us players," cornerback B.W. Webb said, via the New York Post. "We don't go into any game thinking we're just gonna throw it away. We fight every week, there are people out there playing for their families, their kids, for each other. It's disrespectful when we hear that, somebody say we're tanking or something like that."

He has a very valid point. They are paid professionals just like every member of the Redskins team. I would find it hard to believe that any player on any team could go out with the mindset that they don't care and are OK with losing. If Jay is not careful this game will turn into an embarrassment.

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

And here it starts........The Washington Redskins sacrificial lamb to slaughter to help another team in disarray.  Please, please, please, let this trend stop this Sunday!!!  

4 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

And here it starts........The Washington Redskins sacrificial lamb to slaughter to help another team in disarray.  Please, please, please, let this trend stop this Sunday!!!  

Jay can quiet a lot of criticism if the team comes out crisp, aggressive, and just generally plays hard. If they come out flat it will be just more of the same. 

C'mon Jay, change the narrative! Get the guys ready and take care of business. This should just not be a hard game. But it probably will be. 

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Of course they're tanking and everyone knows it.

What else do you expect him to say?

Given our recent history, this is just the type of game that we would've blown, but not this Sunday. The D and ST are playing strong.  We will feast on Eli. If Smith plays even marginally better, we win this one comfortably.

35 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Of course they're tanking and everyone knows it.

What else do you expect him to say?

Given our recent history, this is just the type of game that we would've blown, but not this Sunday. The D and ST are playing strong.  We will feast on Eli. If Smith plays even marginally better, we win this one comfortably.

I hope you are right. I really do. But honestly I am just getting tired of getting to a point where I start to trust they will come out an play hard every game and then beat a vastly inferior team, only to have them come out and lay a big ****ing egg. 

The best thing going for us I believe is that we are first half team. And if we come out and punch these guys in the mouth (metaphorically of course), they may decide quickly it's not worth getting injured. But again, as much a fan of Jays as I am, it cannot be denied his teams have woefully under-performed when they have chances to make some room and take control of the division. 

It would be a really good time to change that pattern. 

Injury and practice updates from JP Finlay:

- Richardson, lauvau and CT at practice

- Dunbar worked on side w trainers and did a little running

- Gruden not worried about Z Brown

https://twitter.com/jpfinlaynbcs?lang=en

Heard Foster on radio yesterday -- he says he feels real good, as good as hes been in a while.

-------------------

Dunbar's nerve injury ... Ive never heard of a nerve injury in the shin. Deep bone bruise or a shin split, yes ... but nerves in the shin?

I didnt know there were even nerves in the shin.

Common peroneal nerve dysfunction is damage to the peroneal nerve leading to loss of movement or sensation in the foot and leg.

Trauma to knee can cause .. which would make sense, injury to knee and nerve issues symptoms are usually felt below area where injury/entrapment/impingement is.

The more I think about this game, the more it feels like it might be the watershed one of the season.  They win and they are 5-2 and have a bit of a go for the kill vibe to the season and they are over the hump of inconsistency.  If they lose it would feel kind of same old same old.  The Giants have been a bit of a thorn ironically as to the last two seasons.  2 seasons ago they knocked the redskins out of the playoffs.  Last year, Jay made a big deal about ending 8-8 and they were thwarted in NY even though NY had a crappy banged up roster.

I think they win this game but I expect it to be tight.  Don't love it if Stroman has to play.  I get rookie pains, etc but its not a good set up against the NY Giant receivers.  Besides being burned on the TD against Dallas, Stroman was poised to be burned in a similar way on another play -- fortunately that was the play where Kerrigan had the sack fumble. 

12 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I expect another sub 200 passing game by Smith where AP runs for 150 and Skins win convincingly.  Eli is finished.  I think it’s pretty obvious the Giants agenda is to tank.  

finished? manning had almost 400yrds passing in that loss to Falcons

On 10/24/2018 at 7:32 PM, skins island connection said:

Oh, ****!

I see many of you talking about how the Giants are in 'fire sale' mode, and how that's going to benefit the Redskins

I'm not liking this one damn bit; you know why? Look at this from all angles and you'll see how this can be a big negative against the Redskins.

1. Whoever is filling in for the players that were traded away could very well be unknowns to the coaching staff, therefore there may not be any info on the player; whether he's good at pass rushing, a dirty player, etc etc, so game planning against them might be difficult.

2. The Giants are rivals, and we all know how rival games can be viewed as a win but the game turns out totally different.

3. Eli & co. have much better WRs than the Redskins, and their RB is no slouch, and all it would take is for them to get on a roll and the Redskins could be down 14 or more.

4. The coaching staff may play some different players, so there might not be any game film on them; they could be evaluating players, and a player looking to make a team will play his ass off.

5. The Giants could take the Rex Grossman approach; **** it and go deep. They may very well say the hec with trying to manage the game, and just go into an aerial assault. They have nothing to lose, they're not making the playoffs, so who better to go crazy on than the 1st place team in their division.

As I said, on paper it doesn't even look to be a somewhat close game, but that's why they play the game. I would not be surprised to see them going all-out to win the game, and you shouldn't either.

So true about Item 1. How many time have we been beat by rookies and nobodys having career days against us.

The first thing I'll say is that Eli's numbers came in garbage time so his 399 was more like 265 when you take out the last two drives. That also takes 23 from Barkley's passing game numbers, 15 from his running numbers, 28 and a td from ODB, and 64 from Shepherd. 

Those are still respectable numbers, but nowhere near as intimidating. This is not the Saints offense from a few weeks ago. 

I posted this before but Eli is getting sacked at an 8.2%rate per dropback. I think we'll have a field day with him, especially since he's not mobile.

I also think we'll have an explosive offense this week. Their focus will be on ADAP but quiet as it's kept, Doctson and Smith are developing a chemistry. It just so happens that Smiths favorite route to throw is Doctson's favorite to run, and those were two of Smith's best throws of the game Sunday. Hopefully they can connect on a deep ball or two as well as this secondary is suspect (I know, I've said that before though, against the Saints and Cowboys) 

And my other hope is that Bibbd gets more playing time. Dude is a sleeper that should be spelling AP and CT more because he can do it all. 

19 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

ESPN just had the matchup on the bottom with 58% the giants win. 

I dont usually care about the media stuff, but come on. That's just rude.

I think that those match ups are set at the start of the season. I’ve noticed that they don’t seem to change week to week based on performance.

We do not match up well against the Giants, at all.  Also Eli always seems to save his best games for us

6 minutes ago, zoony said:

We do not match up well against the Giants, at all.  Also Eli always seems to save his best games for us

Talk on NY radio sports is that this could be Eli's last home game. Could be just Mara hoping to sell more tickets for a loosing team.  Hope we are not being set up by the NFL to be the fall guy like we were in NO. Cheers. The 

Everyone has the giants winning this game, just win please by any means necessary. 5-2, that just sounds good. 

19 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Jay can quiet a lot of criticism if the team comes out crisp, aggressive, and just generally plays hard. If they come out flat it will be just more of the same. 

C'mon Jay, change the narrative! Get the guys ready and take care of business. This should just not be a hard game. But it probably will be. 

Watch for the dreaded "Big lead"

That would be a t.v. shattering moment