Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Saints

KDawg

Until the rot in the front office is cleared we will always suck, this team could have been good had we built off the 2016 roster but instead they tried to get cute and now we have 0 I really miss Kirk right now say what you wanna say but post 2015 his lead offenses have had maybe a couple games a year where they looked bad this year we have already had two we look very close to having our wheels fall off the bus...

I wasn't confident that the skins would win this - I had picked the Saints to win but I did expect to see the Skins would compete.  

What an embarrassment.  The Skins are 2-14 on Monday night football in the last 16 games.  What is wrong with this team?  Where is their pride?

My thoughts today is that Ive seen enough of Gruden and this staff.  Im not one to usually start wanting a new head coach after a bad loss but its been long enough.  He and this staff can't seem to prepare the team.  Cant adjust and as sad as it is to say can't seem to motivate the players.  Obviously thats on the players too as you would think pride and the paycheck would motivate but for this group they need more.

Its just time to try something else.  Not suggesting Gruden get fired now or during the season but I really don't care to see more of this same thing next year.  A new coaching staff and a new GM...  How do we come out of a bye week and look like that?

6 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Alex was not good last nite, no argument there, but holy cow the O line was bad.  This was the main reason for the inaccuracy by Alex.  Tough for any QB to stand there and be accurate knowing you are about to be hammered on every drop back.  

Here is my question to the head coach......why not call quick passes to offset the Saints pass rush???  Where is the in game adjustment??

I saw them try, guys couldn't get open fast enough.  Leauge has figured out how to defend CT now, and once Richardson was out, Reed was our best receiver.  I can not tell if more plays were called for Reed and Alex just couldn't get it to him, but we became a very easy to defend offense once the threat of AD went down.

I'm not making any excuses for Alex, **** that, that pick in the red zone that got ran back shoulda been an over the top part.  I didn't know his arm strength wqw that weak, now i know, that "bullet" was an angry bird looking duck the moment it left his hand.

The only good thing to come out of the game is the defensive linemen are still the strength of the team.  Not a bold statement with 2 #1 picks up there and decent depth.  But they're still stout against the run and provide decent supplemental pressure.  They gotta get some help on the edges though.

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Totally sucked woke up to read that after the game Norman has a Twitter fight with Michael Thomas after that beating? Today I want these guys cut or fired

1. Jay Gruden - IÂ’ve given him a chance but 1-4 after his bye weeks is his legacy. Zero TDs in the third quarter after five games? No in game management at all. He has to go

2. Bruce and Dan - They havenÂ’t changed a thing. The teams doomed since the top of the team thinks that itÂ’s cute to post videos of the team riding scooters right before an ass beating like that. They need to be fired and banned from the stadium

3. Josh Norman - Over paid diva who canÂ’t play anymore. Embarrassing having him on the team

4. Alex Smith - No excuses his play was awful last night. Worst game I’ve seen from him in a long time. 

Could go on and on about this. I predicted a loss but even with no expectations no one could have convinced me that the game would go like that. From top to bottom they all sucked and IÂ’m sick of it

Leaving aside that Dan is the owner and as Jed York famously said, you can't fire the owner.  I seem to recall you banging the drum for Alex Smith long before the trade went down so what has happened in 4 games to make you change your mind?  Yes he was horrible last night but the team was a shambles across the board and Alex is not going to overcome that, he is a bang average player who will play to the level of the team around him.  You can win with a guy like Alex but you won't win because of Alex, I thought we all understood that.

Jay is on seriously thin ice now, I cannot see him making it to another season unless we take a big leap forward in the next few weeks and finish with a 10 or 11 win season and a playoff spot.  Right now that really is not looking very likely.  If his time is up though, please don't give it to Manusky.  Without a time machine we can't give it to McVay but we need to conduct a real search and pray the next coaching guru is out there waiting for the Redskins to find him and not just go with a retread or safe pair of hands.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Of all the things I'm not surprised happened last night, Alex inaccuracy is.  That scares me, there was a point Crowder had inside position running into the endzone and Alex threw it at his feet.  Crowder through his hands up out of frustration, that film study is gonna have a lot of grumbling.  

Taking a day to breathe, there's no play call designed for passes thrown at someone feet.  They have to get that fixed, well be back in the stone age if we don't.  I blame Alex for this lose more then anyone else.

Film Study? Lol, I’d burn this game film at the stake. An effigy to our horrible performance. 

One game in the grand scheme of things, but what a horrible game, bleh. Smith looked awful, o-line was making mental mistakes all night, secondary was more burnt than the right side of Harvey Dent’s face. I think I’m most troubled by Norman smack talking Thomas after the game. You serious? You just got benched and destroyed on MNF and you’re going at it on Twitter? Grow up, please. Focus on beating your former team next week. 

I will say this, though: When the Vikings got walloped by the Bills, lot of people on here were happy and saying how good Alex looked against the Pack and how good we were. This week, it was that we were fleeced by Reid again and we should have kept Cousins. Everyone is awful. 

The NFL is a week to week league. Titans beat the Eagles who turn around and lose to the Bills. Ravens beat the Steelers and follow up with a loss to the Browns. Bills beat the Vikings and get shut out by the Packers. Who knows what next week will bring? 

21 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Alex was not good last nite, no argument there, but holy cow the O line was bad.  This was the main reason for the inaccuracy by Alex.  Tough for any QB to stand there and be accurate knowing you are about to be hammered on every drop back.  

Here is my question to the head coach......why not call quick passes to offset the Saints pass rush???  Where is the in game adjustment??

What you are seeing here is how much longer he holds the ball than Cousins did.  The Oline was much worse last season.  

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I realize this was tongue in cheek, but if you want to talk about legit best players on this team...

DJ Swearinger, Vernon Davis, Daron Payne, Chris Thompson and Adrian Peterson.

Those are our best players.

Jon Allen?

How's this for a little wishful thinking...if we HAD to ship a CB to KC for Alex Smith, what if it were Norman instead of Fuller...*sigh* a guy can dream

Burn the tape and move on.

We got run out of the stadium by a historic night for Brees in the dome.

This team has certain problems but we wont be playing the Saints in the dome again.

8-8 team is what we thought going in .. this is what 8-8 looks to me.

Sucks but its what should have reasonably been expected.

Did Swearinger say the had bad practices this week? If he ever does that again, I betting my house against the Skins next time.

28 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

What you are seeing here is how much longer he holds the ball than Cousins did.  The Oline was much worse last season.  

Yep. Cousins gets the ball out quick. Minny has a very suspect OL when healthy, and they had injuries. They don't have a 100 yard rusher ye (ok, Murry, just broke 100 in the last game, 106 for the year). Not for a game...................for the entire season. Completely one-dimentional offense with a D that has been iffy.

And he still stands in the pocket and gets the ball out. On time.

One thing that has jumped out at me. I've taken to watch the highlight reel for most of the games on YouTube, since I don't have any cool sports packages. Every week, I see Cousins make 2-3 throws that just drop my jaw, usually getting hit. Watch a Redskins clip, you don't see that from Smith. Usually, it's a checkdown and someone makes a big play after the fact.

9 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

Film Study? Lol, I’d burn this game film at the stake. An effigy to our horrible performance. 

. Who knows what next week will bring? 

All the more reason i won't give up yet.  500 might win division, but went them to watch, get sick, and do something about it.

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

All the more reason i won't give up yet.  500 might win division, but went them to watch, get sick, and do something about it.

Yup, lets just try to tread some water until December and then see if we cant put some things together.

Last night sucked, washes out the GB game imo, lets just strap up and improve.

Season wasnt won or lost in game 4 in the dome.

Yesterday I was like a little kid on christmas morning. Skins on MNF and Yankees vs Sox. I joked with my wife that if they both won I wouldn't be able to sleep, if they both lost I wouldn't be able to sleep, and if one won and one lost then I'd have a shot at sleep... But of course, it was worst-case scenario where both games were turned off barely half way through. The good news is that both were so laughably bad so quickly that I was able to get to sleep much earlier than expected.

I don't know where to begin with the Skins, it's all been said. 

-We've avoided prime time complete embarrassment for too long, we were due for one of these.

-Saints are a legit SB contender and this is what they do. Especially on Drew Brees day.

-Manusky/Gray deserve a lot of the blame. The guys were lost. Everything was a straight 4-man rush. Where were the blitzes, where were the stunts, where was the fire?

-Callahan and the OL are not what a lot of fans crack them up to be. Literally every piece is overrated. 

-Are the offensive problems due to Gruden's scheme? Is it lack of weapons? Is it Alex Smith? Unfortunately, it's all of the above.

-If you're not going to target a WR, then look for Reed! We actually have a healthy Jordan Reed, our best weapon, and we're not using him. Smart.

-Alex Smith smh. The one thing I really liked about getting Smith was his veteran composure, headiness, and football IQ. He looked terrified every snap. Playing for this team must be torture... No wrs getting open and no trust in your OL.

-Hindsight is 20/20, but I really wanted to get Johnathan Hankins before the draft because it would have allowed us versatility with our 1st round pick. Derwin James was easily the best-on-board for our pick. Hankins + James >>> Payne + Montae.

-Terrible MNF commentating and reffing. I get it, it was Drew Brees day, but this game was lost after the first few drives when we had them stopped and they were gifted first downs. We didn't receive any of those calls, hell, we didn't even get obvious calls. I'M NOT SAYING THAT WE SHOULD HAVE WON, but this game would have been a lot more interesting and who knows with momentum. In general I tend to overlook ref bias, but this was impossible to deny. 

I don't know how we turn this bus around. I don't believe that Gruden can motivate this team whatsoever. Carolina is the better team in the first place, the only way we stand a chance is if we come out hot. This next game will be very telling in terms of this team's mindset. What will they do in the face of adversity? They bounced back after the embarrassing Colts loss, they must do it again here. 

I've been a Gruden supporter, but he's pulling at the final straws...

The name of the game in the NFL is to pressure the passer. The Saints did it and we did not. You have to be on qualuds to think we can compete if the center of our O line is getting beat like a drum play after play. QB can not step up with pressure coming into his face. In closing, now you see why AS was let go by 2 teams before he got to us. Cheers.

Anyone believing that we'll beat the Panthers next week is delusional. 

If this coaching staff has proven anything, its that they can't handle success.   They are still in first place due to a scheduling technicality, which means they will try extra hard to bury themselves in the cellar next week. 

It won't be until we've COMPLETELY blown our divisional lead that they'll realize "hey we need to get serious"

Also, I'm going to keep reposting this until someone staples it to Gruden's forehead

2ilvgl.jpg

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I expected to lose. I didn't expect to get humiliated.

This was right where I was at.  And I don't know why this game bothered me so much more than other games.  Maybe because I had several bad days and was looking forward to some decent football.  Maybe because my wife is visiting and we made a date night out of going out to watch the game.  I just don't know.  But I do know watching that trainwreck bothered me more than normal.

I've never been one to give up watching just because we were on a losing streak.  But the complete lack of preparedness this season has done me in.  I have plans to do something else next Sunday afternoon.  And I am totally comfortable knowing I will miss the game.

:(

2 hours ago, Bang said:
Thoughts on the day after:

7. Careful where you step... ESPN jizzed on the floor all over Drew Brees. Thanks to the Redskins making sure there was no game to actually broadcast... they spent the entire night stroking it. We are literally the creampuff the schedulers set up to be destroyed on his big night. (they even said in the broadcast.. "you could do the math and see when he would likely break the record" and if you think the NFL schedulers don't KNOW the Redskins are the worst MNF team on planet earth, you should realize they do, and they bet on them playing the way they did. We did nothing to spoil the party they planned... which was part of the plan.

~Bang

Ohhh, NOW, I get it.  When the schedule came   out, I was surprised to see this as the Monday night game.  I figured it would be MINN vs PHI-a rematch of the NFC Champiosnhip game.  But once I saw this, I realized that it's true.  The schedulers do feel that way about the Redskins.

To be honest, anyone who thought the Skins actually had a chance last night was fooling themselves. The only time this team has shown up to play in the last 25 years is when their backs are against the wall -- and even then, you are only getting that about half of the time. 

The worst part about this whole situation is I am just about 100% positive they win next weekend. Only to throw up a stinker at home against the Cowboys. Followed by a win on the road against the Giants. Then a loss. Then another win. And on and on and on. This is a .500 team that will give the FO just enough optimism to retain everyone for another year of mediocre football.

Rinse, cycle, repeat. 

One more thing.

I note the NFL is trying it's best to clean up the game. no hitting, no being mean, no standing over a guy you just tackled. no trash talk, no no no no.

But it was fun watching Li'l Wayne walk around grabbing and squeezing his dick in front of a bunch of kids at halftime.

~Bang

2 minutes ago, max21 said:

That was just embarrassing, you gotta wonder what they talk about in the locker room after games like that.  AP is a true iron man for coming back into the game after that knee injury. 

according to dj it's time for the team to quit ****ing around goofing off and joking in practice and start acting more professional..

1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

I wasn't confident that the skins would win this - I had picked the Saints to win but I did expect to see the Skins would compete.  

What an embarrassment.  The Skins are 2-14 on Monday night football in the last 16 games.  What is wrong with this team?  Where is their pride?

My thoughts today is that Ive seen enough of Gruden and this staff.  Im not one to usually start wanting a new head coach after a bad loss but its been long enough.  He and this staff can't seem to prepare the team.  Cant adjust and as sad as it is to say can't seem to motivate the players.  Obviously thats on the players too as you would think pride and the paycheck would motivate but for this group they need more.

Its just time to try something else.  Not suggesting Gruden get fired now or during the season but I really don't care to see more of this same thing next year.  A new coaching staff and a new GM...  How do we come out of a bye week and look like that?

Very well said sir!!..I come away thinking the exact same thing.

Archived