Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has any team started a re-build while in 1st place in the Division? We Should

jbird2

3 hours ago, jbird said:

Continuing the same actions expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

"Continuing the same actions expecting different results is one definition of insanity." 

That was Albert Einstein who said that you know. I've heard he was a pretty smart guy. 

5 hours ago, London Kev said:

I'm starting to think this as well.

Have said that well before we traded for Mr Checkdown, we would probably win the same amount of games, but would have 18m more cap space.

4 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Would you rather have Rosen or 3 years of captain Checkdown 

Rosen, not even close

6 hours ago, zoony said:

In the NFL, worse is a ticket to better.  Weve been medium, with a ticket to medium

except you have no faith in the people buildng the team.  We've managed to stumble into around .500 quality consistently,. if we tear down then wouldn't we be looking at being consistently .250 or worse?

Lol if this team trades any of their d-lineman, Guice, Swearinger, or Dunbar there should be ****ing riots.

Otherwise I totally think we should field calls for aging/expansive players. Scherff/Moses/Trent I’m not sure about since they were really good from 2015-2017 and Smith has zero pocket awareness. Moses and Trent have injury issues which is a problem.

Kerrigan, Norman, Brown, both Smiths have been useless this season. Unfortunately you canÂ’t trade Alex right now.

Wow!!!  The Redskins record this century on Monday Night Football (MNF) should keep the team off of MNF for the rest of the century!  There's a reason why the team is viewed as a laughingstock most years and their record on MNF is probably exhibit A.

And going forward, the Gruden-Smith collaboration looks to be an unmitigated disaster.  Both need to go, because both are in over their heads along with a multitude of other players, coaches and FO personnel.

Unfortunately, a rebuild may be in order.

Yeah, trading your best players is always a good move -- especially after 4 games and a loss to one of the best teams in the league.  Great idea,...ha.  And if they actually did they wouldn't get much, if anything.

Well, sure, they got blowed out but, did anyone think they were really gonna win in NO, on Monday Night, against Drew Brees playing for the NFL all-time yardage record?  Everyone calm down.

This team is just ok,...they're gonna win maybe 7 or 8 games tops.  It's all about expectation level.  More than likely after this season Jay will be fired and the "Moron Trust" at the top will start all over,....yet again.  So, you'll get your wish for a "rebuild", but, you'll have to wait.  Be patient.

7 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Would you rather have Rosen or 3 years of captain Checkdown 

Oh, c'mon, is that trick question? 

I've been saying i rather of flipped Cousins for a pick to draft a qb since the trade happened (i didn't want him back after Giants game, but even then didn't see the smith trade coming).  But i know we didn't because if we franchised kirk again and couldn't move him, wed be screwed this year. 

If you want to say it shouldn't of gotten to point that wasn't an option, I'm with you 110%. But let's not act like that was an option once we reached the point of actually trading, it was too late at that point.

Just now, JoggingGod said:

I wanted James but Payne has been pretty good so far. The d-line is probably the only good position group right now.

Sure, but the whole reason we drafted Payne was because we couldnÂ’t stop the run.

Well, we canÂ’t stop the pass either, so what do you suppose we do about that?

IÂ’m in the school of drafting impact players, and James seems like he will be a perennial all-pro.

Payne will be run-stuffer, nothing more, nothing less.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Can we wait until we get lit up by someone else before we say we can't stop the pass.  We've actually pretty good at that up until last night, and even pretty good defenses get ser on fire in the super dome.

It’s the fashion in which they did it.  Like stumbling, bumbling idiots.  We aren’t talking about great players making contested catches.  We’re talking about guys not knowing WTF they are doing.

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s the fashion in which they did it.  Like stumbling, bumbling idiots.  We arenÂ’t talking about great players making contested catches.  WeÂ’re talking about guys not knowing WTF they are doing.

I'm tempted to rewatch the game, what i saw was Alex having worst game possible, AD out most of the game, our interior oline overpowered again, and Norman benched.  

I need to read more about the Norman benching, him and Alex are two of our highest paid players, this wasn't a full 53 and Jay loss, i feel sick for Jay right now, hes being asked to make pottery out of horse**** again.

7 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Kerrigan had a sack that was basically nullified by Nicholson's boneheaded play and should have gotten a couple of holding calls when he beat his guy. He's been doing that all year.. He's fine..?

Saying he was held, and not getting calls.  He never gets the calls... I'm tired of the excuses.  

10 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'd be in favor of trading players like Norman but we have a collection of young players right now and i like that. 

I wonder if Jay is proving that he's an offensive version of Jeff Fisher, going 8-8 with good players. I wonder if next year we can get a new coach and have essentially the same team go 13-3. 

If only there was a way to find a guy like Sean McVay...

We are exactly who I thought we are!!  Open the season by beating the worst team in the league, follow up by losing to a mediocre team(like us), have the good fortune to catch an injured Rogers, helped by a BS roughing the passer call and steal an unlikely win, then have two weeks to prepare for a team and not show up. Granted, from the start it was clear everyone was just there (including Refs) to see the Bree's show. I was shocked at the amount of "no calls" on the Saints Oline holding like crazy. Yes, we were completely outmatched but certainly got no help from the officials. Stop the game to allow a celebration for Bree's and his family? Are you kidding me? As touching as it was. The NFL experience is a farce and a side show at this point. Not just because the skins will never be relevant in my life time. 

25 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

If only there was a way to find a guy like Sean McVay...

Wouldnt help. Still dont have the talent.

The players this week will be afraid to leave their homes because the Skins fan base is really pissed off right now.  The only way to change our perception is for the players to win the next game as soon as possible.  There will be more empty seats each week at home until they win some games.

We all knew what the process would be when we got Alex Smith and most of us were on board. We assumed we'd play moderately well with Smith at the helm and at some point draft our "QB of the future" who would be groomed... Just like what KC did with Mahomes. 

I don't think many saw this type of game happening. 

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

Saying he was held, and not getting calls.  He never gets the calls... I'm tired of the excuses.  

Kerrigan get held on every play. This was simply the  "Drew Brees" show as intended. Evidenced by stopping the game to allow a celebration.

We need a culture change so badly. Someone who is going to come in and take nothing less than the teams absolute best effort every day. A guy who thinks your either first place or your last. 

Matt Patricia is going to get Detroit turned around, all that locker room drama was culture shock because hes wearing their asses out in practice and accepting nothing less than winning. 

I want a guy like that at the helm. A coach who's gonna be pissed after a loss for once. 

3 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Lol if this team trades any of their d-lineman, Guice, Swearinger, or Dunbar there should be ****ing riots.

Otherwise I totally think we should field calls for aging/expansive players. Scherff/Moses/Trent I’m not sure about since they were really good from 2015-2017 and Smith has zero pocket awareness. Moses and Trent have injury issues which is a problem.

Kerrigan, Norman, Brown, both Smiths have been useless this season. Unfortunately you canÂ’t trade Alex right now.

Kerrigan never gets the holding calls and is held every play. Brown is an aging LB. Norman is hugely over rated and gets torched at will. He looks lost every game.

Kerrigan has 1 move.  He beats his lineman, gets held, throws his hands up and doesnt get the call.  Rinse, repeat.  

Just once I'd like to see him go ballistic and on the next play take out someones knee and tell the refs to go **** themselves.  Get kicked out of a game.  Show some passion.  Stop acting like a ****.

Archived