Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Offensive Line Thread

KDawg

44 minutes ago, c slag said:

Have you ever seen a player taken off the field on a wheelchair before today?

I mean seriously I have seen the cart or carried off but a wheelchair that was a first for me at least

The cart tore a rotator bearing in Week 3. 

What really irritates me about the whole situation is there was no serious attempt to upgrade the left guard position before the season.  Most fans knew it was an issue but it was as if they were determined to have Lavauo as a starter.I really don’t understand it either,he is not really effective when he is healthy and he is never healthy. I have seen him bull rushed way too many times. It  seems as though they’re willing to address every other area of their roster.  If I’m not mistaken the Skins have 10 draft picks in the spring,at least two or three need to be used on the o-line. They should use whatever means available to upgrade the line .

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

The cart tore a rotator bearing in Week 3. 

True,it hit a large divit on the sideline around the 10. You would think they would have found a suitable replacement by now.

We draft linemen every year.  They start the two/three year development cycle, never see the field unless there is an injury (ie never develope) and then get cut because we drafted the next 5th round pick.    So you end up with the Lavaua's of the world who literally probably has not played 16 total games in 3 season starting for your football team.   

1 hour ago, c slag said:

Have you ever seen a player taken off the field on a wheelchair before today?

I mean seriously I have seen the cart or carried off but a wheelchair that was a first for me at least

That was unbelievable.  They hit a huge bump too which I'm sure aggravated an injury.  Odd seeing a 6'3" 320 lb dude in a wheelchair.  Pretty sure my local high school has carts to carry injured players off the field

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Year after year we’re among the worst in the nfl for games missed for injury. 

And everyone chalks it up to luck instead of pointing fingers at the coaches and training staff.  

With Brandon’s injury not sure how you can blame the coaching staff when he took a cheap shot. I blame the front offense for not drafting multiple offensive lineman when the year before we lost so many players. 

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Year after year we’re among the worst in the nfl for games missed for injury. 

And everyone chalks it up to luck instead of pointing fingers at the coaches and training staff.  

Nah, I think us as fans having been calling this, there was even a thread about it.  The franchise itself is definitely acting like its normal, its not.

Archived