skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Washington Redskins
    • Carolina Panthers
    • The unlikely tie?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2018 at 04:59 PM

Finlay said on 106.7 the vibe he has being around the team with all the different plot lines, Alex, Jay, Norman -- it is more tumultuous than its been in years -- lot of tension.  Chris Russell has been saying Dan is angry behind the scenes.   Jay himself references "we have a cloud looming over our head"

Good news to me about it and bad news.

good news is it feels a lot like 2015 before the Tampa game -- even though this situation record wise is no where as dire considering the rest of the NFC East records. So they'd come out with urgency and win. 

bad news is with all this hovering around and they lose to Carolina especially if its a no show kind of stadium -- wow the negativity that likely looms from that will be intense.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

bad news is with all this hovering around and they lose to Carolina especially if its a no show kind of stadium -- wow the negativity that likely looms from that will be intense.

Maaaan, thiaplace is going to be radioactive if we lose this game and at home against Dallas.  Like some sub-500 record we will become one of those franchises advertising other teams stars until we get right, point of no return, event horizon type ****.

I want to go, but younger cousin will be in town.  I'm waiting to make my prediction on AP playing, but I say we win anyway. Have to.

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Maaaan, thiaplace is going to be radioactive if we lose this game and at home against Dallas.  Like some sub-500 record we will become one of those franchises advertising other teams stars until we get right, point of no return, event horizon type ****.

I want to go, but younger cousin will be in town.  I'm waiting to make my prediction on AP playing, but I say we win anyway. Have to.

Yeah it feels like a must win which is odd to say because if they lose they are still obviously in the thick of it.  But a loss here -- with Dallas looming who has owned us in recent years wow what a crazy week that will be leading up to that if it went down. 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah it feels like a must win which is odd to say because if they lose they are still obviously in the thick of it.  But a loss here -- with Dallas looming who has owned us in recent years wow what a crazy week that will be leading up to that if it went down. 

If they lose a hard-fought, close game, say within 3-4 points, maybe, just maybe they could be 'in the thick of it' mentally,  But they absolutely cannot go into this game with that mentality. That would give them that 'we're still in the mix' attitude, and its downhill from there. Gruden must hammer this message to them, no slack.

They have to treat this game, and most every game, as a must-win, no horse-****ting, no showboating on the field when someone makes a play, it has to be strictly business. My blood boils seeing crap like that; they make a good play and its 'look at me' time, then the very next play they're burned badly and jogging to the sideline.

I know its part of the game to maybe get the crowd into it, but the average fan knows when a player makes a great play so there's no need for drawing attention to themselves; just give a little forearm check and get ready for the next play.

Agreed.

i usually like seeing my teams plays with swagger and confidence but these idiots celebrate after any little play and then get their asses toasted right after. It’s obnoxious as ****. They truly act like they’re a top team. Again the arrogance kills me. 

Jalen Ramsay can act like that because he’s a beast 16 games a year and how many other times Blake Bortles is able to play competent QB in the playoffs 

13 hours ago, skins island connection said:

If they lose a hard-fought, close game, say within 3-4 points, maybe, just maybe they could be 'in the thick of it' mentally,  But they absolutely cannot go into this game with that mentality. That would give them that 'we're still in the mix' attitude, and its downhill from there. Gruden must hammer this message to them, no slack.

They have to treat this game, and most every game, as a must-win, no horse-****ting, no showboating on the field when someone makes a play, it has to be strictly business. My blood boils seeing crap like that; they make a good play and its 'look at me' time, then the very next play they're burned badly and jogging to the sideline.

I know its part of the game to maybe get the crowd into it, but the average fan knows when a player makes a great play so there's no need for drawing attention to themselves; just give a little forearm check and get ready for the next play.

It's the dark side of the new age culture of "Expressing yourself"

I'm all for expressing yourself if you walk the walk. I dont like gump ass dudes flexing after every play. Its insulting to watch, and I'm tired of it. Play football. When you learn how to tackle,  and not be chasing dude's down like some parent chasing their kid old school with a switch, then you can flex. 

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In other words, the beginning of the end.

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay said on 106.7 the vibe he has being around the team with all the different plot lines, Alex, Jay, Norman -- it is more tumultuous than its been in years -- lot of tension.  Chris Russell has been saying Dan is angry behind the scenes.   Jay himself references "we have a cloud looming over our head"

Good news to me about it and bad news.

good news is it feels a lot like 2015 before the Tampa game -- even though this situation record wise is no where as dire considering the rest of the NFC East records. So they'd come out with urgency and win. 

There is no way some of the starters on our offense are not thinking we downgraded at QB. No Way

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

maybe not for real but I think it will feel that way for about a week.  And if they lose this game and to Dallas the week after, wow.  But I don't think that will happen.  Will see. 

Beating the Panthers and losing to the Cowboys would not sit well. Carolina is a much better team, and the heat would get hotter losing to Dallas and really bring up legitimate questions about how this coaching staff lacks getting the players prepared and motivated.

23 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Agreed.

i usually like seeing my teams plays with swagger and confidence but these idiots celebrate after any little play and then get their asses toasted right after. It’s obnoxious as ****. They truly act like they’re a top team. Again the arrogance kills me. 

Jalen Ramsay can act like that because he’s a beast 16 games a year and how many other times Blake Bortles is able to play competent QB in the playoffs 

Our guys celebrate way too much. Its ridiculous. STFU and get back into the huddle.

8 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Beating the Panthers and losing to the Cowboys would not sit well. Carolina is a much better team, and the heat would get hotter losing to Dallas and really bring up legitimate questions about how this coaching staff lacks getting the players prepared and motivated.

The other thing about beating Carolina but losing to Dallas is you got the one win, one loss pattern and the Cowboys recent dominance over us.  So agree, that wouldn't be good either.  I've watched a lot of Dallas -- they won't be easy to run on, their front 7 is stout.

Archived