Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Saints

KDawg

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think the NFL is definitely capable of rigging games through the refs. I dont even see how people see it as some impossible feat. It's a  money driven league. Not saying we dont suck ass... because we obviously do. Just saying those defensive penalties were BS. 

Of course they're CAPABLE. But they won't do it. Because if they ever get caught, the league would be absolutely finished.

People don't seem to understand just how hard it would be to rig games. So many people would have to be in on it. All it takes is one domino falling and the entire thing collapses.

Use common sense. What's more likely: a league-wide conspiracy to screw over one of the flagship NFL franchises, or us just being straight up bad, like we have been for the better part of 30 years now? 

46 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Of course they're CAPABLE. But they won't do it. Because if they ever get caught, the league would be absolutely finished.

People don't seem to understand just how hard it would be to rig games. So many people would have to be in on it. All it takes is one domino falling and the entire thing collapses.

Use common sense. What's more likely: a league-wide conspiracy to screw over one of the flagship NFL franchises, or us just being straight up bad, like we have been for the better part of 30 years now? 

Well do you look at star treatment by refs in the NBA as rigging? That's what I felt like Brees was getting. It just felt like they wanted him to break that record on live TV and we were the victims of history being made. Its literally all the announcers were talking about. 

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Ultimately, last night was still just one game. We've had seasons with awful losses and bounce back to make playoff runs. The NFC East is still very weak and we're still in 1st place.

In all likelihood, even if we showed up and played at 100% of our max capabilities last night, we weren't going to win. Sometimes you're just set up to lose a game, like playing the Giants after their owner died. By the way, we made the playoffs that year too.

The worst possible outcome for this season is to win the division at 9-7. 

That all but guarentees us snother year or year or two of ~8-8 under Allen and Gruden.

Which of course makes it the most likely scenario...

44 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Well do you look at star treatment by refs in the NBA as rigging? That's what I felt like Brees was getting. It just felt like they wanted him to break that record on live TV and we were the victims of history being made. Its literally all the announcers were talking about. 

There’s a difference between getting reputation call for being a star and a league wide conspiracy

5 hours ago, zskins said:

Silly Bunny we had BB Chat Rooms instead back in 1989. 

And I can googlize this? (That's a serious question, I would love to know)

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They would have said that they weren’t very good. A lot of difference in 1989 and their first Super Bowl team. See if you can tell which is a championship roster 

Lots of guys were already on the team in 1989 (like Irvin, but he was IR'ed). Their only wins was without Troy Aikman as well (against us... so our history of being bad against newbie QB has a long history too!). Guys like Holt, Stepnoski, where already on the team... So, despise beng bad, the team had the roots for the making of a dinasty. But obviously, as it is well known, the Herschel Walker trade played a huge part in this. That kind of trade hardly ever happens nowadays, and our FO is nowhere any competent to do something like this.

Anyway, that was justa small remark to tell us that everything is not always doom and gloom as we tend to make it looks like around here. We are mostly defined by the way we react to adversity, so I can't wait to see how this team will respond. Not only sunday, but next one and the next one as well. And so on...

Now, I've also read guys (players) saying the Ravens game in preseason was a wake up call. Or kinda. Then, you have the Colts, and it's again a wake up call. Now the Saints. How many more wake up calls do these guys need?

I'm starting to think that some around Redskins Park needs a heavy dose of our mods to get their butts kicked. You can win, you can lose, I don't care much.

You just can't crap the bed...

7 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

If the Redskins are the best team in the NFC East, that once great division is in its worst shape in living memory..

Hail.

I think people are getting a little too excited about this. I expect Philly to go on a roll. They are losing close games to good teams while working an injured QB back in. I don't expect them to be bad enough for us to back into a division title. 

On 10/10/2018 at 2:12 AM, Rufus T Firefly said:

I think people are getting a little too excited about this. I expect Philly to go on a roll. They are losing close games to good teams while working an injured QB back in. I don't expect them to be bad enough for us to back into a division title.  

They're not playing well on defense though.  They're giving up big plays and they aren't winning the line of scrimmage.  That consistent ability to win the LoS is what powered them to their championship.  If that's not working this year, we have a legit chance to beat them.

The key takeaway is how our team starts. If we score first we're going to be a much better football team. If the other team scores first we're going to struggle. That is going to be the case all season. Get behind? Hold on to your hats because it could get ugly (ala Monday). Get a lead? Team looks MUCH more poised and put together. We need to get used to that until we fix that. This team needs a lot of work, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that they somehow put together a decent record (which can be debated if that's a good or a bad thing).

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The key takeaway is how our team starts. If we score first we're going to be a much better football team. If the other team scores first we're going to struggle. That is going to be the case all season. Get behind? Hold on to your hats because it could get ugly (ala Monday). Get a lead? Team looks MUCH more poised and put together. We need to get used to that until we fix that. This team needs a lot of work, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that they somehow put together a decent record (which can be debated if that's a good or a bad thing).

You are basically saying this team is a bunch of weak ass pansies, with no fight.   You can't fix a lack of heart , a lack of accountability and a losing culture through the players or coaches.  Even Gibbs 2 could not overcome it.  Change the roster, change the coaches it still remains the same.

Is it the culture or is it what the quantum world refers to as a "field effect". In this case the field effect known as the Redskins.  The solution?  Change the composition.  You have to gut the whole organization meaning Danny Snyder selling the team. It shifts everything. But it is not going to happen.  

It looked like a college team against a high school team. I think our team reflects their soft head coach and sorry tail drafting, contracts, and free-agent signings or lack of. I don’t remember watching a game where a particular team really didn’t appear to be an NFL team. The redskins didn’t look like they belonged on the same field with the saints. Couldn’t block, couldn’t tackle, and the plan on both sides of the ball was attrocious. Get rid of Allen, hire a GM, and start over.  I mean, you guys feel my same pain. 5 can’t block 4 for 4 seconds? And what kind of defense were we playing? The watch run by D? Worst damn performance by ANY NFL team in prime time and I’m sick of it. 

Some have probably heard some of the grades but Cooley graded the offense and defense, this was the first week I had a chance to listen to his podcasts.

So for anyone interested here are his grades from the Monday Night Meltdown.

Cooley Grading System - He says its extremly difficult to score higher than a 93 using his system.

86 and above = A
76 - 85 = B
66 - 75 = C
51 - 65 = D
50 or less = F

Offensive Grades

Concerning the passing game, Cooley says the timing isn't there between QB, RB, and WR's, and he doesn't see a way we can be successful without balance, this is not an offense that can get behind or on a shootout.

He said they should get Alex going by using easier throws early in the game.

Concerning the offensive line, Cooley says he doesn't like the way the team is coached to block by trying to turn and pin defenders.

Cooley's overall opinion from watching the film on the offense was that guys were open all day and we left a ton of points off the board, he said don't buy into the narrative that our WR's and TE's aren't open.

A. Smith - No grade, said it wasn't an F but he wouldn't grade him, I think he was just being nice, IMO.
Trent - 82 - Good but not his best game, maybe some trust issues with Chase.
CT - 86 - Great in pass pro
AP - 84  - Good in check downs, On our 2nd drive where we got into the redzone he missed the hole by bouncing to the outside, could have been a td.
Chase - 67 - Problem dipping head and with stunts.
Moses - 69 - Seems to stay with blockers but needs to be better
Bergstrom - 74
Scherff - 88 - Beast, tries to turn and pin too much but Cooley thinks the line is being coached to do that.
Crowder - 80 - Good separator, passes weren't where they needed to be, an A in the passing game but poor at blocking.
PRich - 80 - Great catch, he doesn't look like he's running a 4.3 right now, might be beaten up a bit.
Harris - 70 - Liked big play, could separate better, some miscommunication on some routes.
Reed - 65 - Only in on 60% of our plays, said we need to get him on the field more. Whiffed badly on a block that could have sprung CT.  He needs to get better at not running tempo routes at 75% to 85%, he runs too many of them and it makes it easier for DB's to fall off on other receivers.
VD - 85 - Had a good game blocking, was open several times downfield and the throws weren't made.

Defensive Grades

Payne - 87 - really good, impressed by his overall play this year, took on lots of double teams.
Allen - 84 was pretty good, also took on lots of double teams lacked pass rush.
loannidis - 70
Kerrigan - 74
P Smith - 71
R .Anderson - 86 - only had 11 plays but he played well and he needs more reps.
Brown - 65 - rough day
Foster - 65 - rough day
Montae - 64 - rough day
Swearinger - 60 - really rough day
Norman - 64 Mostly for mental mistakes and poor awareness - Bree's didn't target Norman, they went away from him all game. Thomas had no catches on him.
Dunbar - 68 - 6 targets 5 were receptions, he needs to tackle a bit better, Cooley thought the penalty against him was BS and the noncall that would have been in favor of Dunbar was also BS.
Moreau - 75 - Played well, needs to be in man coverage.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:03 AM, Bang said:

Oh my GOD< NFL Network is nothing but,, including an animated Snoop Dogg telling us HE doesn't have the problem, but YOU probably do so call....

~Bang

I SAW THAT SNOOP DOGG AD AT THE BOWLING ALLEY!

I am almost sure I threw a bad shot and left an open frame because I was bewildered by what I'd seen.

On 10/10/2018 at 1:12 AM, Rufus T Firefly said:

yeah, Thursday game against the gnats showed that 

Archived