Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Flex Scheduling and Playoff Tracker Thread

kleese

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

8-8 teams have made the playoffs.  Hell, the Panthers and Seahawks won their divisions one year with a 7 win record.

Better enjoy this misery year because the next 2-3 years are going to be brutual.

And the Giants won the SB with a 9-7 record...

Still, I  was wondering, with the PR hit we took and that will go on for a few weeks, is it possible that it impact on "flexability"? I'm not sure the NFL wants to have us on prime time much with this story out...

Monday will be scary for this.

14 hours ago, Califan007 said:

When did we start out "really hot" before? lol...

Sometimes I wonder if you're just trolling.

1996, 2000, 2008, 2016 are all examples.  Keep in mind that "really hot" for us is "meh" for the Patriots.  I think that you follow football enough to understand that.  

Not sure how many times you have to get burned before you learn your lesson, but I'm good with those.

56 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Sometimes I wonder if you're just trolling.

1996, 2000, 2008, 2016 are all examples.  Keep in mind that "really hot" for us is "meh" for the Patriots.  I think that you follow football enough to understand that.  

Not sure how many times you have to get burned before you learn your lesson, but I'm good with those.

maybe I should have asked you to define "starting off" and "really hot" instead lol...because to me, "starting off" is the first 8 games at most. Anything past that is "finishing off" imo. And "really hot" is at least 5-3 or 6-2. 2016 we started off 4-3-1...I doubt anyone at the time was considering that record as a "really hot" start. If anything, we fans have been complaining about how the Skins constantly start off slow as molasses and require a long winning streaks at the end of the season to make the playoffs. And there have been a lot of articles and tweets from writers along the way this season talking about how the Redskins having such a good record is extremely rare. Your post instead took a "here we go again" approach lol...

So no, not trolling, genuinely confused as to how anyone, anywhere, would treat a "really hot" start for the Skins as anything but an extraordinarily rare occurrence over the decades.

6 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

And the Giants won the SB with a 9-7 record...

Still, I  was wondering, with the PR hit we took and that will go on for a few weeks, is it possible that it impact on "flexability"? I'm not sure the NFL wants to have us on prime time much with this story out...

Monday will be scary for this.

There isn’t a flex opportunity for us until Week 17 anyway. And if that wound up being a win and in game for both teams then the NFL would not hesitate to feature it if it was the best option. 

I know nobody probably cares about this anymore lol...but hoping for these outcomes this weekend and Monday (bold are hopeful winners):

Ravens-Falcons

Rams-Lions

Cardinals-Packers

Giants-Bears

Panthers-Bucs

Vikings-Patriots

49ers-Seahawks

Redskins-Eagles

If my selections end up going 0-8, feel free to blame me for even bringing this up lol....

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

maybe I should have asked you to define "starting off" and "really hot" instead lol...because to me, "starting off" is the first 8 games at most. Anything past that is "finishing off" imo. And "really hot" is at least 5-3 or 6-2. 2016 we started off 4-3-1...I doubt anyone at the time was considering that record as a "really hot" start. If anything, we fans have been complaining about how the Skins constantly start off slow as molasses and require a long winning streaks at the end of the season to make the playoffs. And there have been a lot of articles and tweets from writers along the way this season talking about how the Redskins having such a good record is extremely rare. Your post instead took a "here we go again" approach lol...

So no, not trolling, genuinely confused as to how anyone, anywhere, would treat a "really hot" start for the Skins as anything but an extraordinarily rare occurrence over the decades.

Meh, agree to disagree.  I do see your point, though.  The main thing for me was going from in control by two games to hoping certain teams lose so that we have better wild card positioning.  It's like going from the fast-track to CEO all the way to hoping the janitor retires.  I'm sick of these endings to the season.

16 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I know nobody probably cares about this anymore lol...but hoping for these outcomes this weekend and Monday (bold are hopeful winners):

Ravens-Falcons

Rams-Lions

Cardinals-Packers

Giants-Bears

Panthers-Bucs

Vikings-Patriots

49ers-Seahawks

Redskins-Eagles

If my selections end up going 0-8, feel free to blame me for even bringing this up lol....

giphy.gif

Of those, the Vikings, Panthers, and Seahawks are the biggest this week. I certainly don’t expect SF to go into Seattle and win but I’m holding out hope for the Bucs to upset Carolina. 

😎

56 minutes ago, kleese said:

Of those, the Vikings, Panthers, and Seahawks are the biggest this week. I certainly don’t expect SF to go into Seattle and win but I’m holding out hope for the Bucs to upset Carolina. 

Actually, of those I mentioned, the Eagles losing is the biggest lol....😎

Seriously, though, will be strongly rooting against all three teams you mentioned, almost as if the Skins themselves were playing each one today.

Seattle is going to win easily.

Though it looks like the Vikings are going to lose to the Pats, though it’s early.

21 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Ravens-Falcons YES!

Rams-Lions YES!

Cardinals-Packers YES!

Giants-Bears Great sadness

Panthers-Bucs Yes!

Vikings-Patriots looking good...

49ers-Seahawks Not so much

Redskins-Eagles

Results above....

So far it’s been a day of perfection for the Redskins. Biggest so far being the Panthers loss, but Packers, Falcons, Lions too. Even the Bears losing can be potentially good for us— it at least can’t hurt. Never expected Seattle to lose so if they are the only one that wins, I’ll consider it a great day for us. 

6 hours ago, kleese said:

So far it’s been a day of perfection for the Redskins. Biggest so far being the Panthers loss, but Packers, Falcons, Lions too. Even the Bears losing can be potentially good for us— it at least can’t hurt. Never expected Seattle to lose so if they are the only one that wins, I’ll consider it a great day for us. 

agreed

7 hours ago, Califan007 said:

The entire NFC North lost, right?

And 3 of the 4 teams in the NFC South lost.

Those are definitely good results. Just need the Redskins to find some sort of way to pull out a win against the Eagles now. 

If they do, they will enter in the final four in REALLY good position. If they don’t they will be all jammed up with a bunch of teams. The results Sunday were very favorable. 

I posted this on the other Schedule thread but it actually probably goes better here:

I think it's nearly certain that 9-7 gets the final wildcard.  It implies that any team that gets to 8 losses (or even 7 losses and a tie in Green Bay's and Minnesota's case) would be out:

That would already eliminate:

Arizona, San Fran, Atlanta, New York, Detroit, Green Bay

Tampa - could win out and get to 9-7, but we won head to head so we'd get the wildcard over them in the extremely unlikely event that they run the table. So scratch them out.

Philly - We obviously have to at least split with Philly, so even if they were to win out otherwise, they'd end up 9-7 and we'd win the division record tiebreaker.  (Plus they still have to play @ Dallas and @ Rams, besides the two games against us, so them ending up with 8 losses is nearly certain.)

Basically that leaves three teams for the two wild cards:  Us, Seattle, and Minnesota  

Seattle is most definitely getting one of the Wild cards, they still play San Fran, and Arizona.  Even losing the other two games, they will get to 9-7.

Minnesota is the (for obvious reasons) interesting one:  Currently they are 6-5-1, with four games left.  They need to lose two of the remaining four, which includes @ Seattle, Miami, @ Detroit, and Chicago.  

So pretty much, need to have Minny lose two of their next four, we go 3-2, and 9-7 will get us in, regardless of what the rest of the NFC does.  Dallas most likely will get to 10-6 and win the division, and we may very well end up the 6-seed playing them in the first round of the playoffs at Jerry World.

Need Seattle to win vs. Minnesota this coming week, and we need to take care of business in our next two NFC East games....

That’s good analysis @ColonialWBSkinsFan... I was thinking the same this morning. Seahawks road is easy; I’d prefer to concede one WC to them and see them beat Vikings. Certainly wouldn’t want to have to rely on seeing Seattle lose to Niners or Cards. I also wouldn’t TOTALLY shut the door on the Bears yet either. Their schedule is tough... and I THINK we’d win a 9-7 tie-breaker with them. It isn’t crazy to see them finishing 1-3. 

45 minutes ago, kleese said:

That’s good analysis @ColonialWBSkinsFan... I was thinking the same this morning. Seahawks road is easy; I’d prefer to concede one WC to them and see them beat Vikings. Certainly wouldn’t want to have to rely on seeing Seattle lose to Niners or Cards. I also wouldn’t TOTALLY shut the door on the Bears yet either. Their schedule is tough... and I THINK we’d win a 9-7 tie-breaker with them. It isn’t crazy to see them finishing 1-3. 

Thanks @kleese... I hadn't really thought about da Bears, but if they go 1-2 in their next three, and Minnesota goes 2-1, they would enter the Week 17 game between them with the Bears at 9-6 and Vikes at 8-6-1... winner take all for the division, and the loser MIGHT not get the WildCard if the Skins also end up 9-7...

The "QB who won't be named on this thread because I don't want to get banned" may end up sealing the Skins playoff fate this year after all, who woulda thunk?  :)

i just.....ugh. yeah. only hope now is for sanchez to get a good week of practice (LOLOL yeah right) and for us to beat the giants, and the eagles to beat the cowboys, to make it a 3 way tie at 7-6...that's the only way i see us having any more hope past next weekend. 

now, before anyone decides to give me **** for this, i did not in any way that any of that will even happen. i mean, obviously im well aware it wont happen, cause no ****, sanchez sucks. I said i am HOPING it happens. there's a difference. 

You know it's bad if I'm posting this, not with a third string qb, that's asking a lot

tenor (7).gif

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

i just.....ugh. yeah. only hope now is for sanchez to get a good week of practice (LOLOL yeah right) and for us to beat the giants, and the eagles to beat the cowboys, to make it a 3 way tie at 7-6...that's the only way i see us having any more hope past next weekend. 

At home its possible.  Last three games are all winnable by nfl terms, but holy **** man, Mark Sanchez is our starting QB and he's been here 2 weeks.  We could lose the rest of games same way winning rest of them, just looking at other wild card teams, I don't feel on their level anymore.  That's a different type of handicap.

• http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

z - clinched Division

Team - (Overall Record, Conference Record)

1.  z- Rams (11-1, 7-1): @Bears, Eagles, @Cards, 49ers

2.  Saints (10-2, 7-2) @Bucs, @Panthers, Steelers, Panthers

3.  Bears (8-4, 6-2) Rams, Packers, @49ers, @Vikings

4.  Cowboys (7-5, 6-3) Eagles, @Colts, Bucs, @Giants

5.  Seahawks (7-5, 6-3) Vikings, @49ers, Chiefs, Cards 

6.  Vikings (6-5-1, 5-3-1) @Seahawks, Dolphins, @Lions, Bears

7.  Panthers (6-6, 4-5) @Browns, Saints, Falcons, @Saints

8.  Eagles (6-6, 4-5) @Boys, @Rams, Texans, @Skins

9,  Skins (6-6, 6-4)  Giants, @Jags, @Titans, Eagles

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I think Top 5 teams are set: LA is already in. New Orleans, Chicago, Dallas and Seattle will be in shortly.  Dallas beats  Philly this weekend and they will eventually win the NFC East.   Really, the only playoff spot left in the NFC is the 6th seed. That will be between Minnesota, Philadelphia, Carolina and for now; us.  

Now, I don't expect us to make the playoffs but we are mathetically still in the race.

Dallas wins at least 2 more games & finishes at least 9-7.

Minnesota may only win 1 or 2 more gamea to finish 7-8-1 or 8-7-1.

Carolina at best wins 2 games but they could lose 3. 8-8 or 7-9.

Philadelphia could lose all 4 but they probably beat us again to finish 7-9.

Redskins will lose 3 out of the next 4 games and maybe all 4. Jags is the only possible winnable game.  7-9 or 6-10 is most likely for us.

There's a small chance the 6th place team, will be a team with only 7 wins.  So, we could in theory be in it until the end.

This will be the last time you will see a thread like this for a few years.  WE are ****ed.  Jay and Bruce will use the injury excuse to justify coming back.  2019 is going to be awful, with our QB situation. So expect a double digit losing season in 2019.  Probably a Top 5 pick in 2020, when we get a new coach.  Then it will take that new coach/new qb a little while to get things going. So, 2020 will be a double digit losing season also.

Also, Alex Smith's contract is really going to restrict what we can do witht he QB position.

I'm fully expecting 2-3 bad years. 

Archived