Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS dem bois

TK

Just now, skinsfan35yrs. said:

I dont think people are upset but just like me we are not happy with Alex not happy we got zero tds in the second half even with 2 first and goals in side the 10yrd line not happy we couldnt stop them late in the 4th

They had one good drive and yeah it sucked, but it happens. They have a very good defense and we were without our top 2 WRs and our pass catching TE and still pulled it out.

It was a great game. We never win those and we did. 4-2 with another 2 monkeys off our back. 

This was big. We just dominated dallas's run game. That's huge. When's the last time that could happen? 

The D came to play..BiG Big credit to those guys and coaches.

AP was a beast. Doctson made

an appearance. Still too little Reed. Still waiting on Alex to get comfy, it looks like it comes in spurts. The OL did there jobs today, very well.

All in all Gruden got it done. The Redskins got it done. It wasn’t pretty but we controlled the game throughout, and got a Division win, which is huge. Oh and we are in first place. Very proud of the team for coming out and looking focused and ready to win. They fought A hard defensive battle, and got it done. HTTR!!! 

8 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

The gameday threads are what I've always called them. The sewer gutter of the board where the worst trash piles up.

They don't enjoy the game day experience and they refuse to let anyone else enjoy it.

That's not entirely true IMO. It can get bogged down with negativity, but there is positivity as well (maybe not as much).

I really enjoy the raw, immediate, emotional responses over every play.  Sure, it's almost banal to proclaim that "WE SUCK!!!!" after one missed throw or tackle, but it makes me smile.  It shows that people really do care about the outcome.

I don't actually know one other Redskins fan and the few football-loving friends that I do have live too far away for us to watch games together regularly, so I usually end up watching alone.  The game-day thread, for all of it's faults, helps me feel connected to like-minded people in some way.

That probably sounds a bit more sad than it actually is, I do have many friends, but most are just not interested in football.

@London Kev i agree with you about the gameday threads. I love these :D ever since I became a fan, i would watch the games at home, and I follow the thread at the same time. Posts are hilarious (when we’re winning especially). Then back when i was away at school i didn’t get most of the games, so I’d follow play by play on nfl.com while also reading comments here to get a sense of how a play went or what exactly would happen throughout the game. Like you, i also feel connected with fellow skins fans by reading the thread for each game :) 

Anyone else catch that Chris Baker was at the game yesterday? I had no idea the dude wasn’t even on a team...and even then, what made him want to go to the game in the first place? Isn’t this like almost a completely different roster of guys than the ones he knew from his time here? Just seems a bit silly to me ??‍♂️ 

14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone else catch that Chris Baker was at the game yesterday? I had no idea the dude wasn’t even on a team...and even then, what made him want to go to the game in the first place? Isn’t this like almost a completely different roster of guys than the ones he knew from his time here? Just seems a bit silly to me ??‍♂️ 

He was at some Caps games on the road to the cup as well.  Has roots here and has nothing else to do I guess.

Good to know the game day thread faithful have not let anyone down by at some point and time declaring virtually every part of the team bums and they suck - despite a hard fought divisional game and a pretty good defensive team. For those of you not young enough to remember - this is how it used to be in football every week. Defenses slugging it out - making life miserable for the offense. Don't get me wrong, the offense has a lot to improve on. 

But hey, we got the win. The team is 4-2 with a very winnable game against the giants coming up and a not very good falcons team after. This team has a legitimate chance to get to 6-2. Anything less than 10-6 at that point should be considered a failure. 

Alex needs to get things figured out. He was just not good yesterday. Unlike against the Colts, he at least did enough to win - although that run out of bounds....  I did see he was thinking he could make the 1st down which would end the game. But he also admitted he needs to make a better decision there. I am sure no one was happier that FG clanked off the uprights than him. 

In fairness, he had little time to work with guys this off season and he was down 3 of his primary targets in Crowder, CT, and Richardson. He was finally getting some chemistry with Richardson before this week. Docston had a fair game. He caught some nice passes in tight coverage. If Alex will trust him to win more, you will see Doctson get more targets and make some plays. That play where he had to leap on the sidelines with a guy fully in front of him, was a much better catch than people realize. 

D looks great. I can't believe someone called Stroman a bum. Guy is a rookie! And he made some plays out there. Yes, he got burned on the one play badly. But again he is a rookie! Overall he did pretty good. 

I also saw several people say Kerrigan "finally" showed up. People that say are showing they really have little understanding of the game. RK has been doing his job. O lines have been focused on keeping him and Smith out of the backfield allowing Allen, Payne, and Iao  to make plays. The last few games teams have started having to game plan for that interior line so RK and Smith are starting to get better stat lines. It's a team thing. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I view gameday threads, crazy as they are, as nothing more than a snapshot of intense emotion, one picture at a time. Anything of note taken from it should come with a can of of Morton's, imo.

It's funny because as the game goes on, everyone gets a little tipsier...we're great, we suck, we're great again...etc. ?

I'm so glad the coaches finally realized how stupid it is to run a kickoff out of the endzone. 

I don't know the numbers but I'd bet its gotta be around 80 percent of the time when you do, something worse than the 25 yard line happens. 

It's very refreshing to see them just hold their arms out and watch it sail into the endzone. 

I'm all for playing aggressive and trying to win games but not at the cost of doing something that is statistical suicide. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I view gameday threads, crazy as they are, as nothing more than a snapshot of intense emotion, one picture at a time. Anything of note taken from it should come with a can of of Morton's, imo.

Agreed. I don't judge anyone based on what they say during the gameday thread(well, with some exceptions because some stupid stuff is inexcusable).

9 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

They had one good drive and yeah it sucked, but it happens. They have a very good defense and we were without our top 2 WRs and our pass catching TE and still pulled it out.

It was a great game. We never win those and we did. 4-2 with another 2 monkeys off our back. 

This was big. We just dominated dallas's run game. That's huge. When's the last time that could happen? 

Don’t forget Chris Thompson being out of the game. Teams have to respect him when he’s on the field.

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Some people actually like to watch the Redskins play.

Jesus christ this must be the whiniest fans in football. STFU, we won, we dominated, shouldn't have been as close as it was, but we beat our bitter rival and yet this board is still full of negativity. ****ing disappointing. 4-2, coming off of two big wins and people just can't help themselves. It isn't often that we are able to celebrate, so wake up and enjoy it.

Just now, Tarpon75 said:

Don’t forget Chris Thompson being out of the game. Teams have to respect him when he’s on the field.

Along with our 2 best WRs.

How are you supposed to pull Sean Lee, one of the best off Reed and Davis without threat of any other weapon, while you're running for your life.

Just now, CTskin said:

Jesus christ this must be the whiniest fans in football. STFU, we won, we dominated, shouldn't have been as close as it was, but we beat our bitter rival and yet this board is still full of negativity. ****ing disappointing. 4-2, coming off of two big wins and people just can't help themselves. It isn't often that we are able to celebrate, so wake up and enjoy it.

There's no pleasing the whine and cheese fans.

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

There are still a few guys he played with here but yea it's been a good amount of change.

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What is this celebration you guys are looking for but not finding?

Since when ever in the history of this board has it been anything but this after a win? 

Not sure if that was meant to be rhetorical, but we're 4-2 after beating the Cowboys. I don't know why there's any need to justify that anyone being a whiny **** today is a problem.

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Not sure if that was meant to be rhetorical, but we're 4-2 after beating the Cowboys. I don't know why there's any need to justify that anyone being a whiny **** today is a problem.

Whining about ‘whiners’ solves said problem?

Its not possible to enjoy a win while acknowledging the reality around it?  I doubt Skins fans are having the same conversations with Cowboys fans that we are having here.

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Thank you man...thank you..

Archived