Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

21 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

There is a zero, I repeat, ZERO percent chance we beat the Saints tomorrow. It will be a a blowout in Redskins fashion. Don’t expect this lead to stay.

We would still be in first sooooo

3 hours ago, srtman04 said:

They need to break this Monday night funk!!!!!  WIN PLEASE!!!!!!

They had 15 days to prepare for this damn game. If they thought it would help their defensive scheme, they had enough time to go through a year of garbage from Sean Payton's office.

But I fully expect them to look like they spent the entire time watching Netflix.

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

They had 15 days to prepare for this damn game. If they thought it would help their defensive scheme, they had enough time to go through a year of garbage from Sean Payton's office.

But I fully expect them to look like they spent the entire time watching Netflix.

NFL rules actually require at least part of bye week off

2 minutes ago, carex said:

NFL rules actually require at least part of bye week off

You are correct about the required time off. I believe they have to get almost the entire week off. Technically it's the CBA that dictates the time off, not the NFL but that's a minor point.  

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You are correct about the required time off. I believe they have to get almost the entire week off. Technically it's the CBA that dictates the time off, not the NFL but that's a minor point.  

Yes, the week after GB was required by CBA for players to be off. Coaches of course can keep on working but in terms of game prep with players they had a normal amount of time (with the exception of the extra day for MNF) that they normally have for the NOLA game. 

38 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

main-qimg-829f09f5383354ddd4a97119910d08

I hope they found time for the new season of Bojack Horseman at least.

26 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

When was the last time we had a 2 game lead in the division this early in the season, unfortunately, we have to beat the Saints to do it but man it would be a great start to the season.

2011 we were 3-1 after 5 weeks, which was a 2 game lead on the eagles, who were 1-3. Cowboys and giants were both 2-2 so it was only a 1 game lead on them, but yeah that’s the most recent season that comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

If we lose, its same old Redskins and we spend the season praying 9-7 gets the east and we reach it, so the team and staff doesn't get blown up again. 

If we win, we are in the conversation about top non Rams NFC teams.

I'm not entirely sure about all that.  If they play really well and lose to the Saints in New Orleans, there's no real shame in that. 

However, they have to make serious hay the following 3 games against the Panthers, Cowboys and Giants.  At the end of this stretch of 4 games (including the Saints), they need to be no worse than 5-2 if they are going to be contenders, and they really need to beat Dallas at home.  Giants on the road is always tough, but they are better than the Giants this year, and should beat them.  

I'm not looking at this game by itself as the real test, I'm looking at the next 4 games.  If they go 3-1 in this stretch, that's really good. 

I want a win as well. But from an objective standpoint what we need tonight after the bye but playing a good team at their place is a solid performance.

Close game, feel like we can hang with the best.

Now that oblong ball will bounce where it may and we get a W or not but that is what we need.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm not entirely sure about all that.  If they play really well and lose to the Saints in New Orleans, there's no real shame in that. 

However, they have to make serious hay the following 3 games against the Panthers, Cowboys and Giants.  At the end of this stretch of 4 games (including the Saints), they need to be no worse than 5-2 if they are going to be contenders, and they really need to beat Dallas at home.  Giants on the road is always tough, but they are better than the Giants this year, and should beat them.  

I'm not looking at this game by itself as the real test, I'm looking at the next 4 games.  If they go 3-1 in this stretch, that's really good. 

I agree which is good, because I seriously doubt we win.

Archived