Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tracking Ticket Prices 2018 Season

turtle2328

On 11/18/2018 at 7:39 AM, hail2skins said:

Yeah, I've noticed that one end zone section (113) has seemed to have a considerable bunch of empties at the games all season long, particularly in the upper few rows. IX, you need to buy them and hand them out like Norman!

But I've also noticed a whole corner club section like 315 has also been very empty all season long (save Dallas) and yet there are two whole tickets available in that section on Stubhub. What gives?

The Redskins probably eliminated the folks who buy up season tickets and sell them on the secondary market.  The ticket office is now selling those tickets directly to the fans.  They decided to cut out the middle man in a sense, and that is what actually ended the sell-out streak.  I personally think it's a great idea long-term, but obviously, it has had a drastic effect on attendance.  

Also, if you sell tickets or passes on StubHub, you have to enter in the barcode information.  If you have season tickets through the team, you can click a few buttons and your tickets are immediately listed on TicketMaster.  

The opposite is true for the Orioles.  They partner with StubHub, so a lot more tickets are available for the Orioles via Stubhub than TicketMaster or other services.  

29 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

The Redskins probably eliminated the folks who buy up season tickets and sell them on the secondary market.  The ticket office is now selling those tickets directly to the fans.  They decided to cut out the middle man in a sense, and that is what actually ended the sell-out streak.  I personally think it's a great idea long-term, but obviously, it has had a drastic effect on attendance.  

I agree TT, you can go to the Skins website and to Ticketmaster and see the number of tickets available in the general admission sections.

But I've seen very few club seats for sale on the Ticketmaster site for indivisual games, and those that are, the Skins are charging the exhorbitant prices they are asklng people who have club seat contracts to pay. And there also seem to be very few club seats for sale on Stubhub.  Like I said...…..there are probably 250-300 seats in Section 315.  Last week there were at most 10 seats in that section available on Stubhub, but at the game yesterday, at most 60 or so of the seats in the section were occupied. 

13 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I agree TT, you can go to the Skins website and to Ticketmaster and see the number of tickets available in the general admission sections.

But I've seen very few club seats for sale on the Ticketmaster site for indivisual games, and those that are, the Skins are charging the exhorbitant prices they are asklng people who have club seat contracts to pay. And there also seem to be very few club seats for sale on Stubhub.  Like I said...…..there are probably 250-300 seats in Section 315.  Last week there were at most 10 seats in that section available on Stubhub, but at the game yesterday, at most 60 or so of the seats in the section were occupied. 

They're almost certainly not listing some tickets for sale to control the market. They'd make them available in batches as they sell to protect their price. 

4 hours ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

Just for fun...... go to stubhub and see the ticket prices in Arlington Texas for tomorrow’s game 👀 

they are getting $760 behind the Cowboys Bench. Craziness!!!! 

A "good" seat looks like 380. That's vs. 230 for a similar seat in DC.

Club level - 304 vs. 199.

In either case, plenty of seats are available. 

On 11/19/2018 at 7:33 PM, hail2skins said:

After I posted what I did above, I actually remembered that the club level is sold through stub hub, as it's namesake implies- they pay a rights fee for the club level to be named after it, and therefore, they sell the club seats.  Ticketmaster has the additional lower and upper level.  Anyone with season tickets can upload their barcode information to any ticket sites, which is why a handful of Redskins club seats can be on Ticketmaster.  Look at StubHub next time.  

TT, that's what I said though. A section I've noticed empty all season long and last week I checked and very few tickets in the section were on Stubhub.

I think there are very few folks with club seat contracts anymore and the Skins themselves are not selling the vacant club seats to brokers to resell anymore.  Thus you have a middle section of the stadium which is empty.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Giants tickets on Stubhub, Thursday before the game. Below prices include fees:

Upper sidelines, lower rows start at $60

Club level sidelines start at $125

Lower sidelines start at $90

So the total collapse of the ticket market has basically been fixed, because last year, this game would have tickets on sale for $10.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, might as well finish Turtle's thread in style. Friday afternoon before the Eagles game. Sideline sections considered, prices are Stubhub, fees included:

Club start at @140

Upper start at @90

Lower start at @165

Prices obviously being driven by demand from Philly.

Be interesting to see what the strategy is for 2019, particularly with Lafemina and the merry men now bye-bye.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm posting this because I was curious and I bet others are curious too. These are playoff tickets I'd buy as of 1/11/19. Good seats, not just getting in the stadium. 

Indy @ KC - $210 (KC is renowned for it's home field advantage)

Dallas @ Rams - $599 (Everything is silly expensive out there?)

Chargers @ Patriots - $338

Eagles @ Saints - $598 (I'm surprised at this)

22 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

What are the odds the Skins ever host a divisional round or conference round game at FedEx before they move out?

And I wonder how much the Skins would wind up charging for such a game?  The Dallas regular season game was $159 plus fees for the upper deck.

Playoff ticket prices are set by the league. It’s not a team decision. 

Season ticket holders are offered the chance to purchase home playoff tickets for the wildcard round only at the same price as regular season tickets. If they don’t host a wildcard game, the balance goes towards your next years tickets (and is advertised as otherwise nonrefundable) 

7 hours ago, tshile said:

Playoff ticket prices are set by the league. It’s not a team decision. 

Season ticket holders are offered the chance to purchase home playoff tickets for the wildcard round only at the same price as regular season tickets. If they don’t host a wildcard game, the balance goes towards your next years tickets (and is advertised as otherwise nonrefundable) 

I remember hearing that too. I have a friend who still had tickets through the Redskins in the club level in 2015. He did not take the Skins up on their offer to prepay for the wildcard round before the season (he didn't even remember it being offered) and when the game against the Packers came around, they were asking him to pay $350 per seat for seats he had been paying $250 for during the season. He wound up sitting in the 200s instead. 

On 1/11/2019 at 11:38 PM, hail2skins said:

I remember hearing that too. I have a friend who still had tickets through the Redskins in the club level in 2015. He did not take the Skins up on their offer to prepay for the wildcard round before the season (he didn't even remember it being offered) and when the game against the Packers came around, they were asking him to pay $350 per seat for seats he had been paying $250 for during the season. He wound up sitting in the 200s instead. 

You have to sign up to pay, like a pledge, but not actually pay until they clinch the home playoff game. I'm not exactly sure why they do it that way. For a season ticket holder it should be the default option. You should have to opt out.

• 8 months later...
8 minutes ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

2019 = 👀 

week 3 and tickets on stubhub for $16

it will be so embarrassing to see a half empty stadium in prime time

Yup, I had a few people who were interested in my tickets for tonight, then they saw they can buy Club seats for $30.      I didn't buy my tickets to make money, but not even being able to sell them even at a huge loss is pretty pathetic.

Also, not being able to take Metro from Morgan Blvd after 1054 pm does not help. Would have to pay more for a parking pass than it would for a game ticket on Stubhub.

Good that the Skins had the Cowboys in first so they didn't have another bad new attendance story to open the season (from a sellout perspective......the fact that nearly half of the crowd were Dallas fans is another issue). I do think cheaper prices on Stubhub should help with the numbers compared to last season. Of course, the Redskins will count seats sold to brokers as "sold" in the attendance numbers, so the folks going to the games will have to tell us if the seating bowl, especially the club and upper levels, are any more occupied than last season. 

18 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

Yup, I had a few people who were interested in my tickets for tonight, then they saw they can buy Club seats for $30.      I didn't buy my tickets to make money, but not even being able to sell them even at a huge loss is pretty pathetic.

You can now get them for $20

27 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

I didn't renew my season tickets last year after 20 years for this very reason basically.   I can now go on ticketmaster and stubhub and buy tickets in my old section and row (454) for $20, a fraction of what I'd have paid otherwise . . . and that's on top of preseason and the games I don't want to go to at the end of December when we're 5-9.  

Archived