Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Flex Scheduling and Playoff Tracker Thread

kleese

While we should probably put this thread on IR with a broken fibula, the whole point of the thread is to suspend reality and just do math. So let’s do math...

On paper, the Skins still completely control their destiny. If they go 4-0 they will make the playoffs. The odds of them NOT making the playoffs at 4-0 are very, very small. 3-1 likely gets them in— would depend some on how other teams do, but it’s likely we get in at 9-7 if one of the wins includes Philly in week 17. 

Right now, I’d say all we can hope for is to keep it alive week to week. If the Skins beat the Giants on Sunday then I guess you just decide what you’d prefer from there. 

A Dallas win over Philly gets us a leg up on Eagles while lessening our division chances. A Philly win over Dallas leaves us all at 7-6 with three games to go. 

There are other teams to consider as well, but it feels a little exhausting right now. What would be nice is to somehow beat the Giants and wake up next Monday feeling that the last three games will at least

be worth watching. 

Small broadcasting flex involving the Skins to note:

Our game against the Jags remains at 1pm, but has moved from FOX to CBS. It was expected there would be a network cross-flex that week due to a glut of FOX games and our game was chosen to move. 

This officially ends any flex possibilities for our next three games. The only schedule unknown is Week 17. 

Ugh. Another CBS game. Almost every CBS announcer is boring as ****. And puts me to sleep. The only two i can almost stand are nantz and Romo. Romo brings excitement to his voice on big plays. 

I like the FOX announcers a lot better and I’m sure I’m not the only one with that opinion. With that being said, I’ll still watch the game no doubt about that 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I like the FOX announcers a lot better and I’m sure I’m not the only one with that opinion. With that being said, I’ll still watch the game no doubt about that 

The FOX announcers; grapfics; high def picture; and theme music are all better in my opinion 

1 hour ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

So, @kleese had some thoughts on this topic back on Tuesday. Anybody have any other insights about this weekend's games? I know most of us have become apathetic and disappointed at this point in the season, but who else are we rooting for this weekend?

This is pretty easy....

Browns over Panthers 

I also think at this point we want...

Seahawks over Vikings 

As a why not....

Rams over Bears 

The tricky one is Eagles/Cowboys. Depends on your perspective there. Personally if we win, I’d like to see Philly win. If we lose the technically it would probably be best for Dallas to beat Philly. 

I honestly say this out of love 

you guys that post in this thread seriously are all a part of the problem. You are the ones that constantly gloss over how radioactively **** this team is and are who give Snyder and his henchmen the idea that they’re not doing that bad of a job. 

As as long as you keep down this path, nothing will ever change 

And i truly do respect all of you as posters 

Got a lot of help today, if the eagles beat the cowboys nothing changed in the playoff hunt. If what’s his name can keep playing like he did in he did in the fourth quarter, we still got a chance guys. 

But if it’s not looking good after the first quarter I’ll find another game to watch.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

you guys that post in this thread seriously are all a part of the problem. You are the ones that constantly gloss over how radioactively **** this team is and are who give Snyder and his henchmen the idea that they’re not doing that bad of a job. 

We were 6-3 before it all fell apart... this team handles adversity like well-played jenga tower. One wrong move and it all topples over.

22 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Got a lot of help today, if the eagles beat the cowboys nothing changed in the playoff hunt. 

If the Eagles beat the Cowboys then the Eagles go to 6th seed with a win from the Seahawks tonight. Redskins will move into 8th seed. Hate to say, but I'll be rooting for the Eagles to lose. They have the Rams next week. We could hit the 6th seed next week for the last time with a win, and the Dolphins beat the Vikes.

@BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 no, we are NOT “part of the problem”. That is silly. We are just fans talking about the playoff hunt for our team while we are in it, throughout the season. Do we own the team? No. Are we the coach? No. Are we the GM? No. Are we the players? No. People posting on a messageboard are not part of the problem. Wanna find someone to blame? That’s snyder/Allen/Gruden. 

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 no, we are NOT “part of the problem”. That is silly. We are just fans talking about the playoff hunt for our team while we are in it, throughout the season. Do we own the team? No. Are we the coach? No. Are we the GM? No. Are we the players? No. People posting on a messageboard are not part of the problem. Wanna find someone to blame? That’s snyder/Allen/Gruden. 

God bless you 

2 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Ridiculous dude. 

This is a discussion of mathematic possibilities. No one in here discussing the what if’s is an any way enabling the FO. 

I’ll update after the Cowboys and Bears games go final, but it’s safe to say we want Dallas to hold on to win and for Rams to beat Bears. 

Just now, hail2skins said:

God bless this team if they can somehow win the last three with Josh Friggin Johnson at QB. But I'll be out as far as being interested in the playoffs once that 8th loss is recorded. 

I am with you on that. I’ll probably update it after next week regardless but we are once loss away from me checking out. 

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So because people like to hope good things for their team, they’re part of the problem? Like @kleese said, nobody in this thread is enabling the FO in any way. I, and everyone else in this thread are not part of the problem. 

Dude, you’re a smart guy. 

Chill the hell out. It wasn’t that deep 

It would be easier to wait until after the MNF game but for those that simply cannot wait for their Redskins playoff path update, here you go...

There is a way to get in at 8-8, but I don’t have the energy or interest in laying that out. If we lose to Jax and are still alive (which we would be) I’ll maybe do it next week, but for now I’m only concerned with the path assuming the Redskins go 9-7. 

So while we dont control our our own destiny in a technical sense, we would still have an excellent chance to get in if we win our final three games. 

What we would need is to win the final three and have ONE of the following things take place:

—Dallas finish 0-3 (at Indy, TB, at NYG) 

—Chicago finish 0-3 (GB, at SF, at Minn) 

—Minnesota finish 2-2 or worse (at Sea, Mia, at Det, Chi)

—Seattle finish 1-3 or worse (Minn, at SF, KC, Ari) 

Doesn’t matter what happens with anyone else (Eagles, Panthers, Packers, Bucs, etc)... if we win out we finish ahead of all of them. 

Of the four teams listed above, I think the Vikings are our best bet. Really could use for them to lose at Seattle. We’d then only need them to lose one of their remaining three. I also think the Cowboys schedule is sort of sneaky tricky down the stretch. 

Anyway, there you go... Josh Johnson says three in a row or we don’t go. 

Archived