Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has any team started a re-build while in 1st place in the Division? We Should

jbird2

Can we trade Kerrigan, Norman, Trent, & Reed for picks. During the season or as soon as it is over.

Draft a QB to develop under Smith.

Resign Peterson so that our damaged goods rookie RB can see an All Pro play.

Cut every WR over the age of 26.

Continuing the same actions expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Don't buy into the insanity.

This team is built for mediocrity. There are some building blocks in place. (DL, Non #1 CB's, S, C and right side of OL, maybe the rookie RB) but the remainder of the squad is like a snowmobile in deep mud. Stuff is flying, giving the appearance of momentum, but you ain't really going anywhere.

We would have been better off to keep Fuller, and our pick, and started Colt. 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's not realistic.  Next three games are very w?inna?bl?e?, you blow ?up a first place mid season? No

You can't have been a fan for very long.

We will be 2-5 after the next 3 games.

Same $#!+ different season.

I hate to say it, but this team needs to take it's medicine with some 3-5 win seasons.  These .500/just under .500 season are doing them no good. 

All that we have seen for three seasons in a row, going on four now, is a team that is stuck in neutral.  They beat just enough fellow mediocre teams to give everyone hope for the following season. 

1 minute ago, jbird said:

You can't have been a fan for very long.

We will be 2-5 after the next 3 games.

Same $#!+ different season.

Don't question my fandom with your self pity BS.  Can easily come out if that 2-1 the next three games and be 4-2 in a division where we are the only one's at or above 500.  Lose the next 3 games, then we can talk.  No rebuild matters or can be complete until Alex is replaced, and that's 3 years out because of his SB money.  

Come back from the ledge, Saints are superior team in their stadium.  I would've been more concerned losing the Panther's  game.  Alex Smith is freaking me out right now, no lie

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's not realistic.  Next three games are very winnable, you blow up a first place mid season? No

What makes you think this team will win any of them?  Sure, they will probably shock us and win one of them, but all that does is continue the win-lose-win-lose-win pattern of getting the team nowhere.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What makes you think this team will win any of them?  Sure, they will probably shock us and win one of them, but all that does is continue the win-lose-win-lose-win pattern of getting the team nowhere.

Dallas, Carolina, and New York offense are around our level, we'll have better luck slowing them down then Brees in New Orleans.  We scored 28 points in one half, I get the team is consistent, but your don't get rid of good players to get get good players, you make a plan to replace you bad players with better ones. Well lose every trade just to make ourselves feel better, count me out on that

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Don't question my fandom with your ?self pity BS.  C?an easily come out if that 2-1 the next three games and be 4-2 in a division where we are the only one's at or above 500.  Lo?se? t?he next ?3 games, then ?we can talk.  No rebuild matters or can be complete until Alex is replaced, and that's 3 years out because of his SB money.  ??

Come back from th?e ledg?e, Saints are superior team in their stadium.  I would've been more concerned losing the Panther's  game.  Alex Smith is freaking me out right now, n?o lie?????

Dude, I ain't questioning your fandom, just the idea of continuing the same rut of .500 seasons.

This team is not built for playoffs, IF they can even win the division this year.

This team has NO FIRE outside of DJ Swearinger.

They are not built for a game manager like Smith.

Too many of our headliner, big cap money players like Reed, Kerrigan, Norman and to an extent even Williams disappear in big games and then pad stats against lesser teams.

Burn this dumpster fire down right now.

2 minutes ago, jbird said:

Dude, I ain't questioning your fandom, just the idea of continuing the same rut of .500 seasons.

This team is not built for playoffs, IF they can even win the division this year.

This team has NO FIRE outside of DJ Swearinger.

They are not built for a game manager like Smith.

Too many of our headliner, big cap money players like Reed, Kerrigan, Norman and to an extent even Williams disappear in big games and then pad stats against lesser teams.

Burn this dumpster fire down right now.

Team is inconsistent at best, I'll give you that.  They've showed up in big games, but not this one. Unacceptable, but waling into this season, if I said 10-6, this woulda been one of those loses and not suprise me. But without Olsen, Panthers offense is extremely mortal.  I expect us to swing up again for a home game like we did against the packers, its anybody's guess what could happen against cowboys but that defense isn't going to stretch the field on us either.  This team is setup up to jump on people or win low scoring battles, we walked into a gun fight with a knife tonight.  Even the Falcons game looks like at minimum a toss up, who woulda thought that?  Seriously, 9-7 can win this division, I'm not interested in throwing seasons away in hopes of having better seasons.  I don't support tanking.

23 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I hate to say it, but this team needs to take it's medicine with some 3-5 win seasons.  These .500/just under .500 season are doing them no good. 

All that we have seen for three seasons in a row, going on four now, is a team that is stuck in neutral.  They beat just enough fellow mediocre teams to give everyone hope for the following season. 

It doesn't matter where you draft if you don't draft well.  How many of Scott's guys are left now or not busts?  Docston is a bust now.

4 minutes ago, zoony said:

Theres nothing worth keeping on this roster.  Nothing

I would listen to offers for anyone.  This is a **** team now, what could get worse?

I jsut don't understand how a team ca win games and people can actually look and say there is nothing good on it

4 minutes ago, zoony said:

Theres nothing worth keeping on this roster.  Nothing

I would listen to offers for anyone.  This is a **** team now, what could get worse?

I'd probably say Scherff is untouchable because he is still young, but even a guy like Trent who has been an all-pro at times during his career....how likely is this team going to be a playoff team by the time he starts regressing?

Another waste of a career for an all pro LT.

This team under Snyder has never truly rebuilt, they don't have the patience or the desire to hire the right GM/staff to do it. Even though they've had the perfect example of it in DC from multiple other professional franchises, and the marketing would actually be easy and they'd still make just as much money with an actual shot at future relevance. 

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I'd probably say Scherff is untouchable because he is still young, but even a guy like Trent who has been an all-pro at times during his career....how likely is this team going to be a playoff team by the time he starts regressing?

Another waste of a career for an all pro LT.

I would trade scherff in a second.  He gave up more sacks tonight than the undrafted guy at LG

I'd be in favor of trading players like Norman but we have a collection of young players right now and i like that. 

I wonder if Jay is proving that he's an offensive version of Jeff Fisher, going 8-8 with good players. I wonder if next year we can get a new coach and have essentially the same team go 13-3. 

Every team in the league seems to have an occasional stinker, like the Patriots against the Chiefs a few seasons ago. However, the Pats have a track record that gives them the benefit of the doubt that they'll bounce back.

I really do not like bye weeks, no matter when in the season they are. I know they are a fact of life and can help you get healthier, but a lot of times I fear that teams come out flat following them.

I've also accepted that this team is very limited in the playmaker department and was counting on a defense that showed promise last year before the injuries to carry this team for a while.

And yes, Brees is one of the all-time greats, but this was ridiculous. The Saints had six TDs with 6:30 still remaining in the THIRD quarter. This had to be the worst defensive effort since Mike Vick bent us over, also in MNF, in 2010.

Season is still very much in play in a league where nobody is head and shoulders above outside of the Rams, Chiefs, and yes, the Pats.

But what this loss absolutely won't help is the enthusiasm of fans to make the trek to FedEx on Sunday. We will almost certainly see another sub-60K crowd against the Panthers. 

12 minutes ago, carex said:

I jsut don't understand how a team ca win games and people can actually look and say there is nothing good on it

There is nobody on this roster that we couldnt afford to lose in a trade.  We have no franchise players or key pieces to build around

I like the core of our D Line, but Kerrigan looks pedestrian, Preston Smith should NOT be extended, Mason and Buddy can stay at MLB.  We need new Outside Backers, and 2 new Corners, oh, and one competent Free safety out of the Nicholson'Swearenger angle.

On OL.  Yikes, We need like 4 OL. A  new tackle, a new Guard, probably a qualified Center.  And a fist full of receivers... too many holes to fill in one season.

Just now, zoony said:

In the NFL, worse is a ticket to better.  Weve been medium, with a ticket to medium

Pfft, how many franchises we spin spinning around a perpetual drainage pipe with high pick after high pick?   Call me when we don't win a single game, we've seen just as many teams turn around in one season what it took another a decade to do.

Crazy thought..... What if Jay Gruden decided to quit?  What if he said he had it with the apathetic way they were playing, handed the clipboard to someone else and said you want to embarass yourselves again, go right ahead.

Seriously, I don't know if he would, but after tonight, I know people are all over Jay, but players have to execute too.  And Jay, didn't have the personell say that Shanahan or Gibbs had.

13 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'd be in favor of trading players like Norman but we have a collection of young players right now and i like that. 

I wonder if Jay is proving that he's an offensive version of Jeff Fisher, going 8-8 with good players. I wonder if next year we can get a new coach and have essentially the same team go 13-3. 

Nah. The Rams have a pretty stacked front 7, actually make trades for and sign impact players, have a young franchise QB in a great offensive scheme, a stud RB, 3 WR's better than our top guy (whoever that even is) and passable TE's. They were way more talented than we currently are, and McVay is way better than anyone we could hire this offseason even if we went that route. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We had the #2 pick in the draft not too long ago and still F'd it up.  Anyone want to tank, that won't save us, get that out your head now, especially if FO stays the same.  Don't let Bruce turn into Ernie Grunfield.

Wanting to tank is obviously contingent on the idea that we'd end up with a new GM calling the shots for everything and hiring his guy. No one wants to tank and keep the same crew in place. 

Archived