Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah no doubt the Saints are a good team and can beat the Redskins and arguably should.  But that's part of the reason why it would be such a big win.  2 in a row against two really good teams?  That's something really rare for this team so it would get my attention in a good way if it goes down. 

I'm tempted to start a thread following our upcoming opponents in general for the season.  I still believe the NFC is loaded and some teams just aren't clicking on cylinders yet, like the Vikings (may see in the playoffs) and Eagles (Wentz needs more time, but throwing dimes and lasers again). 

Our schedule is evolving, right now every game between week 6 and 12 looks winnable.  I have no idea what Atlanta team is going to show up, but that's at home.  The NFC North is upside down, but it's week 5, and we got the tie breaker against Green Bay. That's what you want when 4 of your last 5 games are against playoff teams.

34 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think this is more impressive :

We crushed the Pack.

Today, the Pack crushed the Bills, who crushed the Vikes.

What does that make us ?

Monster Truck Crushers.

Means it's week 4 and we don't know who everybody is yet.

We beat arguably the worst team in the league, lost to a bad team, and were very fortunate to play a gimpy rodgers whose team had an off day but aren't an elite team anyways.

Also our rushing attack which many are hyping up hasn't had a good test yet and is 1 injury away from being one of the worst in the league. 

Fortunately we can probably split our division games and I'm happy that we've got a positive record right now. 

At least now we know we can all blame @Burgold if we lose to NO.  :ols:

As for me, I'm curious to see what, if any, adjustments Jay has made to the offense and if he still thinks he can just go into bunker mode if he gets a lead. If we jump out to a lead and he decides to try that again we'll lose. That **** may have worked (with some luck) against a gimpy Rodgers but it ain't gonna work against Brees. He'll shred us. 

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

At least now we know we can all blame @Burgold if we lose to NO.  :ols:

As for me, I'm curious to see what, if any, adjustments Jay has made to the offense and if he still thinks he can just go into bunker mode if he gets a lead. If we jump out to a lead and he decides to try that again we'll lose. That **** may have worked (with some luck) against a gimpy Rodgers but it ain't gonna work against Brees. He'll shred us. 

I doubt he'll make the same mistake with the saints again; but I don't know if we'll be able to execute. We'll need a strong defensive outing and our passing game needs to click. 

The predictable runs on first down need to be elimitated from our playbook. 

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

We also moved into 3rd place in the playoff race, though New Orleans probably moves ahead of us; if they win tonight.

Way to early, but early trends seems to be lining up for the Skins to make a playoff run and maybe even a shot at winning the division. 

Thing is, will Gruden be able to take advantage of the opportunities?    New Orleans I think is a must win, if things are truly to be different this year. 

Odds are we come out flat and New Orleans crushes us.  Same old Redskins.   

I’m not saying the Redskins win but I believe they will play the Saints tight. They seem to play pretty good in New Orleans. I wanted Kamara really bad in the 2017 draft,hopefully he doesn’t kill us like he does everyone else.He is leading the league in  yards from scrimmage. Somehow the Skins must at least slow him down to have a shot.

50 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Wondering if it was good to have our Bye so early in the season? 

I’m hoping it doesn’t stall the positive things the team was doing, part of me feels that the offense and defense were both starting to click and now with the time off it might stall that in some way. Guess we’ll see next Monday...

7 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

We beat arguably the worst team in the league, lost to a bad team, and were very fortunate to play a gimpy rodgers whose team had an off day but aren't an elite team anyways.

Also our rushing attack which many are hyping up hasn't had a good test yet and is 1 injury away from being one of the worst in the league. 

Fortunately we can probably split our division games and I'm happy that we've got a positive record right now. 

You seem like a happy fan!

We don't know how this season will play out, but I think it's safe to feel pretty good about the team so far this year. They still have a lot of work to do, but their development throughout the season will determine how far we can go.

But at least there's a chance.

11 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I doubt he'll make the same mistake with the saints again; but I don't know if we'll be able to execute. We'll need a strong defensive outing and our passing game needs to click. 

Oh, I have no doubt that if we get a lead, Jay will hunker down. If Jay is anything, it's utterly predicable.

11 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

The predictable runs on first down need to be elimitated from our playbook. 

He's been that way since he got here. It's not going to change now.

Leading the East is well deserved at this point. I'm going to say it. The most complete team so far has been the Redskins.

The Cowboys D look okay but the offense is completely one dimensional and they have a horrible passing game. The Giants are screwed because their best player Odel Beckham can't get going and Eli is old and worn out. The Eagles just got back Wentz and it's shown on his game. He won't be back to 100% for another month so they will be up and down. 

If they weren't in first place I would be worried at this point. Since they are and the issues with the other teams are so obvious who knows? A division title may be in store for them this year. 

It feels a little early for a thread like this, but on the other hand mine as well enjoy it while it lasts, yeah? LOL.

With that said, unless the Eagles/Giants/Cowboys get remarkably better in the next month or so, there is no reason why this 'Skins team can't compete for the division.  One big key though is to finish no less than an even split with the division. Absolutely no excuse to go 2-4 or even worse, 1-5 against these opponents. (Assuming like I said before, that one or all of these teams don't get way better over the next month or so of the season).

Not sure if the Eagles are simply under-performing right now, or if 2017 was just one of those magical seasons where everything went right and now we are seeing this correct themselves?   

Dallas & NYG on the other hand simply don't look good at all.  Dallas has a good defense, but their offense is so bad that you can get their D tired quick.  The Giants are just going to run Barkley and ODB Jr into the ground every game and hope it's enough to win games.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, hatchetwound said:

When you look at it objectively, how can you think we WONT win the division?

2 weeks ago I broke down how we stacked up vs the rest of the division and a lot of people disagreed, which is fine.  I said I would wait 2 weeks and reassess.  Well here we are, at the top of the division.

Cowboys: Barely beat the lowely Lions.  Needed an ewok to break a big play to squeeze out the win.  They still don't have anyone who can catch and their defense is WAY over rated.  Have they put down Sean Lee yet

Eagles: Westy's "dynasty" looks like hot garbage.  Couldn't beat the freakin Titan's with a rookie head coach.  Their secondary got shredded by some guy named Corey David.  Their lead back has a broken back, Sproles and Clement cant get on the field which forced them to run with some guy named Wendall who cant pass block to save his life.  I'm sure that's not a big deal when your QB is coming back from surgery way too early

Giants: :rofl89::rofl89::rofl89: I'm not even going to waste my time on them. Send them back to the minor leagues

After these two weeks I have reassessed.  I thought we would win the division by virtue of division tiebreakers.  Now I'm thinking a comfortable 1 or 2 game lead when its all said and done.  Who knows, if we aren't fighting for playoff seeding, we might get a week 17 "bye", which will supplement our early bye nicely.

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

sure if the Eagles are simply under-performing right now, or if 2017 was just one of those magical seasons where everything went right and now we are seeing this correct themselves?   

unfortunately it feels to me like the eagles are going to slowly improve with wentz back and hit their stride by the end of the year

giants are done.  I would not count dallas out of anything yet.  They look to be a scrappy team

We will find out a lot in the divisional games

I tend to lean on the more positive and I like what I have seen so far. But this feels really early to be talking division or POs.

So far we have played: 

Arizona: 0-4

Indy - 1-3

Green Bay: 2-1-1

Totals: 3-8-1 - Not exactly a powerhouse of teams

After the bye we play:

New Orleans: 3-1

Carolina: 2-1

Dallast: 2-2 

Totals:  7-4 - No team with a losing record.

NO is the most complete offenses we have seen. They are flawed heavily on D. Carolina will be the most complete team we will have faced - and a team with a QB who just has our number. Not to mention an Ex-redskins HC as the OC. You know Norv wants that game, bad! Dallast is dallast but they always play us tough. 

I plan to wait to see how the next 3 games go before getting too excited. We get to 4-2 or 5-1, OK we have a legitimate shot. But 3-3 or 2-4, and it's another 8-8 like season for at best for us most likely. 

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

After the bye we play:

New Orleans: 3-1

Carolina: 2-1

Dallast: 2-2 

Totals:  7-4 - No team with a losing record.

What is your prediction for these games.  I'm thinking L-W-W.  NOLA's defense stinks but you can never count our Brees.  We HAVE to stop Kamara to have a chance, but then that just opens things up for Michael Thomas

Carolina is very, very beatable.  If you get to Cam early and often, he gets frustrated and "quits".  And their record is inflated.  They beat Dallas and Cincinnati.  Neither are impressive wins.

Dallas sucks.  No shot against us.  NONE. :dallas_sucks:

19 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

What is your prediction for these games.  I'm thinking L-W-W.  NOLA's defense stinks but you can never count our Brees.  We HAVE to stop Kamara to have a chance, but then that just opens things up for Michael Thomas

Carolina is very, very beatable.  If you get to Cam early and often, he gets frustrated and "quits".  And their record is inflated.  They beat Dallas and Cincinnati.  Neither are impressive wins.

Dallas sucks.  No shot against us.  NONE. :dallas_sucks:

I think we go L, L , W. NO is just too tough. And as much as I like Jay if I am being honest his teams do not come off byes very well, or off good wins very well either. Add to that the Monday thing where we are historically bad outside of Joe Gibbs (even then it was just OK. The game after MNF under Gibbs? Amazing.)

I hate Cam Newton. He is lying stealing punk. However, he has our number. WE never can beat Carolina, no matter who good or bad either team is. NO can be won if the stars align. Carolina is a flat loss. A win there and I will really start believing this team can be special. 

Dallast is a win. They are not very good. I think we have a better roster top to bottom outside Elliott. Their oline is suspect. Dak is barely average and worse without a run game. And their D is very beatable. 

I think we hit that mark at 3-3 and being very frustrated because the team appears to be better but just can't make anything happen. 

Hope not. I will be rooting for us to beat them all. Just tempering my expectations since they have been stomped on so many times. 

4 hours ago, Tay said:

We don't know how this season will play out, but I think it's safe to feel pretty good about the team so far this year. They still have a lot of work to do, but their development throughout the season will determine how far we can go.

But at least there's a chance.

I meant this as a silly thread, but there is no safe way to feel about this team. They could be the one that took care of business and cruised to easy wins against Green Bay and Arizona, but they could also be the bumbling team that laid an egg against the Colts.

15 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Glass half empty? A win in the NFL is a win, no matter who it's against. If the Skins approach this one game at a time they will win the division. We have new starters at QB, RB and WR....it's gonna take a little time for this team to click on all cylinders but 2 early season wins are a nice start. We can beat the Saints in New Orleans the same as we had them beat last year playing on one healthy leg. Jay needs to call a good game.

Archived