Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Flex Scheduling and Playoff Tracker Thread

kleese

The nice thing know is we were left for dead and the team can play the underdog card a bit. Already 10 point underdogs... QB that was counseling at risk youth two weeks ago... it would be a cool story. Vibes should be good this week and I expect them to play hard again next Saturday. Problem of course is Titans are better than Jags and will have a lot more on the line. 

1 hour ago, kleese said:

The nice thing know is we were left for dead and the team can play the underdog card a bit. Already 10 point underdogs... QB that was counseling at risk youth two weeks ago... it would be a cool story. Vibes should be good this week and I expect them to play hard again next Saturday. Problem of course is Titans are better than Jags and will have a lot more on the line. 

And another dreaded "national television prime time" game 

At least it's a Saturday and not a Monday night 

14 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

this eagles game good or bad for our playoff chances.

Always bad, but we're not going to get there anyways. Mathematically yes, but realistically no. Our D really hunkered down today, but we're so decimated on O that our next 2 games are just about impossible to win. I'll have to be rooting for the Vikings now to kick Philly out.

12 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

this eagles game good or bad for our playoff chances.

Theory is that Rams loss keeps the Bears within striking distance of a bye and thus more likely to play their starters against the Vikings in the season finale if they are still within a game heading into the last week.

But Foles is a competent QB and the Eagles have weapons. I absolutely don't like our chances against them in week 17. 

Eagles win only hurts us if you are holding out hope for us to get in at 8-8. Otherwise it doesn’t matter because we control our destiny against them. 

The “good” news is the Bears are alive for a top 2 seed now. If they beat SF next week they will be guaranteed to be alive in that race going into Week 17. And of course the Bears being interested would be beneficial to us if we need Vikings to lose Week 17. 

Here is one thing we know.., we can’t be eliminated from playoffs even if we lose at Titans... at least not that day. We could be eliminated the next day if we lose and the Eagles or Vikings win. 

If we win we are guarnteed to be alive going into Week 17 regardless of what happens Sunday. 

10 hours ago, kleese said:

If we win we are guarnteed to be alive going into Week 17 regardless of what happens Sunday. 

And, by my count, that would be 3 times in the past 4 years that we'd enter week 17 alive or in the playoffs. Also, less impressive but still a thing, for the 4th straight season we will enter week 17 with a shot to finish .500 (we did it in 2015, 2016, and missed it last year).

Again, nothing too impressive for most teams, but it would signal a step in the right direction for this organization. 

Also, I think beating the Titans is an extreme long-shot...haha

1 minute ago, Howie411 said:

So Assuming the Redskins win next week and so do the Eagles and the Viking loose, how crazy is the final home game going to be......

Well....seeing as how almost everyone wants jay and Bruce gone, and with how empty FedEx has been, i doubt even a week 17 win and in game Vs the eagles will get fans to the stadium. But who knows, maybe I’m wrong...🤷🏻‍♂️

Good news is that as long as the Chief beat the Seahawks (Which will probably happen) there is no way we can be eliminated this week, even with a loss.  But of course that is not the best plan.

No chance to get in if we lose to eagles.  

Here is my Bad news.  I can see a situation where Kirk Cousins is playing a home game against a division opponent where the opponent has nothing to play for and KC's team goes to the playoffs with a win.

Basically a repeat of 2016, and a chance for KC to redeem himself, and cost the skins another playoff appearance.  

25 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Right. I have no clue why I said Falcons!  Not enough coffee?  :)

If Chiefs beat Seahawks, we cant be eliminated this week.  

Not true. 

If we lose and the Vikings win, we are out. If we lose and the Eagles win, we are out. We can't be eliminated SATURDAY with a loss, but could be gone the next day. 

If we lose Saturday it takes the scenarios with the Cowboys and Seahawks off the table. We lose a tie-breaker to both, so if we lose to Titans we can't catch Dallas or Seattle even if they go 0-2. 

Our only hope to stay alive with a loss in Tennessee is for the Eagles to lose to Texans and Vikings to lose to Lions. 

If we beat the Titans then there is no way we can be eliminated prior to week 17. The WORST case in that situation would be the Vikings, Cowboys and Seahawks all win boiling it down to just the Vikings for us. In that case we'd need to beat the Eagles and we'd need Chicago to beat Minnesota week 17. The good news there is that if the Bears beat the Niners this week it guarantees they will be alive for a bye in playoffs heading into Week 17. 

By far the most FUN scenario would be Redskins and Eagles both win this week. Vikings lose.... that would set up as a "win and in" game for Redskins and Eagles. And if Dallas happened to lose to Tampa, the door would still be open for the East. 

Let's just say this.... if we win on Saturday, it's gonna set up one really fun Sunday the next day. 

3 hours ago, kleese said:

Not true. 

If we lose and the Vikings win, we are out. If we lose and the Eagles win, we are out. We can't be eliminated SATURDAY with a loss, but could be gone the next day. 

If we lose Saturday it takes the scenarios with the Cowboys and Seahawks off the table. We lose a tie-breaker to both, so if we lose to Titans we can't catch Dallas or Seattle even if they go 0-2. 

Our only hope to stay alive with a loss in Tennessee is for the Eagles to lose to Texans and Vikings to lose to Lions. 

If we beat the Titans then there is no way we can be eliminated prior to week 17. The WORST case in that situation would be the Vikings, Cowboys and Seahawks all win boiling it down to just the Vikings for us. In that case we'd need to beat the Eagles and we'd need Chicago to beat Minnesota week 17. The good news there is that if the Bears beat the Niners this week it guarantees they will be alive for a bye in playoffs heading into Week 17. 

By far the most FUN scenario would be Redskins and Eagles both win this week. Vikings lose.... that would set up as a "win and in" game for Redskins and Eagles. And if Dallas happened to lose to Tampa, the door would still be open for the East. 

Let's just say this.... if we win on Saturday, it's gonna set up one really fun Sunday the next day. 

This isn't true.  

If Seattle loses out they are 8-8, and we have the tie breaker over them if we beat eagles.  EVEN if vikes win.  Ive tried this on numerus playoff generator.  We don't lose the tie breaker to Seattle.  

Reason - we would both be 8-8.

We both would be 7-5 in conference

next one is "Strength of victory" . Basically -- number of wins the teams we beat have.  If we lose sat and then beat the eagles - and EVERY TEAM we beat loses - our strength of victory is 44 (Really 45 because if this were to happen, we are saying cards beat Seahawks last game).  

If the seahawks lose next two, finish 8-8, and every team they beat WINS the next 2 - their strength of victory is 42

26 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

This isn't true.  

If Seattle loses out they are 8-8, and we have the tie breaker over them if we beat eagles.  EVEN if vikes win.  Ive tried this on numerus playoff generator.  We don't lose the tie breaker to Seattle.  

Reason - we would both be 8-8.

We both would be 7-5 in conference

next one is "Strength of victory" . Basically -- number of wins the teams we beat have.  If we lose sat and then beat the eagles - and EVERY TEAM we beat loses - our strength of victory is 44 (Really 45 because if this were to happen, we are saying cards beat Seahawks last game).  

If the seahawks lose next two, finish 8-8, and every team they beat WINS the next 2 - their strength of victory is 42

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Check this link, I think you are skipping a tie-breaker on the list. it goes head to head, then conference, then common games BEFORE strength of victory. 

But that said, I still think you are right... because our common games record I believe would also be identical if Seattle went 0-2. I think everything I was looking at was based on losing the tie-breaker at 9-7. 

So, we could still be alive if we lose to Tennessee and two of the three between Seattle, Philly, and Minnesota also lose. If we lose and two (or more) of them win, we will be eliminated.

9 minutes ago, kleese said:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Check this link, I think you are skipping a tie-breaker on the list. it goes head to head, then conference, then common games BEFORE strength of victory. 

But that said, I still think you are right... because our common games record I believe would also be identical if Seattle went 0-2. I think everything I was looking at was based on losing the tie-breaker at 9-7. 

So, we could still be alive if we lose to Tennessee and two of the three between Seattle, Philly, and Minnesota also lose. If we lose and two (or more) of them win, we will be eliminated.

I did skip the common games -you are right. But only because it would be identical.  And again -Im telling you - I am 100% sure.  As long as Seattle OR min lose (not even both - just 1) we will still be alive.  Philly is irrelevant because we play them at the end and would have to win to have any chance and we already have a better NFC record then them.

Wow you guys are digging into the rule book? I just spend about 50 minutes on the playoff generator machine trying to figure out the most redskins way to get to the playoffs...

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Do you really think this? 

I feel like the Titans might just run through our strip attempts and arm tackles...Henry has been a beast. 

The jaguars RB was supposed to do the same thing to us but, crickets...

4 hours ago, TMK9973 said:

I did skip the common games -you are right. But only because it would be identical.  And again -Im telling you - I am 100% sure.  As long as Seattle OR min lose (not even both - just 1) we will still be alive.  Philly is irrelevant because we play them at the end and would have to win to have any chance and we already have a better NFC record then them.

You are basically saying we win an 8-8 tie-breaker with Philly. That’s not how I’m understanding it. 

If we lose this week and Philly wins that means we enter week 17 7-8 and they are 8-7. Even if we beat them they win the tie-breaker unless I’m misunderstanding something. 

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Do you really think this? 

I feel like the Titans might just run through our strip attempts and arm tackles...Henry has been a beast. 

My take on this is that our D has done far better with bigger, slower, more one-dimensional type offenses and have really struggled when teams throw multiple, faster weapons at them. Atlanta and NOLA both killed us by being able to spread the field and spread the ball to multiple guys, almost all of whom were speedy. Tampa even did a lot of that moving the ball up and down the field. Our D has been better it seems when they can hone in on one main weapon or approach. 

The plan this week should be simple.. sell out to stop Henry, press their WRs and if we get beat by a vertical passing game, so be it. 

40 minutes ago, kleese said:

You are basically saying we win an 8-8 tie-breaker with Philly. That’s not how I’m understanding it. 

If we lose this week and Philly wins that means we enter week 17 7-8 and they are 8-7. Even if we beat them they win the tie-breaker unless I’m misunderstanding something. 

We’d have split with them in head to head, if we beat them week 17. Next tiebreaker is conference record where we’d be 7-5, and they’d be 5-7, so we’d win the tiebreaker if we both finish 8-8 (as far as i know....anyone wanna correct me?)

Archived