Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: Who Wants To Be On Top ?

skins island connection

Who Wins the Game ?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the battle for 1st place in the division?

• Washington Redskins
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Tie ? we don't need no stinkin' tie !!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2018 at 08:00 PM

12 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

I also expect the refs to screw us HARD early in this game.  No one outside of DC wants to see the Cowboys lose.  I've seen the script too many times.  Cowboy linemen will hold Kerrigan, at least one big Redskins play on an early drive will be called back for a BS holding call, and the refs will call phantom pass interference on our secondary, making them play timid the rest of the game.

9 out of 10 times we'd lose to the Saints on MNF for Drew Brees day. But for them to receive three gift 1st downs when they would have been forced to punt on their first two drives made that game unwinnable for us. We know we're no worldbeaters and even in a fairly called game the Saints are the better team, but to add in phantom penalties and give Brees 2nd chances just made it impossible. 

The last time Hussey officiated a Cowboys game, he flagged their opponent for 123 yards... We're facing a boring, monotonous, grinding offense and we can't give them anything for free.

4 hours ago, #BgMase76# said:

23-Skinz

19-dallass

Any word Lauvao this week? I like what I see out of Rouille at LG. He's athletic and a serious upgrade. Bergstrom has been solid at C. 

Really? I thought both played poorly recently. Hope Roullier can move back to Center and Lauvao is good to go. Lauvao is no upgrade but Roullier at Center is.

58 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Really? I thought both played poorly recently. Hope Roullier can move back to Center and Lauvao is good to go. Lauvao is no upgrade but Roullier at Center is.

The results against Carolina would disagree. That's a very good defensive line. And they opened some nice holes - up the middle too, not just the edges. And Lauvao is a such a downgrade to anyone that anything that keeps off the field is fine with me. He should not be starting on this team - he would not be a starter anywhere else - hence the reason he could be signed for veteran minimum after not being signed by anyone else during free agency. 

Looks like PFF has this O line ranked 14th

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-6

WAS-Redskins-Header.png

Center is traditionally the easiest position to pass protect for a couple of reasons. The guy you’re going up against is usually the least athletic of anyone on the defensive line, and you are almost never on an island one-on-one. That being said, the fact that Tony Bergstrom has allowed eight pressures in his three games as a starter is concerning.

21 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Not loving this matchup.  

I think their dline (and linebackers) gives us fits, and their oline exposes our front 7.  I think we have to be +2 in the turnover battle to have a real shot.  

23-13 Cowboys (ugh, I hated typing that)

Their MLBs are insane.  And the D line is arguably one of the best in the NFL.  It's not going to be easy.   Be interesting to see if Peterson can run against their front.   I presume lots of stunts -- that's what Dallas likes to do against the Redskins.  My main hope is their anemic passing game.  They are ranked 29th in yards per game.  We are 24th -- not hot but at least better than them.  

Skins surprise us all, play their first complete game of the season.  D holds the ugly ewok dude to under 100 rushing.

Dak Prescott is a bamma.

Skins 31, Dallas 17.  And it isn't even that close, Dallas get a garbage TD very late. 

2 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Redskins win this game and I might start having a little belief in that guy who predicted the Redskins and Patriots in the SB.

Over the years, the Redskins have retired a few HOF players, none stick out more than Walter Payton.

Tom Brady anyone?

I started the fantasy island thread where I had the Skins playing the Pats and Skins taking it all. But the other guy started a thread after mine where he just basically said mark my words. Fantasy or not it sure will feel good if that really happens. :)

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Their MLBs are insane.  And the D line is arguably one of the best in the NFL.  It's not going to be easy.   Be interesting to see if Peterson can run against their front.   I presume lots of stunts -- that's what Dallas likes to do against the Redskins.  My main hope is their anemic passing game.  They are ranked 29th in yards per game.  We are 24th -- not hot but at least better than them.  

A very good front 7 that excels at what our line is weakest at... that doesn’t bode well.  Couple that with the way Smith has been playing and I’m just not feeling it.  I’m thinking a lot of checkdowns, very limited run game, lots of 3rd and longs, and too many stalled drives.  All of which makes the defense’s job harder.  I think the D could limit the Cowboys if our offense maintains drives, but I just don’t see that happening (with any consistency).  Which is why I think we’ll need to get turnovers to win.  

Here’s hoping I’m dead wrong.  God I would love to beat them.  

Skins 27

Boys. 23

Redskins will out score Dallas 24-10 in the first half and need a defensive stand at the end of the game.  My football buddies are Cowboy fans and they are overly confident over last weeks game.  A week earlier they believed they were lousy.  HTTR!

Redskins:

Week 1: Win

Week 2: Loss

Week 3: Win

Week 5: Loss

Week 6: Win

Cowboys:

Week 1: Loss

Week 2: Win

Week 3 Loss

Week 4: Win

Week 5: Loss

Week 6: Win

Battle of the Jekyll and Hydes. Will Gruden out Garrett Jason Garrett? Or will Garrett out Gruden Jay Gruden? Stay tuned folks, it's about to get weird. 

Overall, not feeling good about this one. 20-16 Dallass

Archived