Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE

TK

For Immediate Release

October 16, 2018

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster move:

The Redskins released the following player:

DE Ziggy Hoo

27 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

The Redskins had some players in for workouts. Could this roster cut be to add someone?

https://twitter.com/HBalzer721

Redskins tryouts: Gs Oday Aboushi, J.J. Dielman, John Jerry.

Stupid question, what other reason would you release a player unless it was to bring someone in?

Unless you were thinking practice squad elevation but even then they'd add someone to the practice squad. 

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Stupid question, what other reason would you release a player unless it was to bring someone in?

Unless you were thinking practice squad elevation but even then they'd add someone to the practice squad. 

I was wondering if this move was to bring one of the guys they worked out today. The other possibility was bringing someone up frpm our practice squad or raiding another teams practice squad.  I knew a open space on the roster would be to add someone.

I love PT but Hood made the team because of his versatility along the defensive front.  PT is more of a pure NT and the feeling was that Payne could play that position and Hood made more sense as a gameday backup due to his greater versatility and the fact that he was seen as strong leader in the locker room.

Archived