Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amari Cooper

Thirtyfive2seven

I have read all kinds of conflicting reports about the Raiders seeking a 1st round pick for Cooper.  I don't think that the Redskins should offer that, but a 2nd? Absolutely.  The Redskins have zero #1 WR's on the roster.  Cooper, when healthy is absolutely that.  He's a possession receiver and can go deep.  Give the Raiders Doctson.  For free.

So if Cooper is available, what would you be willing to give up to get him?

On one hand, Cooper hasn’t played at an all-pro level for well more than a year now.  Plus, the asking price is likely far too high.

On the other hand, given our record of 1st rounders/WR drafting this is probably as good as it gets for us.  Plus, I’m not all hung up on “building a champion”.  I just want the team to be exciting...and this excites me.

Let it ****ing ride!

Stay away from him. Rumors going into last year were about how terrible his training camp was. He wasn't good last year either for a perceived number one receiver. He had something like  He hasn't been good this year either. No way he is worth even a 2nd or 3rd round pick. First two years were good, last two years, not so much. Most of the time, it doesn't get better after two bad years for wide receivers who were once good. 

6 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

He has the talent, just needs a change of scenery.  It would be perfect for him here!!!

When have we ever been the team that rehabs someone and offers the change of scenery they need? If anything we're the team that makes guys worse.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

When have we ever been the team that rehabs someone and offers the change of scenery they need? If anything we're the team that makes guys worse.

Stephen Davis

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis

London Fletcher

Deangelo Hall

All enjoyed success and stability when they came here.  Even AP is having a renaissance after a down year!

Edit: I keep thinking of more names!!!!

27 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Stephen Davis

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis

London Fletcher

Deangelo Hall

All enjoyed success and stability when they came here.  Even AP is having a renaissance after a down year!

Stephen Davis doesn't really belong on that list, since we drafted him ourselves.

On 10/16/2018 at 4:57 PM, hatchetwound said:

Stephen Davis

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis

London Fletcher

Deangelo Hall

Santana Moss was no slouch in New York.  He had some good seasons here and some average ones.  

Clinton Portis had his best two seasons with Denver before coming here.  Yes, he was successful overall here but when you look at his first two years, he probably would be hall of fame bound if he had stayed in Denver.

Fletcher, also while successful here, was no slouch prior.

Deangelo Hall is the only one from your list who fits the bill of needing a "change of scenery" to revitalize their career.

As for Amari Cooper, maybe for a 4th rounder or later.  Maybe he could benefit from a change of scenery but such occurs in stable organizations.  We may be closer to that moniker than we ever have been since 1992, but we are nowhere near the level of the Steelers, Packers, Patriots, etc..., teams who can revive someone's career.  

On 10/16/2018 at 7:25 AM, Thirtyfive2seven said:

I have read all kinds of conflicting reports about the Raiders seeking a 1st round pick for Cooper.  I don't think that the Redskins should offer that, but a 2nd? Absolutely.  The Redskins have zero #1 WR's on the roster.  Cooper, when healthy is absolutely that.  He's a possession receiver and can go deep.  Give the Raiders Doctson.  For free.

So if Cooper is available, what would you be willing to give up to get him?

Anything more than a 5th is crazy, and that's probably a stretch. His CAP hit next year is $14M and it's fully guaranteed.  Unless you get Oakland to cover that salary (not likely but is possible), that comes off your CAP. 

3 hours ago, Mr. S said:

Santana Moss was no slouch in New York.  He had some good seasons here and some average ones.  

Clinton Portis had his best two seasons with Denver before coming here.  Yes, he was successful overall here but when you look at his first two years, he probably would be hall of fame bound if he had stayed in Denver.

Fletcher, also while successful here, was no slouch prior.

Deangelo Hall is the only one from your list who fits the bill of needing a "change of scenery" to revitalize their career.

As for Amari Cooper, maybe for a 4th rounder or later.  Maybe he could benefit from a change of scenery but such occurs in stable organizations.  We may be closer to that moniker than we ever have been since 1992, but we are nowhere near the level of the Steelers, Packers, Patriots, etc..., teams who can revive someone's career.  

You make some good points.  Maybe when I'm thinking of Moss, I think Redskin, not Jets.

Portis wanted OUT of Denver in the worst way.  He was used a bit differently here so its not really apples to apples.

Fletcher wanted a change of scenery because Buffalo

Agree on the compensation.  We should get him at a bargain price.  Okaland is insane if they think they can get a first for him.

On 10/16/2018 at 4:57 PM, hatchetwound said:

Stephen Davis

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis

London Fletcher

Deangelo Hall

The only one we rehabbed was DHall.

Archived