Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Flex Scheduling and Playoff Tracker Thread

kleese

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Since we can't finish better than .500 I shouldn't care, but I'll ask anyway: the best seed we could potentially have if we did somehow make it is #6, correct? And if that is the case, there's no way we could play the winner of our division in the first round, especially since we would need help from Chicago in week 17. Is that also correct?

Actually I think there is a way we can get to 5 seed....

Vikings finish 7-8-1

Eagles finish 7-9

Redskins and Seahawks finish 8-8 and Skins win tie-breaker. 

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Keim wrote an article about AP going over 1000 and suggested that the Skins would be eliminated with either an Eagles win OR wins by both the Vikes and Seahawks 

You know that pretty much has to be right.... because if Eagles win tomorrow we can’t pass them in the standings which means we can’t even get to the Seahawks tie breaker. 

So we need the Eagles to lose, period. And then we’d need either the Seahawks or Vikings to also lose. 

Without question the loss today took any wind out of my playoff hope sails. I will not be glued to the TV tomorrow rooting for things to our way. But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t aware of what we need to happen. I see one outcome combo that would at least make next Sunday fun:

Eagles and Vikings both lose.

I don’t really care about the Seahawks game because they aren’t losing at home to Arizona next week if playoffs are on the line. I guess I’d prefer they lose to Chiefs just as a why not, but that’s never really been on the radar for me. 

But if Eagles and Vikings both lose Sunday it sets up a simple scenario for us week 17: Win  plus Vikings loss equals wild card. And that would be enough for me to remain interested next week and next Sunday. 

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Vikings is the only team that might win today but the other two should lose. I would be highly surprised if the Eagles and Seattle win today. 

Would be really nice if all three of them lost though. 

Do you envision an NFC that has 1 or 2 wild cards at 8-8, and maybe even a division winner at 8-8...

while the AFC has a wild card at 12-4 ? :)

6 hours ago, kleese said:

I thought we cleared this up. If Minny wins, we can’t catch them period. 

And we’ve established already that if the Eagles and Redskins both finish 8-8 that the Eagles win the tie-breaker. Even if Seattle was also 8-8 the division tie breaker gets broken first. 

Edit- this could be correct. 

29 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well it will be a whole lot more clear in simply 24 hours.

Can't believe they're playin a MNF game on Christmas Eve.

Yup. We’ll either be eliminated altogether, or needing a win against Philly and a loss from the Vikings or Seahawks. Not ENTIRELY out of the question i guess.... but it’s lookin pretty bleak. 

Also just curious, what’s surprising about the league having a MNF game on Christmas Eve? 

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Happens all the time..at least it should

So last year Christmas Eve was a Sunday night.. I'm pretty sure there was a game then

Nope i think in the nfl, if Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday then there’s no Sunday night game, so they just play two games Christmas Day. Last year there was a 4:30 game on Monday the 25th, as well as the MNF game. And if i recall correctly, the last time Christmas Eve fell on a Sunday (2006), the same thing happened (two games Christmas Day to make up for no Christmas Eve game). 

If christnas eve falls on a Monday then it’s just the normal final MNF game of the season. 

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

if we are eliminated this week i’m all aboard the nick foles train for the playoffs.

Yeah right before the 1 pm games start, looks like its a three-team race for the two WC slots (provided Dallas doesn't throw up on itself):

Seattle (8-6): KC, AZ

Minnesota (7-6-1): @DET, CHI

Philly (7-7): HOU, @WAS

If something miraculous doesn't happen and the Skins don't make it in, which two of the above teams do you prefer get in? Seattle, who knocked the Skins out of the playoffs three times from 2005-2012, Minnesota, who has the Skins ex-QB, or Philly, our divisional rival who are the defending SB champs?

yup. it is now officially time to shut this thread down I guess. skins officially eliminated. a win in week 2 against the colts would've been nice. or a win against the Texans (thanks for that, refs...missing a penalty on the Texans in the final seconds....). or a win against the cowboys on thanksgiving would've been nice (thanks colt and defense). or a win against the eagles on MNF would've been nice (colt injury really was to blame for that one, that was tough). or a win against the giants would've helped (thanks sanchez and the defense). or a win yesterday would've helped (thanks defense). 

sigh. 

I honestly can't even see any way the redskins are relevant for at least another 5 seasons. and who knows when the next time we'll see this team in the super bowl. heck, we don't even know who our QB of the future will be, or our head coach!!! its a disaster. TOTAL disaster!! 

19 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Hope is stupid. 

That tweet is not accurate - we have the Eagles playoff hopes at stake. Personally I wasn't expecting playoffs after our **** streak, so I'm not surprised we havent made them.... I will however be rooting hard for this team to stop the Eagles and their scumbag fans making it to the postseason.

3 minutes ago, UKskins said:

That tweet is not accurate - we have the Eagles playoff hopes at stake. Personally I wasn't expecting playoffs after our **** streak, so I'm not surprised we havent made them.... I will however be rooting hard for this team to stop the Eagles and their scumbag fans making it to the postseason.

correct me if I'm wrong here, but wouldn't the eagles playoff hopes hinge on whoever wins next weeks Vikings vs bears game? couldn't the eagles get in at 8-8 (means we would have beaten them) if the bears beat the Vikings? (i'm not 100% sure if that is right, so seriously, please somebody correct me if I have that wrong....)

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

correct me if I'm wrong here, but wouldn't the eagles playoff hopes hinge on whoever wins next weeks Vikings vs bears game? couldn't the eagles get in at 8-8 (means we would have beaten them) if the bears beat the Vikings? (i'm not 100% sure if that is right, so seriously, please somebody correct me if I have that wrong....)

Not if they lose to us. They have to beat us to have a shot.

Eagles currently 8-7. Minnesota currently 8-6-1 so if both lose eagles would be .500 and Minny would be 8-7-1

Archived