Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Allen/Ioannidis/Payne = D-Block

Commander -JB-

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's when they give themselves a nickname that it all goes to ****. 

Yep stay medium.  I'd love to see 2 back to back wins against good teams.  I can't recall the last time they did it.  Big victory almost always followed by either a tease loss or just a straight out loss.  This game to me against the Saints is huge for that reason - lets see if they can prove they can deal with some prosperity.  I am not saying they can't.  Just don't know.   But by that I mean the team not the D line. 

Jonathan Allen, Ionnaidis in particular looking like All-Pros.   Having said that surprised, PFF didn't have Allen ranked highly from what i recall they did have him ranked high the previous 2 games.

The Top Graded #Redskins defensive players in Sunday's win over the #Packers (minimum 15 snaps):

Matt Ioannidis - 78.7

Ryan Kerrigan - 69.1

Fabian Moreau - 67.2

Josh Norman - 66.0

Zach Brown - 64.7

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

You can't give yourself a nickname, that's just lame.

And yeah, I'm definitely surprised Allen wasn't ranked higher. It seems like in general our D guys were rated pretty low this week. I know the Pack dropped some balls that would have extended drives, but still.

Sure you can!

Method Man aka Johnny Blaze aka Hot Nickels aka Mr Mef aka John Blazini aka Tical aka Hot Nix aka The Panty Raider etc etc Seems to have worked out pretty well for that guy ?

To me the most peculiar aspect of the D-line/Pass rush is the stark 180 they have done from previous seasons.

Before, we would get good Defensive End play, but the middle got no push so the QB could just step up into the pocket to avoid rushers coming from the corners.

Now it is the exact opposite, there is this big push in the middle, the D-line is throwing guys backwards, the QB has to retreat on a lot of plays....however there is no Kerrigan or Preston Smith (or whoever) to clean up the play.  Rodgers was constantly having to work behind the pocket last Sunday, but because the DE's were absent from the area, he could just kind of shift back and forth left to right on so many plays.

Things change so quickly. 

1 hour ago, SkinsFootball said:

That's why it would be nice to have just one speed edge rusher aka Junior G. I know his comments where dumb and his social media is worse but for situational speed pass rush I think he's worth it. 

I'd still bring him in. At this point, he'd work for Pop Tarts.

4 hours ago, SkinsFootball said:

That's why it would be nice to have just one speed edge rusher aka Junior G. I know his comments where dumb and his social media is worse but for situational speed pass rush I think he's worth it. 

Okay, but seriously, Junior did nothing to prove that he's still the edge rusher that he once was.  I'm sorry.

:(

24 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Okay, but seriously, Junior did nothing to prove that he's still the edge rusher that he once was.  I'm sorry.

:(

Didn't I read somewhere that he was actually one of the most effective edge rushers in the entire league last year? Something like pressures per play or some unique stat like that?

EDIT. a quick google search and I cannot find that stat anywhere. Either it was an inside stat or I'm just wrong. If someone has that stat, share it .....or I'll just admit to my senility.

There is this:

Galette did not get more than 30 snaps until the second half of the season, and even then, his snap total slipped below 20 for consecutive NFC East games in November. 

The statistical production wasn't particularly impressive, Galette registered just three sacks in 16 games, but Pro Football Focus graded him a +16.2 on the season, landing in the Top 15 among 3-4 outside linebackers. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/junior-galette-hinting-possible-return-redskins-maybe

10 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Didn't I read somewhere that he was actually one of the most effective edge rushers in the entire league last year? Something like pressures per play or some unique stat like that?

It's possible.  I just remember that when he did play, he didn't get a single sack.  And I never heard his name called.

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep stay medium.  I'd love to see 2 back to back wins against good teams.  I can't recall the last time they did it.  Big victory almost always followed by either a tease loss or just a straight out loss.  This game to me against the Saints is huge for that reason - lets see if they can prove they can deal with some prosperity.  I am not saying they can't.  Just don't know.   But by that I mean the team not the D line. 

I think 2016 Minny then GB.  Minny ended up 8-8, but they started the season 5-0, so I’m willing to give it to them.  

33 minutes ago, Mooka said:

How many times have ya'll watched this play? ****ing awesome.  

When I saw that play out during the game I was all over the man cave going nuts...Ion hit a decent lineman and basically picked him him and dumped him on Rogers-that’s one of my top D-plays for the year so far

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

It's possible.  I just remember that when he did play, he didn't get a single sack.  And I never heard his name called.

I agree he didn't produce the sack numbers but in terms of an pressures and hits based on his number of attempts looked pretty good. I could be wrong..but regardless he could get back to the an quickly based on an explosive first step..hand fighting and a spin move. Third and long he could create more of a rushing impact then our current Olbs..IMO.

Archived