Thirtyfive2seven

Amari Cooper

Recommended Posts

I have read all kinds of conflicting reports about the Raiders seeking a 1st round pick for Cooper.  I don't think that the Redskins should offer that, but a 2nd? Absolutely.  The Redskins have zero #1 WR's on the roster.  Cooper, when healthy is absolutely that.  He's a possession receiver and can go deep.  Give the Raiders Doctson.  For free.

 

So if Cooper is available, what would you be willing to give up to get him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On one hand, Cooper hasn’t played at an all-pro level for well more than a year now.  Plus, the asking price is likely far too high.

 

On the other hand, given our record of 1st rounders/WR drafting this is probably as good as it gets for us.  Plus, I’m not all hung up on “building a champion”.  I just want the team to be exciting...and this excites me.

 

Let it ****ing ride!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay away from him. Rumors going into last year were about how terrible his training camp was. He wasn't good last year either for a perceived number one receiver. He had something like  He hasn't been good this year either. No way he is worth even a 2nd or 3rd round pick. First two years were good, last two years, not so much. Most of the time, it doesn't get better after two bad years for wide receivers who were once good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

He has the talent, just needs a change of scenery.  It would be perfect for him here!!!

When have we ever been the team that rehabs someone and offers the change of scenery they need? If anything we're the team that makes guys worse.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

When have we ever been the team that rehabs someone and offers the change of scenery they need? If anything we're the team that makes guys worse.

Stephen Davis

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis

London Fletcher

Deangelo Hall

 

 

All enjoyed success and stability when they came here.  Even AP is having a renaissance after a down year!

 

 

Edit: I keep thinking of more names!!!!

Edited by hatchetwound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Stephen Davis

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis

London Fletcher

Deangelo Hall

 

 

All enjoyed success and stability when they came here.  Even AP is having a renaissance after a down year!

 

 

Edit: I keep thinking of more names!!!!

 

Stephen Davis doesn't really belong on that list, since we drafted him ourselves.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I added him and then thought "wait, that doesn't fit".  For some reason his flop after year 1 in Carolina stick out to me.  You beat me to it <embarrassedface>

Edited by hatchetwound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis

London Fletcher

Deangelo Hall

 

 

All enjoyed success and stability when they came here.  Even AP is having a renaissance after a down year!

 

 

 

Definitely add Vernon Davis to that list...

 

Might even say Shawn Springs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

For me what sticks out, is the flop of Trung Canidate, after cutting Davis for him.

 

Stupid Spurrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 4:57 PM, hatchetwound said:

Stephen Davis

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis

London Fletcher

Deangelo Hall

 

 

All enjoyed success and stability when they came here.  Even AP is having a renaissance after a down year!

 

 

Edit: I keep thinking of more names!!!!

 

Santana Moss was no slouch in New York.  He had some good seasons here and some average ones.  

 

Clinton Portis had his best two seasons with Denver before coming here.  Yes, he was successful overall here but when you look at his first two years, he probably would be hall of fame bound if he had stayed in Denver.

 

Fletcher, also while successful here, was no slouch prior.

 

Deangelo Hall is the only one from your list who fits the bill of needing a "change of scenery" to revitalize their career.

 

As for Amari Cooper, maybe for a 4th rounder or later.  Maybe he could benefit from a change of scenery but such occurs in stable organizations.  We may be closer to that moniker than we ever have been since 1992, but we are nowhere near the level of the Steelers, Packers, Patriots, etc..., teams who can revive someone's career.  

Edited by Mr. S
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 7:25 AM, Thirtyfive2seven said:

I have read all kinds of conflicting reports about the Raiders seeking a 1st round pick for Cooper.  I don't think that the Redskins should offer that, but a 2nd? Absolutely.  The Redskins have zero #1 WR's on the roster.  Cooper, when healthy is absolutely that.  He's a possession receiver and can go deep.  Give the Raiders Doctson.  For free.

 

So if Cooper is available, what would you be willing to give up to get him?

 

Anything more than a 5th is crazy, and that's probably a stretch. His CAP hit next year is $14M and it's fully guaranteed.  Unless you get Oakland to cover that salary (not likely but is possible), that comes off your CAP. 

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. S said:

 

Santana Moss was no slouch in New York.  He had some good seasons here and some average ones.  

 

Clinton Portis had his best two seasons with Denver before coming here.  Yes, he was successful overall here but when you look at his first two years, he probably would be hall of fame bound if he had stayed in Denver.

 

Fletcher, also while successful here, was no slouch prior.

 

Deangelo Hall is the only one from your list who fits the bill of needing a "change of scenery" to revitalize their career.

 

As for Amari Cooper, maybe for a 4th rounder or later.  Maybe he could benefit from a change of scenery but such occurs in stable organizations.  We may be closer to that moniker than we ever have been since 1992, but we are nowhere near the level of the Steelers, Packers, Patriots, etc..., teams who can revive someone's career.  

You make some good points.  Maybe when I'm thinking of Moss, I think Redskin, not Jets.

 

Portis wanted OUT of Denver in the worst way.  He was used a bit differently here so its not really apples to apples.

 

Fletcher wanted a change of scenery because Buffalo

 

 

Agree on the compensation.  We should get him at a bargain price.  Okaland is insane if they think they can get a first for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 4:57 PM, hatchetwound said:

Stephen Davis

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis

London Fletcher

Deangelo Hall

 

 

All enjoyed success and stability when they came here.  Even AP is having a renaissance after a down year!

 

 

Edit: I keep thinking of more names!!!!

 

The only one we rehabbed was DHall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, justice98 said:

I think Cooper winds up in Dallas, if he goes anywhere.  They're more desperate than we are.

 

That can be argued against.

Isn't our WR production rated the 3rd worst in the league, based on one particular stat ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 4:07 PM, justice98 said:

I think Cooper winds up in Dallas, if he goes anywhere.  They're more desperate than we are.

 

Nailed it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, a 1st round pick? That is crazy.  I wouldn't have minded adding Amari Cooper to this roster, but not for a 1st round pick. Leave it to Jerry Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, wait wait.....did Jerry Jones just give up a likely top 15 draft pick for to trade for a medicore WR with bad hands?

 

...

 

mjl.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.