Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reaper Skins

What Bye Week Adjustments Would You Make?

Recommended Posts

How's Greg Manusky looked at calling plays? In my opinion due to injuries and lack of any talent whatsoever he gets a pass for previous play calling. This year, there really isn't an excuse, and it should be judgement year for him to see what he's made of. 

 

Is the teeter totter slowly tilting in his favor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

How's Greg Manusky looked at calling plays? In my opinion due to injuries and lack of any talent whatsoever he gets a pass for previous play calling. This year, there really isn't an excuse, and it should be judgement year for him to see what he's made of. 

 

Is the teeter totter slowly tilting in his favor?

 

Well through 3 games, we have the #2 rated defense in terms of PPG and YPG allowed. I'd say, at least thus far, he's earning his keep.

 

The only area we need to work on is rushing defense, where we are still bottom of the league. This hasn't been exposed as much because we jumped out to huge leads vs. ARI and GB, forcing them to pass, and the Colts don't have a great running game, but it's an issue that needs to be addressed before Alvin Kamara goes off for 150.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

 

Well through 3 games, we have the #2 rated defense in terms of PPG and YPG allowed. I'd say, at least thus far, he's earning his keep.

 

The only area we need to work on is rushing defense, where we are still bottom of the league. This hasn't been exposed as much because we jumped out to huge leads vs. ARI and GB, forcing them to pass, and the Colts don't have a great running game, but it's an issue that needs to be addressed before Alvin Kamara goes off for 150.

 

He's definitely looking good for what's been given, from the bit I've seen. I'm not entirely impressed with the offenses we've played so far. I think GB is middle of the pack while the Colts and especially the Cardinals are a bit further back. I think we may need to throw Settle in more snaps to see what he's made of for extra beef against the run. A solid rotation between Settle and Ioannidis and keeping Payne and Allen in there the majority is probably eventually what we'll see down the line. 

 

We don't seem to be blitzing very much, which must mean he has supreme confidence in our ability to get to the QB with a 3 to 4 man rush. I'll be paying close attention Monday night because I want to see how he calls the defense during different points of the game and if he's more often right than not when predicting what the offense is calling. Being out of state I haven't had much time to watch the games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

 

He's definitely looking good for what's been given, from the bit I've seen. I'm not entirely impressed with the offenses we've played so far. I think GB is middle of the pack while the Colts and especially the Cardinals are a bit further back. I think we may need to throw Settle in more snaps to see what he's made of for extra beef against the run. A solid rotation between Settle and Ioannidis and keeping Payne and Allen in there the majority is probably eventually what we'll see down the line. 

 

We don't seem to be blitzing very much, which must mean he has supreme confidence in our ability to get to the QB with a 3 to 4 man rush. I'll be paying close attention Monday night because I want to see how he calls the defense during different points of the game and if he's more often right than not when predicting at what the offense is calling. Being out of state I haven't had much time to watch the games. 

 

Hell, I say go to a 4-3 look on obvious rushing downs. Put Settle next to Io, Payne, and Allen. Nary a rushing yard to be given up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

 

Hell, I say go to a 4-3 look on obvious rushing downs. Put Settle next to Io, Payne, and Allen. Nary a rushing yard to be given up.

 

That's a hell of a front if Settle pans out. Not going to lie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.