Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Bye Week Adjustments Would You Make?

Reaper Skins

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Clinic the WRs on run blocking.  Show them some Pierre Garcon tape?

I would rather have them train for a full week playing OL and blocking the likes of Hood, Settle, Payne, Allen and Ioannidis.

After a full week of such treatment, they will find blocking CB easy.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

2. Have Dan Snyder sell the team to me for $7.38.

I can outbid you to 10€

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't think Jay goes dumb once he has a lead, he's just too careful.  He has a QB whos careful enough on his own now, Cousins isn't here anymore, less threat of us screwing up with dumb picks now.  

That's probably the best advice right now to give to Jay, and that's even probably true. Smith is maybe the safest QB out there. The Int he throw was because Reed stopped playing on this pass, not because Smith made a mistake.

Jay needs to have confidence on his QB and open up the playbook entirely, Alex can work within it safely.

But I have faith this will sort itself out with time passing by and Jay trusting his QB more and more.

More 3 TE sets for sure. Get Vernon involved more. He is still such a weapon. We do need to find a way to implement Docston more. Not ready to give up on him just yet. Would love for us to figure out the LB situation. Maybe because our DL is getting home so quick, it's not allowing our LB's to get sacks, but something seems off with PS and RK91. 

I would like to see a complete, one-on-one, full on blitz pkg.

I remember seeing Gregg Williams running it off and on, and it was absolutely cool to watch. Every WR and TE had one man covering them and the rest were up on the line in blitz mode.

Now, it would take absolute perfect execution, every cover guy would have to check his man at the LOS, which would disrupt any timing, while the QB is seeing 7 or 8 guys coming after him, which would cause a brief delay in his decision-making, being he wouldn't have time to barely check down without a defender in his face.

I don't know if the Redskins defense is talented enough to pull it off, but every once in awhile it certainly cause a QB to make a mistake, at worse cause the opposing coach or QB to call for a time out, which would also be beneficial.

@-JB- The scoring for him thru PFF is great!  But, why do we constantly see him fill the wrong holes in the run game?  I re-watched the game twice, a lot of the runs that were positive for the Pack happened because Brown over runs the zone play.  Mason Foster is the one who peels back and tackles the ball carrier 10 yards down the field....I’m glad I’m wrong about him, but it really just feels that way during games......I dunno.....?

More play action, especially on first down.

Use a FB more.

More pulling guards, (I don't know if it's a good idea, I just like watching it).

No more Hogs 2.0 or Business Friday bull****. Nicknames are for winners.

Find a way to get the WRs more involved.

Blitz a bit more.

Practice tackling.

Send Bruce Allen to the cowboys.

Give Alex more power to audible and change plays at the line. His veteran leadership and knowledge of the game would seem to benefit the offense.  Like has been brought up already, more boots/rollouts/off script stuff.  Get Alex out in space with the options.

They absolutely have to make a decision on Doctson. He clearly isn't working out in the #1 WR spot. You can't keep trotting him out there and be an after thought for defenses.  Move him into another role, maybe have him run routes designed specifically to create space, WR screens, end arounds......something....anything...that gets the ball in his hands so that he at least has to be factored in by the defense.

2 hours ago, JaxJoe said:

Id like to see more 2nd string recievers get reps to find out which reciever combination can get open the most. But then again, if we are only calling 5 passing plays a half, it’s a moot point. 

Shades of the days of Riggo....30 carries a game. The glory days. 

No more Doctson, in fact I’m ok with him being an inactive and only playing again if someone gets injured

figure out how to get Kerrigan going, and more pass rush in general

Figure out how to make better half time adjustments on offense, need to score touchdowns in the second half

I'll also say that we should definitely work on a gameplan to help contain this guy. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2797245-saints-receiver-michael-thomas-is-here-to-make-history-not-to-be-famous

The idea of just relying on Norman to handle him alone all day would be extremely unwise.  Can't believe he went 30 picks after Doctson in the same draft.....

Archived